ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BruceHillRacing
    41 posts

@mataresian

He has a good point, however you would think they could in some sense, pick up where they left off. Especially when it comes to story, side quests, mini games etc etc

• swampeh
    12 posts

@asgardian02 problem with the Japan option, which I have been hoping to see for ages... is that it's probably too late now, it'd inevitably be compared with Ghost of Tsushima, and probably fail miserably to live up to the standards set by that game...

• swampeh
    12 posts

@william_d0g yeah and Doncaster doesn't sit atop a snow covered mountain/hill... 😂 exactly the opposite.. it's sits in Don Valley, and was a Roman staging fort due to it's low lying position, with the ability to traverse the nearby River Don..

I can forgive and understand the need for artistic licence but it's like they went completely out of their way to make the map not reflect reality in any way.. and I have found it quite jarring at times, snapping me out of the 'immersion' thinking that's just ridiculous... Perhaps that's the problem with living in one of the featured areas... I wonder if those in Egypt and Greece felt the same way... with Origins and Odyssey? I say this because I have similar issues with dialects.. why everyone either sounds like they're from either downtown Barnsley, or Somerset Cider apple fields and nothing in between, other than the Picts who sound like a bunch of Glaswegians on a pub crawl! 😂

But as I've mentioned elsewhere in the thread, the context isn't helped there's Database entries from 'Shaun Hastings' stating things like England has no sandy beaches, just pebble and shingle... which is just plain wrong, there's no need for inaccuracies like that.. to me it just shows a lack of effort or understanding of the subject area.

I might sound nitpicky... but when things like this are lumped in with all the other issues mentioned in this thread, it start to paint a bleak picture overall sadly..

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@swampeh

most games recently have been set up within the europe area which is fine and all, But surely other parts in the world have great history and stories to tell as well, no?

I mean what about the aztecs or mongolia or stuff in africa.
    There are plenty of world parts that might be considered 3th world in this day of ages that were in fact much more advanced then europe a few 1000 years back.

• XX-Artorias-XX
    92 posts

@chevy_man2010 no and no.

Combat in odyssey is too much "god and magic skill", there is no weight,no tactical, and parry is a child using way , because is easy, too powerfull, and with rallenty.
    You can so spam stamina, and bye bye challenge, too easy dodge.

Combat in odyssey is not a combat, but a soam of ability because enemy ad Nightmare ate sponge.

Valhalla has Better combat, Better moveset, more weight on hit .

Problem Is that valhalla lack in challenge because enemy are dumb and fight too much carefull,i played on dreng withouth using ability but i lost challenge altre 150 leveles.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@swampeh

Aye, got to Donny last night and thought "lol, wut" ?

It's a bit awkward for me, over the years I've lived and worked all over England, Scotland and Wales and when I set out to go somewhere I never need a Sat Nav or a map. This pretty much messes me up in game even though I try to ignore it.

And agreed on the beaches thing, I now live on the Northeast Coast and walk my dogs on miles and miles of sandy beaches every day. Ubi either didn't do their homework or don't give a toss anyway, either way, they spoilt it and that's a real shame.

• Olliepop92
    5 posts

@droid8apple I never use my bird anymore because it doesn't uncover things or I can't use it to target enemies. I don't have any use for it. I agree with that. I can deal with the runes and the skills system okay, I don't love it but seeing as Eivor isn't an isu I feel she doesn't need to be so overpowered. I agree on the songs on the boat. My goodness it is so unenjoyable. I also would like companion animals and transmog

• Olliepop92
    5 posts

@asgardian02 I'm still hoping for a shogunite or imperial Japan or China storyline. There is a lot of interesting mythology from those countries as well so they would have a lot of material to work with. And I loved origins and Egypt something other than white washed story lines.

• Olliepop92
    5 posts

Even with some of the issues the game has or things I miss from origins and odyssey I absolutely love all three games, Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla. I am a female gamer and new to the AC community and games and really enjoy it. I have high hopes for the directions Ubisoft could go and I hope they do right by the community and fans who love these games. I would love to see Japan and China/more of Asia.

• swampeh
    12 posts
    It's a bit awkward for me, over the years I've lived and worked all over England, Scotland and Wales and when I set out to go somewhere I never need a Sat Nav or a map.

Same... 👍

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

Just came across this game - unsure if it's been posted before (searched but no hits) - looks like it might satisfy some people's desires:

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@kreutzgang

i am awaiting biomutant, its coming in may, but ill wait a couple of months just to be sure.

It looks great though.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 I've had biomutant on my list for ages (it's taking super long to release?). There are quite a few games coming out that sound interesting, but or the time being my controller is broken and I can't play anything except isometric games as I suck at action games using the keyboard LOL

• swampeh
    12 posts

@kreutzgang Nah not for me... it's a Korean MMO, and basically the successor to Black Desert Online... which means either give up your life to the grind, or get out the wallet...

It does look pretty, BDO did too (and still does to be fair)... But I'm past MMO's now, and definitely past Korean MMOs...

A game I was looking forward to is Hood Outlaws & Legends, when I first saw it I thought that looks suspiciously like another game we all know...
    Then I found out it's a Co-Op PvPvE game... I'm surpised Ubi hasn't tried to do this with AC.... (I mean from the trailers it does have a very similar style)...
    It definitely would be the final nail in the coffin for me though...

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@swampeh I couldn't tell from the trailers it was an MMO - assumed not since they say you have your crew of mercs and it seems to be a set main character, not a customisable one - how the heck would that work in an MMO? If it is, it's a hard pass for me too.

TBH I am starting to get the feeling AC might be heading towards some kind of MMO type title judging by these ridiculous mysteries no single person could realistically ever solve. That's definitely MMO territory right there. The dreadful grindy aspects don't bode too well either.

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@kreutzgang

problem with games from korea and or china that they lean heavy on MTX's which are often better then what us found in game and often wont even be released in the west

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 what's MTX? You can play their current game here, so surely they'll release that one here too?

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@kreutzgang
    micro transactions

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@asgardian02 in mmo's yeah - in single player games too?

• Asgardian02
    1938 posts

@kreutzgang

i am sorry but havent you noticed the helix store in Valhalla?? Those are MTX's too and valhalla is an single-player game.

Suggested Topics