Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@swampeh couldn't agree more, though I did like some of the side characters in Valhalla. Sigurd doesn't even make sense. He acts like he was given a lobotomy. I don't dislike Eivor (playing as male) - he's aright, just another grumpy dude. As for Odyssey, I don't get the hate for Alexios. I only played as him, and he's one of my fav game characters. He has humour, great facial expressions and is a change from the chronically glum MC's we've had in AC. In fact, I liked him so much that I can't play as Kassandra, not because I dislike her, but I can't cope with Alexios being the villain xD And as for Kass, aside her being possibly unrealistic, I think she was well-done as far as female game characters go: neither overly butch not overly fragile, and she doesn't look like she walked out of [censored]. And those world events, while some of them are great, there are just too many, and they end up feeling like the other repetitive stuff on the map - having some memorable, recurring characters like Socrates and Alkibiades in Odyssey would have spiced them up too.

Also, yeah the anomalies. 😒 They feel dated to me, same for the drinking games. They remind me of AC3, where we had "hit x button, then y button" mechanics, and Desmond had to crawl around some maze, which at one point was completely pitch black (at least I think that was in 3).

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

Considering AC games are 18+ (I think?), some of the censoring on these forums is kinda weird xD

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@gloomseeker I'm with you. Before Alexios, Edward was my fav AC character, but I'd have liked him more if he'd had more of a sense of humour - also I'm biased as he's from Swansea which is where I grew up haha. Eivor relies a lot on World Events to reveal their character, things like desyncing for killing civilians that literally run into their blade (make the damn AI batter if we hare going to have that mechanic, lol), and those blend-in mechanics that probably hardly anyone uses.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @swampeh couldn't agree more, though I did like some of the side characters in Valhalla. Sigurd doesn't even make sense. He acts like he was given a lobotomy. I don't dislike Eivor (playing as male) - he's aright, just another grumpy dude. As for Odyssey, I don't get the hate for Alexios. I only played as him, and he's one of my fav game characters. He has humour, great facial expressions and is a change from the chronically glum MC's we've had in AC. In fact, I liked him so much that I can't play as Kassandra, not because I dislike her, but I can't cope with Alexios being the villain xD And as for Kass, aside her being possibly unrealistic, I think she was well-done as far as female game characters go: neither overly butch not overly fragile, and she doesn't look like she walked out of [censored]. And those world events, while some of them are great, there are just too many, and they end up feeling like the other repetitive stuff on the map - having some memorable, recurring characters like Socrates and Alkibiades in Odyssey would have spiced them up too.

Also, yeah the anomalies. 😒 They feel dated to me, same for the drinking games. They remind me of AC3, where we had "hit x button, then y button" mechanics, and Desmond had to crawl around some maze, which at one point was completely pitch black (at least I think that was in 3).

And i'm the complete opposite i do not hate Alexios though i just cannot see Kassandra as the Deimos nope i like her to much for she is one of my favorite protagonists.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@patricia81994 You played her first I guess?

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    @patricia81994 You played her first I guess?

Yes that is true i just cannot relate to male characters and that's my main reason so if i can play as myself then why would i play as a male. But what about you you never gave Kassandra a chance either because you said you only played as him ... she's a lot of fun too and a great sense of humor and great facial expressions. 😜

The only male character that i actually liked was in the last GoW game i liked the old Kratos. 😊

• Yesin069
    554 posts

I played Odyssey with first with Alexios and then with Kassandra.

Kassandra clearly had the better voice actress, so she was better. But both characters are not good enough for me. I just didn't care for them because the decisions where too black and white. They had some humour here and there but they weren't charming. Just some silly humour like putting and exe into a goats [censored]. Not exactly "funny" in my eyes but this humour was well received in Immortals which also had younger audiences (not saying it is a game for kids but it is better pleased for kids than AC).

In Valhalla the voice actor of male Eivor is world better than the female one (in my opinion) Magnus Bruun did such a great job and i really like his voice as male Eivor. Regarding Eivors character as a whole: I still didn't play enough to tell but for me he is just an inch better than Alexios/Kassandra. Valhalla dosn't seem to have real decisions (which is fine for me). They are more just dialogue options that tell you more about some happening or smaller decisions that all fit Eivors character.

Kassandra/Alexios felt more like empty holes and this could be a reason why more people liked them. They could make them their own character but this also menas that you could act like a hero in one scene and like an [censored] in another.

Eivor feels more like he has a character and all decisions make sense for him as a viking. But i will make my final decision when i played the whole game and the DLC's.

• cawatrooper9
    38 posts

@roxxai I definitely preferred it this way.

After Origins and Odyssey, I was so tired of tagging stuff with the bird.

Definitely felt like Syenin could've had some sort of extra ability, though. I made such good use of the drone in Watch Dogs 2, I feel like AC could add in some abilities that you could use while the bird (rather than bird-themed abilities you use as the Assassin)

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@cawatrooper9

First i disliked Synin because he is pretty useless in Valhalla. But now i just love it!

Now i am much more focused on the world without always using the eagle/raven. I prefer having to be more careful and watch for enmies. The raven is just used when finding an search area or looking for specific places that some World Events point you to, without quest markers.

But i also understand the people that miss the enemy tagging. Maybe Ubisoft can add this via a raven upgrade mechanic in one of the DLC. I will stay with the raven as he (or she?) is now because i got used to it and prefer it now.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@patricia81994 Like I said I tried, and I didn't dislike her, she's great too, but my brain just couldn't do it. I also find the concept of her as the antagonist quite refreshing, as usually female antagonists are witches or other stereotypes.

• swampeh
    12 posts

@knightoftara I think the best (or rather most OP) gear in the game is the Corilingian Set (excuse spelling if it's wrong) available only to Amazon Prime Subscribers.. I'm talking Armour & Shield only though, the weapon is average..

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@swampeh

I think for all playstyles the best armor isn't obtainable in the game and need to be bought in the Animus Store. It would be a problem if the game is any hard but i could also play the game naked, so i don't care.

Nevertheless i wan't Ubisoft to know that they need to slow down microtransactions rapidly. There should be at least double the amount of armour obtainable in the game compared to armor in the animus store. Currently we have 9 in game and 9 in the store. So Ubisoft should stop with microtransactions for the next months until new DLC adds new gear sets.

I don't know which idea it was at Ubisoft to release new gear sets in the animus store every two weeks. It would have been enough if they said a new armor every month (like their decision to just five us one patch per month).

Why can't they release patches every two weeks and microtransactions every month? Patches would fix bugs and make buyers less angry BUT Ubisoft needs money more than anything!

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

its pretty crazy that a big gamestudio as ubisoft can release only once a months patches to fix stuff.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

I really can't understand why they are doing it like that since Origins. I know they had their roadmap and their plan and deadlines. But Valhalla has some gamebreaking bugsand they should be fixed as soon as the devs has fixed them on their side. I think they already fixed a lot of bugs but still are collecting all things for just one patch per month.

When i look at other games from other publishers, they put out patches like there is no tomorrow. Sometimes even every two days if it is needed. Ubisoft just collects all bugfixes, all content and just everything and throws it at us monthly. What does this mean...more new bugs of course.

Every single change in the code of a game can mean huge bugs in different places. Mostly even good testing can't make the devs aware of some new bugs so they will just appear if thousands of people play the game with the patch.

I think Ubisoft badly wants to release patches for all platforms at the same time. So they always need to give patches to Microsoft and Sony for certification (which also costs money and takes some days). Other studios release more patches exclusive for PC because PC's mostly have unique problems and need more care. Ubisoft Toronto is pushing some PC exclusive patches for Watch Dogs:Legion. Why is it a problem with AC? Maybe the deal with XBox hinders them and this is another reason why i hate platform deals with multi-platform titles. This is also why they released Valhalla 7 days earlier, even it it was very buggy. It always is more important to please the platform partner than all gamers that buy their games.

• swampeh
    12 posts

@yesin069 Yep pretty much, I think every set in the store is better than anything in game stats wise...

I played with the Carolingian Set, as I thought it looked the nicest (minus the helm). I did buy the Hudulfolk from the store right at the beginning because I thought that looked pretty cool, then found out there was no transmog.. so stuck with the Carolingian set as it was pretty much double the stats on anything I found in game, and quite a bit on the better base stats than the Hudulfolk I bought from the store... plus I liked the gear bonuses, Increased Atk above 50% Health, Increased Armour Below 50% Health

So in a nutshell, I wasted my money... guess that'll teach me!

• longjohn119
    609 posts
    @yesin069 Yep pretty much, I think every set in the store is better than anything in game stats wise...

I played with the Carolingian Set, as I thought it looked the nicest (minus the helm). I did buy the Hudulfolk from the store right at the beginning because I thought that looked pretty cool, then found out there was no transmog.. so stuck with the Carolingian set as it was pretty much double the stats on anything I found in game, and quite a bit on the better base stats than the Hudulfolk I bought from the store... plus I liked the gear bonuses, Increased Atk above 50% Health, Increased Armour Below 50% Health

So in a nutshell, I wasted my money... guess that'll teach me!

I have every single piece of gear from the store in Odyssey and it only cost me $9.98 to buy the single piece of missing armor to complete a set which I did twice when they had a 60% off sale so I was able to complete 5 sets each time ..... Some sets I won outright like my favorite the Odysseus Set (+50% Adrenaline bar for Hunter Abilities) Which allows you to get off 2 devastating shots or two multi shots for one adrenalin bar ..... I use most of the store armor in Odyssey for transmog only so I have a look that fits what I'm doing at the time and I can mix and match armor from different sets to come up with a completely unique look instead of the same boring look you get in Valhalla ...... Part of what gives Odyssey so much replayability is you have all these different looks and you can do a lot of things in a completely different order each time ..... One thing I found was if you level yourself up properly which isn't at all hard to do if you hunt down Cultists as soon as they are available or their clues are available then before you do the quests in Pephka you do the Diona quests on Kythera Island and when you get to Pephka you get some new dialog from Leandros and others ..... If you play the normal way Diona's sister tells you to look for Melite in Pephka and you reply you have never been there when you already have been there and often have already killed Melite because Leandros' daughter gives you the clue and he becomes available on the map and in the Cultist window .... That always annoyed me so I decided to try doing Kythera first and lo and behold I got new dialog in Pephka .... Obviously they originally had Kythera Island at a lower level so you would do it first but then changed the level making it higher than Pephka and Lakonia so most people end up doing it after the Family Quest is done instead of doing it before you even get to Lakonia like I have done the last 2 times I played

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@longjohn119
    some punctuation wouldnt hurt ...

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@longjohn119

Why are you even buying armour for real money? Just let it aside and don't give them your money. If nobody cares and buys this stuff, they will stop from alone to add this microtransactions.

Even for 1 Euro i won't buy anything from the store. Even with the 300 Helix Credits you get at the start i buy nothing.

PC players also had the option to unlock all this stuff through some PC magic.

Fortunately i find all theit store armor sets ugly and immersion breaking. I always prefer the starting armour in games like that. Even in games like Dark Souls i prefer the standard armor from marketing material. It makes the game also harder but i always want to immerse myself in games and those standard armors are always the way the devs intented the protagonists to look. I just collect every armor because i am a completionist but immersion is the most important thing for me. No need in running around with an Isu armor or an burning armor. Even shining red armors are too much for me (i like red).

In Valhalla i am still with all the armor i got from the start and i didn't even upgrade it. I don't think i will change it even when transmog comes out because the game is easy enough. No need for the best skills or putting the best runes in.

But this is just my opinion and my way of playing. In understand everyone who wants fancy armor sets every hour. I simply don't care...

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

also the helix armors somehow dont really match with the ingame armor.
    During my playtime in Odyssey i now and then got some helix armor through those vases and the texture of those pieces seemed totally different from the ingame armor.
    Matching them didnt look to be anyway.

Another thing even when using such a piece for transmog pruposes only it just didnt feel right. The ingame armors where obtained from killing certain hard bosses or through quests.
    Wearing them felt good. But using such a helic item i got through a vase didnt feel good at all.

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@asgardian02

At least theyplease the people that want unicorns or pay as sauron. This is what cheats and mods should be for.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics