Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@yesin069

no cheatcodes in AC games, no mods allwowed either i believe.

Gotto love Doom Eternal though for its cheatscodes.

• longjohn119
    609 posts
    @longjohn119

Why are you even buying armour for real money? Just let it aside and don't give them your money. If nobody cares and buys this stuff, they will stop from alone to add this microtransactions.

Even for 1 Euro i won't buy anything from the store. Even with the 300 Helix Credits you get at the start i buy nothing.

PC players also had the option to unlock all this stuff through some PC magic.

Fortunately i find all theit store armor sets ugly and immersion breaking. I always prefer the starting armour in games like that. Even in games like Dark Souls i prefer the standard armor from marketing material. It makes the game also harder but i always want to immerse myself in games and those standard armors are always the way the devs intented the protagonists to look. I just collect every armor because i am a completionist but immersion is the most important thing for me. No need in running around with an Isu armor or an burning armor. Even shining red armors are too much for me (i like red).

In Valhalla i am still with all the armor i got from the start and i didn't even upgrade it. I don't think i will change it even when transmog comes out because the game is easy enough. No need for the best skills or putting the best runes in.

But this is just my opinion and my way of playing. In understand everyone who wants fancy armor sets every hour. I simply don't care...

Well that "PC magic" will get you banned from the forums for suggesting it and if they catch you you can lose access to ALL your Ubisoft games ..... Permanently

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@longjohn119

I never said i did it. I said i find the armor in the store ugly so i wouldn't use it even if it is free.

This is how always the microtransaction gear sets "leak". With every patch they add the new microtransactions for the coming month and some YouTubers unlock it and show it.

I don't care for those leaks because i don't care for their microtransactions. I gave them enough money for an unfinished game. I just want to play the game without major bugs and i would do it even now but i still need to wait.

There are also big Ubisoft partners showing those leaks so they should start banning them.

I just play thegame without any unlocks. Simple as that.

• longjohn119
    609 posts

@yesin069

Ubisoft partners like JorRaptor get free access codes so they can show off new armor sets when they become available .....

And frankly you have no business telling me how I spend my money, I don't tell you how to spend yours .... It takes me about 5-10 minutes of work to earn the 10 bucks I spent on Odyssey to complete some armor sets @ 60% off

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

@longjohn119

ofcourse your free to spend your money as you see fit.

The problem though is that when ppl spend that that much money on MTX, gamestudios design their games around MTX and in doing so totally destroy the game experience of those game.
    Such as with valhalla

• Yesin069
    554 posts

@longjohn119

I didn't want to offend you in any way. I am sorry if i did so.
    No need to say how much you earn. I think many people here could by everything in the Animus Shop. This should be no big achievement.

Ubisoft just does this stuff because there are clearly enough people who wait for this gear sets and buy them. Sadly this will never change and will get even worse. As long as i can play the game without this stuff, i don't care.

JorRaptor also shows leaked armor sets and gives credit to the ones who unlocked them, like here:

But as i said, i don't unlock those armors for me because i don't want to use them even as a gift.

• longjohn119
    609 posts
    @swampeh couldn't agree more, though I did like some of the side characters in Valhalla. Sigurd doesn't even make sense. He acts like he was given a lobotomy. I don't dislike Eivor (playing as male) - he's aright, just another grumpy dude. As for Odyssey, I don't get the hate for Alexios. I only played as him, and he's one of my fav game characters. He has humour, great facial expressions and is a change from the chronically glum MC's we've had in AC. In fact, I liked him so much that I can't play as Kassandra, not because I dislike her, but I can't cope with Alexios being the villain xD And as for Kass, aside her being possibly unrealistic, I think she was well-done as far as female game characters go: neither overly butch not overly fragile, and she doesn't look like she walked out of [censored]. And those world events, while some of them are great, there are just too many, and they end up feeling like the other repetitive stuff on the map - having some memorable, recurring characters like Socrates and Alkibiades in Odyssey would have spiced them up too.

Also, yeah the anomalies. 😒 They feel dated to me, same for the drinking games. They remind me of AC3, where we had "hit x button, then y button" mechanics, and Desmond had to crawl around some maze, which at one point was completely pitch black (at least I think that was in 3).

And i'm the complete opposite i do not hate Alexios though i just cannot see Kassandra as the Deimos nope i like her to much for she is one of my favorite protagonists.

Kassandra never sold me as Deimos like Alexios did and that comes down more to the voice acting ...... Melissanthi just doesn't have it in her to pull off the antagonist but was brilliant as the protagonist ...... Now while I didn't hate Michael as the protagonist I thought he was really good as the antagonist especially after I got rid of that pretty boy hair and Miami Vice 5 o'clock shadow and gave him Leonidas' hair and beard in jet black so he looked the part of the Bad Guy

This is how a proper Bad Guy should look

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics