Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lukensen87
    15 posts

I disagree, I think ''the bird' was too powerful in Origins and Odyssey, like really on fantasy levels lol, also all the items that were cluttering my inventory.. yikes, no thanks.

Only bugs can kill my fun sometimes, but overall I prefer Valhalla much more.

• TORFINR
    364 posts

And as Odyssey was already a downgrade from Origins for me, you can imagine my feeling... 😢

• lordsarx
    8 posts

I like Valhalla but I have to agree with the OP, Odyssey was just so good. No real reason to use the raven since it doesn't mark anything and the guards blend into environment so much.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@droid8apple

Hello 🙂

Thats a great post and sums up how Im feeling too.

Also Id like to add to all that you mentioned above;
    Im finding female Eivor is not so womanly and her armours are too bulky, a minor thing I know but I felt Cassandra, Evie and Aya were all strong women and feminine as well. Its wonderful to have the customisation options for hair and armours but when the options are all really butch and manly then it feels kind of pointless. Im unable to get any enjoyment out of this feature because Im finding the hairstyles awful and the armours awful too. Im playing a sneaky build and they are all too bulky and heavy.

I really really am grateful to Ubisoft for continuing on this path and adding female protaganists to theri wonderful games and in the past the femal leads have been fabulous as well as the customisation features for them, it feels like a bit of a step back here with poor female Eivor though.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

I personally preferred the sheer amount of weapons and armor available in Odyssey compared to this Sure a lot of stuff turned out to be junk after a while, but it was a nice steady source of materials.. I'm glad we got shields back at least, but I don't like that I have 14 or so shields to choose from and only a handful of axes, two hammers, three spears, and a few two handed weapons. There's just nothing there really in terms of armor and some weapon categories need more in terms of variety as well (don't get me started on no 1 handed swords).

Overall it's just the armor/weapons variety that's a huge downgrade from Odyssey for me. I think if they had a healthy balance between the two, i.e. looting things off of corpses and keeping higher tiereed gear in those chests it'd be alright, not to mention you wouldn't have to worry about running low on resources since you could deconstruct things for basic resources, and make it so higher tier items reward rarer materials like ingots, titanium, fabric, etc.

• Matt_GB
    17 posts

Agreed it's a massive disappointment.

• Droid8Apple
    Original poster 19 posts

@cell1e Very good point there! I also choose the female in every game I can, and you're right. I mean, in a way I get it like she's a "savage viking" but like you said, the others were more feminine and still did fine. I mostly dislike her voice & yeah, the hair. I kind of wish some things were specific to male or female, this way seems like it's there just to appease people. Like it was shoe-horned in. Either way I'm still using her tbh.

• Droid8Apple
    Original poster 19 posts

@fylkirpanzer 100% on that brother! I think if we had Odyssey's system but added in a auto-salvage for low tier people would be happy. But yeah, I'm also sad about no one-handed swords to the point where I bumrushed the skill that allows you to dual wield 2-handed so at least I can use my shield and Dopplehander.

• FylkirPanzer
    180 posts

@droid8apple I just feel kinda disheartened, because I found the Brigandine armor set, which looks almost historically competent (even though Brigandine armor itself wasn't around for about another century IIRC), so that's what I stick with. I don't mind the appearance changes when you upgrade the gear, but at least let us choose which aesthetic we're going with, instead of having some strange color variations or in the case of the Galloglac cloak, some random bit of armor that just floats on the fur. I also liked that some of the lower tier looks didn't have the "assassin" style pointed cloth toward the bottom of the armor, or at least it wasn't as pronounced. I'm just nitpicking at this point, because I felt like I've found all there is to find, aside from the Thor armor. Just after 110 or so hours I've only liked the Brigandine, Galloglach, and Raven set, I don't ever see myself using the other stuff because it looks too out of place. Then there's the depressing lack of weapon variety, and even some weapons that have no other appearance changes for their upgrades which makes it a waste of resources. I'm going to get my money's worth and enjoyment out of this game, but it's off to a depressing start compared to Odyssey.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@droid8apple

Yes her voice was a big problem for me and still is at times, its very jarring. She's very manly in her voice, looks and the armours do nothing to highlight some of her assets which is while she has no curves to speak of, she is fit and strong and would look great in some good leather gear, form fitting but soft.

Something like this

Awesome Skyrim Female Armor Mods - post - Imgur

Her hair needs work too, the textures aren't great and Id like to see her with a long plait, no shaved bits, maybe over the shoulder plait or down the back plait. She needs something to soften her, to differentiate her from her male counterpart. At this point there is not much different between their two bodies and faces except the beard.

So the choice is illusion cause they are so similar in body and looks.

• Matt_GB
    17 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Matt_GB
    17 posts

@cell1e Completely agree every female character is flat chested compared to the previous games. You can tell that it's mostly wokes and females now at Ubisoft.

• Mr.Dastone
    14 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Cell1e
    174 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • raghu_scsa316
    1 posts

Even the quests are boring. The side quests were so content rich and exciting in Odyssey and in Valhalla they are SO braindead simple and boring - "unlock wolf from basement and walk with it to town", "throw boxes from top of cliff and watch guy jump off". No caves to explore. All the golden dots are just CTRL+C CTRL+V, some building with some hidden way to enter to get some boring gear that does nothing different. There are hundereds of them but they seem to be just placed to make the game feel bigger and inflate playtimes. All side quests are pretty much the same. The worst of all is the stones arrangement. I can't believe the devs thought arranging stones would be any fun for players. Horrible game, I am going to ask everyone I know to skip this one.

Odyssey set the benchmark so high. Valhalla is absolutely garbage.

• GGuts
    3 posts

Additionally, you can't shove civilians to the ground anymore, and enemies can't hit civilians. In previous games you could make civilians fight enemies, but not in Valhalla. These are my biggest complaints of them all!

Makes me sad, that the fun sandbox aspects are just slowly removed. Everything has to be controlled now. You can only play their shallow mini-games and that's it, no further creative fun allowed. Stop making it wider and bigger, Ubisoft, make it deeper and more varied instead! Make the world feel alive again! 😞

• longjohn119
    609 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TORFINR
    364 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Mataresian
    11 posts

You're comparing end-state Odyssey with just-released Valhalla.

• longjohn119
    609 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics