Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ebonzone
    Original poster 29 posts

I personally don't like the fact that if you want to go around wearing a fully upgraded armor set you're forced to look like a shooting star on a black sky. Give us the option to choose from the previous upgrade models which are much more immersive, what happened to keeping a low profile?

Same applies to the weapons/shields. I liked my default viking wooden raven clan shield. You're forcing me to look like a gilded Captain America, no body wants to be a gilded Captain America on a viking game, Ubi.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

@ebonzone I made a post about this too. I hate the way the fully upgraded gear looks in this game. All of it looks like garbage fantasy MMO equipment, massive shoulder pads included. Vikings hoarded or spent their gold, they didn't wear it.

Not to mention things like equipment with mysteriously magically glowing accents... one of the nicer looking shields in the game has a glowing boss for some reason. And the ship cosmetics are even more guilty of tacky, stupid designs, including both glowing and weird cartoony bits.

• Ebonzone
    Original poster 29 posts

@valtyrnine I don't know where Ubi gets their beta player feedback before officially releasing their games (if they even get any). It is the little things like this that counts towards better reviews, for instance.. you're part of the raven clan and instead of getting longboat cosmetic variations around your clan's emblem they somehow figured you'd like to take all your raven clan members on a deer-themed boat.. like.. who thought this would be appealing?

The reason I'm ranting is because I truly like this game and it has so much potential to stand next to other titles such as the Witcher III, it feels like devs must've got huge setbacks due to the pandemic but suits disagreed on postponing release dates, we are talking about aesthetics here but truth is this game needs a lot more polishing on many aspects from combat mechanics to questing depth.

Let's wait and see what the following patches bring but I have this hollow feeling they plan on letting the modding community take this game up to where it should've been.

• Villic
    3 posts

@ebonzone This was a big issue for me in Odyssey as well. For some reason, they seem to think that the more gold in your armor and weapons, the better/more elite it is. Putting aside the fact that gold is a very soft metal and would be a detriment to any functional armor or weapon, this is supposed to be Assassin's Creed, not "please don't notice the guy shining like the sun".

I'm not saying everything has to be black either. There are plenty of earthy colors, various shades of browns for leathers and flat grays for metal bits. Maybe add in a bit of bluish hue to the metals as they go up in quality to simulate the transition from iron to carbon steel. I really wish they could get away from the idea that because something is a better quality, that it has to stand out more.

The mechanic for using previous versions of items is already in the game for your Jomsviking, so hopefully this feature will be implemented for the character really soon.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics