Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • ThannorUBI
    10 posts

@thannorubi This is Xbox Series X, forgot to mention.

• GalliumDeath
    1 posts

Im playing as of Jan 2021 and I also have zero background music at all. Every battle just has the sounds of my footsteps and the fighting. no music. cut scenes are total devoid of any music. In fact all I hear on occasion is ambient music while riding around. i also have my music frequency set to high. I am on PC and I use a soundcard. looks like offering system specs wont be helpful as it appears to be happening to PlayStation and Xbox users as well.

• ThannorUBI
    10 posts

I just discovered that sychronizing with a viewpoint will bring the exploring music back. Also if you stay idle long enough for the crow to come back to you. Music will also start again. But as soons as you move, the music will go away.

• Darren_Evans
    15 posts

@ubi-raziel Patch 1.1.1 seems to have messed up boat songs for me. Pressing T to switch to stories is fine. Songs have been okay up until now.

• Tzwaeni81
    3 posts

SO same for me. PC.... it has happend yesterday... must loaded my last save and suddenly no music anymore. Only sometimes in cutscenes... but then somehow some other sounds are get messed up (footsteps). Even when i synchronise viewpoints no music. Only when i do it a second time... but then no sound for th leap of faith. In base no sound. All savegames are affected!

Come Ubisoft. No way i'm gonna play this anymore with this bug.... totally immersive destruction.

• Kusna24
    3 posts

Great, patch 1.1.1 and I still have this bug... How is this possible... First report of this bug is from Nov 15 and no one from ubisoft even respond...

• supermansucks12
    1 posts

I have this same issue even after patch 1.1.1. Music only plays for me when I synchronize or am in combat. Zero music when I'm exploring makes the game unplayable for me as exploration is my favorite part about this game and the music really adds to it.

• DarkVamp1ress
    1 posts

PLEASE FIX THIS. I am constantly requesting music from my crew and nothing plays - stories work just fine. I thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack that would randomly play, especially during raids it was so exciting. Now all I hear are battle noises. I don't even want to play now it doesn't feel immersive or like i'm getting the full experience.
    This just randomly started I have completed alliance with 4 territories before uniting with Sigurd where it started. I'm playing on xbox series X.
    I have tried fully restarting my console and taking the disk out with no success. My music is set to high and performance is quality.
    Ridiculous that I can't communicate with tove and change my hairstyle/tattoos for my entir e game, and now this.

• SpirantCrayon22
    247 posts

Me, too. I've done several arcs, increasing difficulty and have just done Shropshire. I'm in Kent now. There is no singing on the boat, I have had it most/all the time up to now. Requesting it does nothing. Surely you don't need a video showing this. Xbox One S (I also play on X). Audio settings:

Voice langauge - English
    Master volume - 100%
    Music volume - 100%
    Sound fx volume - 100%
    Dialogue boost - off
    Audio dynamic range - full
    Music frequency - normal
    Collision sound - off
    Subtitle display - on

Subtitles are on, closed captions are off, menu narration is off.

• jlmr01
    1 posts

I have the same bug. A shame, but I'm sure it will be fixed at some point.

One thing I have noticed that might help in diagnosing: exploration music always returns after synchronizing a fast-travel point. When climbing up the "sync-point-sound starts and after jumping down usually exploration music can be heard. This continues until some event kills it again, for example encountering wolves or getting into combat. After such an event, exploration music will not return even though I am exploring for many minutes. Hope this helps.

• VENOML0RD
    6 posts

guys best solution is to open sportify Ac Valhalla original game sound track and play , don't wait for Ubisoft this game will be old until they fix it :)).

• Yesin069
    547 posts

I also find the sound quality in Valhalla...strange!

Since Origins i always put music frequency on high and i would also prefer background music always playing (like in Witcher or older AC titles). But in Valhalla the music gets verry muffled and you barely hear the music when in combat. Also combat encounters in free roam have no music at all which makes them pretty lackluster.

Ubisoft clearly needs to change something because this seems like a bug. It worked better in Origins and Odyssey.

But as we know Ubisoft..problems like that will never be fixed. Same with performance. We have to live with it and not buy the next games from them. Just buy them after they proved to listen to the community and care about what we want fixed and what not.

Nobody said: Please fix XP glitches, but they fixed them pretty fast. The time they spend in fixig those exploits (in a singleplayer game where everybody is free to break his own experience if he/she wants to), should have went into bigger bugs or performance and sound problems.

• Arraken343
    2 posts

Same happening here... 100+ hrous into the game, just thinking the sound design is [censored]. A friend shares his favroutie song from the game. Never heard it before. NEVER. And its supposed to be one of the main ones. I got to the point where in a mission there is a fire and I need to save poeple. No music. Really Ubisoft. Shame on you. 3 months after the release, still happening. This game is absolutely mediocre except on the writing. FIX THIS.

• BubbleL0rd
    1 posts

I was having the same issue and I found a temporary fix for me, I turned off music in the settings then I made a save and reloaded the save and turned music back on and the drumming stopped.

• Yesin069
    547 posts

@bubblel0rd

Thanks for the tip but this seems to be too much to do on every start of the game. It is a good workaround but Ubisoft should finally fix this. It shouldn't be that hard to fix bugs that have to do with input devices.

• Iscaru_1988
    1 posts

Hey I have this problem, no music at all.
    It started some days ago, with another strange bug, every time I fast travel or when I launch the game, after the loading screen ends, I see a black background with the loading symbol at the bottom righ corner for 40 or 50 seconds ruining fast load times at all.
    These two problems appeared at the same time.
    I'm playing on ps5.

• TeosTrosa
    6 posts

Hi everyone,
    just wanted to post my experience with musical and sound bugs.
    I played for 156 hrs now. It must has happend after around 130/140 hrs, when I realized that there is know ambience music. The nature sounds are totaly fine.
    Summarized:

• missing ambience music in all locations
    • missing ambience music at Animus anomaly (soundeffects is there, not missing in cursed areas for example)
    • no battlemusic at random ancounters or when discovered in enemy camps
    • no music when infiltrating enemy camps and still hidden

It occure to me as these bugs happened after patch 1.1.1, but cant say it for sure. Uninstalled de game completly, which dindnt help. Maybe it got something to do with the savegame files?

Thank you an I hope this helpes

• Yesin069
    547 posts

@teostrosa

With the new patch the problem still exists. I have ambient music in the same frequency like in Origins and Odyssey. Sadly this isn't enough music for me.

The main problem is the muffled sound when in combat. You barely hear any music because the sound effects are just too loud. Often when in free roam and being ambushed by enemies there is no music at all. It feels really strange and buggy.

• TeosTrosa
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TeosTrosa
    6 posts

@Yesin069

The music frequenzy is very low, but I guess it fits the more settled tone of the game. In the end it is a question of taste. 😄

I also had problems with loud sounds in battle.

I started a new game. Strangely everything works fine in the starting area. I wasnt in Englaland yet, but it would be interesting to know, if verything works fine with this new safefile. I will test this out.

I am playing on PC btw

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics