Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Martian_squid
    4 posts

I Just started my first new game an hour ago (PS4)
    I just rescued my kidnapped ship-crew and there is not a single note of anything anywhere.
    I thought it was "by design" to make an impact later but it was weird in any case 'cause even in the intro scene where you are young and there si the party there was no music, no ambient just some voices in the background, I was expecting to be thrown in some viking loud something but... nothing.
    Ok now I'm starting to get really annoyed, having no music is totally killing the immersion, it's an empty void of voices, even the enemies dying scream but they seem far away in the distance.
    This is really bad, I should go back to Greece or Egypt to get some captivating ambient...

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 895 posts

Hello @Martian_squid,

Sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of tis occurring, so I can pass it along to the existing investigation? It will help our team to investigate it more efficiently.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • skiersome
    1 posts

Fix this! I am playing on PS5. I had an error where the battle/danger music was playing on loop, even in Ravensthorpe. I went back to the menu and reloaded my game. Ever since, I have lost all background music, even in earlier save files. Special music such as battle music, cursed land music, and others still works. But then it goes back to silence. All other ambient sound effects and menu music works fine.

• AngelMCZ
    4 posts

@ubiexcellent @Ubi-Mark hi, this is a video i made so you can check that theres no zealot (version 1 nor 2) battle theme:

Also, no random battle theme, and ambient music takes too much to start playing.
    I managed to make Ravensthorpe soundtrack to play on my settlement only after reseting to default the sound options and meditating. It goes 20-30 sec then loop again.

Guys you have to address this, because more and more people are having this bug, and resetting does not fix it.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@skiersome Hey there, and welcome to the forums. I appreciate you letting me know about this looping issue that occurred right before this error with the background music no longer appearing under normal conditions began. I've shared this with the teams that are investigating to aid their investigation.

@AngelMCZ Thanks for creating and uploading this clip! I have also sent this to our teams, since it does a great job of showcasing that the zealot battle theme is missing.

Official Response
  • olat_dragneel
    9 posts

@UbiExcellent

Hi there!

So I tried a suggestion I got in the ticket I submitted for this and did a clean boot on my system.

I've made another video where you can see the issue.
    I hope a fix is coming in the next title update.

It did not change anything, so I still don't have ambient music and the sounds are very bad quality in general.
    Ambient music rarely plays in any circumstances. When it does - the volume is way too low. Eivor's voice is way louder than other characters and there's a weird echo to all voices in the game.
    Horse galloping sounds are now present. I've played for almost 15 minutes in this video and no music played at any point in time. I played another hour while the video was uploading and there was one song playing for around 1 minute in total and the volume was very, very low.

• DJ_KURPATOV
    1 posts

By the way, I have a video from the release. A good example is that everything worked better before. Now this track is not in the game at all.

• olivesarewin
    1 posts

@ubiexcellent Hi there! I'm playing on PS4 and am also experiencing issues as reported here with the music not behaving as expected. I've managed to pinpoint particular areas where the problems occur, and will list them below (attempting to mark as spoilers for anyone earlier in the game):

spoiler

I wasn't sure if it's worth noting that rolling back to previous saves where the music works correctly isn't a problem for me, but as soon as I reach the points in the story described above I start experiencing issues. These issues also occur in previous save files if I open them before turning off and restarting my PS4. So, if I reload a previous (unbroken) save file whilst experiencing music issues, those music issues will also occur in the loaded save. However, once I turn off my PS4 and restart the game, the music issues only occur in the latest save, with the others behaving normally.

It would be great if this could be fixed, as music issues really do ruin the experience - and having to choose between finishing the game with a sub-optimal experience and waiting an unknown amount of time for a fix is more than a bit frustrating. Thank you for all the work you've done so far though!

• olat_dragneel
    9 posts

Hello!

I've downloaded the latest title patch in hopes these issues are fixed and after playing for 3 hours I can safely say that they are NOT.

Ambient music does not play, no fight music, nothing. Eivor's voice still sounds like he's thinking, while he's actually speaking out loud, with a weird echo and way louder than any other character.

This patch did nothing about these issues for me.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 533 posts

Thank you everyone for your continued updates and information! We have forwarded each of your details up to the Game team to be included with their investigation and as soon as we have more info to provide, we should post it here.

If anyone else is experiencing missing music or audio, please let me know and provide the platform that you play on and send your most recent manual save to the cloud. Thanks so much for all of your patience!

Official Response
  • Tzwaeni81
    3 posts

So... new DLC and... no music here in Ireland either... really?! This needs finally a fix. Please Ubisoft - please.

• HNedel
    2 posts

@ubikobold So here's the thing, I started playing Valhalla like 2 weeks ago and so far the game has been the best experience in my ps5 so far, like really, good lore, good gameplay, good music, as ironically as it may seem, but yeah, it's all there. Until yesterday... I'm a perfectionist with my games, I want the best graphics, best sound... So when something is odd with those components I immediately realize. This "no music bug" happened to me before, once or twice, mainly in assaults and raids, in which there was a sound of battle drums in the background and no music with it. How I dealt with that? Just got to my main screen and logged back in. Coincidental or not, all the times that it happened before was immediately after a cutscene. The actual bug occurred at the end of Licolnshire Arc spoiler As soon as the quest was concluded I did the same procedure as before, reloaded into the game. With that the HDR problem was fixed, but not the music one. No sound at all. Not in combat, not in exploration, not in stealth, not even in the synchronization points. I tried everything, so far as the PS5 management goes... Loaded different saves, including saves before the bug, changed the language, customized the sound settings, traveled to different locations, and finally, after none of the previous worked, I deleted and reinstalled the entire game. To my surprise, when I woke up today the game was still bugged. Ubisoft u gotta fix this, I played all assassin's creed games so far and I really like Valhalla. The game loses all it's immersion without music.

• HNedel
    2 posts

@ubikobold Being a PS5 I don't think I can send u the cloud save... At least I don't know how to

• UbiKobold

Hello again everybody, and thank you all for providing more information regarding missing music. I greatly appreciate all of your patience, and wanted to update you all on the progress of the investigation. The Game team no longer needs anymore save files, and this should be addressed in a future patch. Please keep an eye out for further updates regarding this, and if any of you have any more to add in the meantime, please let me know!

Official Response
  • Nozgame
    49 posts

@ubikobold I really hope this is also gonna fix the frequency at which the music plays. The game should never go more than 2 minutes without ambient music as long as the music frequency is set to high. Such a shame how Jesper Kyd, Sarah Schachner and Einar Selvik created an amazing soundtrack but we can barely hear it.

Also the official soundtrack albums for the game have a bunch of shanties in Old Norse, how come these aren't in the game ?
    Examples:

We only have the English version of these.

And tracks like the one playing when we have to save Oswald (Hrafnsmal) should also be used during usual combat. It' such a good one, but again, it's barely used. I think I've only heard it during that one battle. Then never again.

• AngelMCZ
    4 posts

@ubikobold i read your answer as the other members, when are you going to address this bug? next patch, which date?
    Thanks in advance.

• Yesin069
    548 posts

@angelmcz

The update will probably be out tomorrow (tuesday) or on thursday, if Ubisoft sticks to their 5 week-release-cycle...

• UbiKobold

Sorry for my delay, but thank you all for your updates and patience regarding missing music. While I do not have a date of when this should be resolved, please know that this should be addressed in a future update. I apologize for not having any more information at this time, but thank you again for all of your patience, as I do understand the time that some of you have been waiting. As more detail is provided, I will provide updates here as I can. Also, Nozgame, the shanties in Old Norse may be missing in relation to this missing music issue. Once the missing music issue is resolved, if you are still not hearing these shanties in-game, please let me know so that I may continue to update the Game team.

Official Response
  • Tzwaeni81
    3 posts

So just loaded new update... still no music. So i guess the problem didn't make it in this patch? Do we really need to wait 5-6 weeks for the next patch? Come on Ubisoft...

• xALTERRAx
    1 posts

This has never happened to me before but after the 1.2.2 Title update, i can't hear music in missions.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics