Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FROST1095
    3 posts

@konthoofdhenk
    Same problem.. I bought the game on their twitter post base just to discover later that it was required th FL 12_0. Feel kinda like cheated..

• Nanoneuron
    3 posts

Like said in Odyssey forum, a lot of people have the same problem sadly...

Features in Dx12 were add 1 month before the launch game in description requirements, so months after the pre order possibilities...

I hope we could have a patch or be refund for this.

I think it's the first game not running in Dx12 (D_11) and only in Dx12 (D_12) and that was not clearly indicated during the pre order possibilities.

It's a big warning for the old GPU gamers, we know that we have to upgrade soon for futur games... but still, add the features requirements without a big warning before the launch feels wrong nethertheless

• sanmongol
    6 posts

I'm wondering why the support isn't responding! Will they solve the problem or not, if not, I will return the game!

• FROST1095
    3 posts

@sanmongol
    probably they are still assessing the situation.

• Niralim-Yave
    2 posts

Can i get a refund if i can't launch the game for some reason the game doesn't even show in my order history so i don't know.

• Nanoneuron
    3 posts

@niralim-yave The game doesn't show on my ubisoft website account nether, but if you go on Uplay (Uplay Connect now), click on your profil in the right corner (arrow down) and you go on My orders, the game order should be here. Then click on details and you should see the refund button. Hope it works for you

• Le-Bad
    1 posts

@bloodgrip I had the same issue and i got mine to work .... here's what i did... go into control panel > device settings >display adapters> right click on intel and disable> make sure you have intel graphics card disabled and check to see that nvidia GPU is enabled. relaunch the game and see if it works if not... then it could be another issue and just follow the same steps to enable your intel graphics card. Hope this helps i was breaking my head for awhile till thought to check to see if its using the right graphics card!!! It worked for me im using Nvidia RTX2060.

• Niralim-Yave
    2 posts

Yea i think it worked found it there thx a million

• Bloodgrip
    3 posts

From what i could find, the minimum requirement was GTX 960. I also have this problem with 2x GTX Titan SLI. witch is wierd since Titan was a later release than 960..
    I want money back if this dont get fixed, but cant find any way to do this either, customer support is [censored] .....rly unhappy with this Ubisoft!!!!

• Bloodgrip
    3 posts

got my titans activated. but still not working. found out that they are running at Requires GPU with DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12_0) support. witch apparantly Titans only have Future lvl 11_0......
    tho i find it wierd, since the minimum requirement was GTX 960....

• Battle_Ruler
    2 posts

It works on PS4 and not with a 1050Ti? Really? How much more info can the FL12_0 add to the actual gaming experience?

As per their videos they have been working about three years on this project. Most probably three years ago FL12_0 did not exist to take into account. Couldn't they think when they added it later that a lot of the players will not be able to support this? In most of the videos they show game played in consoles. So they felt "safe" that it was working and forgot about all about PC users? To me eyes they did this on purpose having info from console manufacturers in order to push players to buy more consoles instead of PCs. I cannot believe that they thought that PC users will be just ok. Crappy job indeed. Moves like this lead to the end of PC gaming. Let's go back to the Pacman age.

• bootneck89
    1 posts

I have a 2080 super and the game constantly crashes, yet another example of dev's releasing broken games and shiting all over the fans. At least CDPR have the decency to delay their game.

• jernejrobic
    1 posts

Same here. Game Valhalla does not start .. 'Unable to init. graphic system. GPU does not support DX12'
    I have GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti , 5 G RAM, directX12 FL 11_0 installed, last nv drivers updated

I also sent my case to ubisoft supprt .. so far no reply.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 429 posts

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to run the game.

Judging from your Spec you should at least be able to run the game on Low settings.

Can you contact our team on our website and provide them with your MSinfo and DXDiag files, so we can take a closer look?

Official Response
  • FROST1095
    3 posts

@jernejrobic
    I don't think they're gonna refund anyone. Technically speaking, Ubisoft was clear about the directX 12 fl12_0 requirements (in reality not really but that's another matter), so legally, they're safe 😢

• Zoopels
    17 posts

@ubi-swaggins this isn't going to help if the GPU doesn't support DX12, which some Titans don't. Which is what the OP said in the comment made 2 hours before yours. 😉

• orduluaslan
    6 posts

only thing you can do right now is play this game with geforce now. And it's better to play with geforce now because your game experience will be way better than your current set up. I tested yesterday and it works well with custom high settings. i didn't have a problem playing either. so rather than finding a solution play it with geforce now if your internet is good.

• MeLmo0
    3 posts

I have the same problem... My gpu is a 1070 and i have alredy installed dx12. I reinstalled nvdia drivers, intel drivers and the game. I dont know what to do 😞
    My cpu is an i5-4440, I know it is lower than the minimun, but the thing it says when the game cant start is that my gpu does not support dx12.
    Help pls, i really want to play this game xd.

• sanmongol
    6 posts

Here's what they answered in NVIDIA support

Good afternoon! Please tell me my GeForce GTX 760 video card supports DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12_0) or not? I can't start the game gives the error " Unable to initialize graphics system. GPU does not support DX12"
    Chat started
    Olya
    Hello, Alex
    Welcome to NVIDIA customer support.
    My name is Olya and I will be happy to help you.
    Good question. Wait a minute...
    Yes, supports directx 12
    Do not tell me then why it gives an error like this? Is this the problem itself in the game?
    Olya
    And what game are we talking about?
    ASSASSIN's CREED VALHALLA
    Olya
    And other games give such an error?
    no
    Olya
    Then the problem is in the game. Write to the developers.

• x0Z3ro0x
    15 posts

All that agent did was look at the card specs and see DX 12 support. Further investigation shows that the GeForce GTX 760 is originally a DX11 only card on release. It wasn't until later that a update was pushed to force the card to support DX12. This forced support could very well be the cause. Point is, that agent has no clue what is causing the error. They took a stab in the dark all because their screen told them the card supported DX12. I wouldn't hold their word as final.

It's very possible this is an issue with the game, it's also entirely possible that the cards experiencing this issue are simply old and the updates used to force DX 12 support are failing. DX12 released in 2015, AC Valhalla is a leading edge game in 2020, it's only natural they use the best DX version they can. With DX 12 Ultimate right around the corner, it's only going to get more advanced. As gamers we need to remember gaming isn't a right, it's a privilege. One that requires constant upkeep and yes, upgrades. If staying relevant every 5+ years isn't something you can afford to do, than gaming on the latest games isn't something you can afford to do either.

I hope everyone gets their games working. Who knows, maybe ubisoft can figure out a way to add support for older cards that can still chug along.

Suggested Topics