Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Le-Bad
    1 posts

@bloodgrip I had the same issue and i got mine to work .... here's what i did... go into control panel > device settings >display adapters> right click on intel and disable> make sure you have intel graphics card disabled and check to see that nvidia GPU is enabled. relaunch the game and see if it works if not... then it could be another issue and just follow the same steps to enable your intel graphics card. Hope this helps i was breaking my head for awhile till thought to check to see if its using the right graphics card!!! It worked for me im using Nvidia RTX2060.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts
    Best Answer

Hello everyone! Please accept my apologies for the delayed response. I'd like to provide a few answers to questions that have been posted here in this thread, and hopefully clear up any misunderstandings regarding the system requirements. I have merged several threads together here to form this megathread, so I do apologise if prior conversations from the separate threads appear a little disjointed in this bigger thread now!

Firstly, I'd like to reiterate that DirectX 12 is a minimum requirement for Assassin's Creed Valhalla - DirectX 11 and any previous DirectX versions are not supported. In addition to this, feature Level 12_0 support is required for compatible GPUs, and we specified this in our announcement / news article here. If your GPU supports DirectX 12, but does not have Feature Level 12_0 support, you will be unable to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla as your GPU does not meet the minimum requirements for the game. If you are unsure how to determine whether your GPU supports Feature Level 12_0, you can find this out by running a DXDIAG report, visiting the "Display 1" tab in the pop-up window and under "drivers", find the line "Feature Levels", which should list all supported Feature Levels. Please make sure that, if you're a laptop user, you're utilising your dedicated GPU and not your integrated one as well!

If your GPU supports DirectX 12, has Feature Level 12_0 support, and meets our system requirements / high-end system requirements (as appropriate for the performance you want to achieve) - and you still receive the "Non-DX12 Video Card" error - please make sure to run through our basic PC troubleshooting, ensuring that you have the latest drivers for your GPU installed and the latest OS for your PC in particular. If issues should still persist after that, I would encourage you to contact us in a support case or Live Chat for us to investigate further with you and fully analyse the DXDIAG report you already ran, and your MSINFO report as well. Please attach these documents to your case using these instructions. We will consider any refund requests submitted on the basis of not meeting the requirements for the game on a case-by-case basis.

I do not know of any plans to add support for the game on Feature Level 11_1 or under as the requirement for 12_0 support was stated prior to the game's release, however I will communicate all of the feedback and comments shared in this thread with the developers for them to consider it. Please do not rely on this support being implemented however, as I cannot promise that it will be. If you would like to share any additional feedback, you are welcome to do so in this very thread. 🙂

TL;DR: DirectX 12 is a minimum requirement; Feature Level 12_0 support is a minimum requirement; if you're still receiving the "Non-DX12 Video Card" error despite your GPU fully meeting our minimum system requirements and having completed our PC troubleshooting, please reach out to us in a support case or Live Chat for further assistance with your MSINFO and DXDIAG files attached! No plans to add Feature Level 11_1 or below support that I know of, but I've forwarded all feedback left in this thread to the devs for their consideration. Refund requests submitted for not meeting the minimum requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Thank you for reading, and have a great rest of your week. 😄

Official Response
  • Niralim-Yave
    2 posts

Yea i think it worked found it there thx a million

• Bloodgrip
    3 posts

From what i could find, the minimum requirement was GTX 960. I also have this problem with 2x GTX Titan SLI. witch is wierd since Titan was a later release than 960..
    I want money back if this dont get fixed, but cant find any way to do this either, customer support is [censored] .....rly unhappy with this Ubisoft!!!!

• Bloodgrip
    3 posts

got my titans activated. but still not working. found out that they are running at Requires GPU with DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12_0) support. witch apparantly Titans only have Future lvl 11_0......
    tho i find it wierd, since the minimum requirement was GTX 960....

• Battle_Ruler
    2 posts

It works on PS4 and not with a 1050Ti? Really? How much more info can the FL12_0 add to the actual gaming experience?

As per their videos they have been working about three years on this project. Most probably three years ago FL12_0 did not exist to take into account. Couldn't they think when they added it later that a lot of the players will not be able to support this? In most of the videos they show game played in consoles. So they felt "safe" that it was working and forgot about all about PC users? To me eyes they did this on purpose having info from console manufacturers in order to push players to buy more consoles instead of PCs. I cannot believe that they thought that PC users will be just ok. Crappy job indeed. Moves like this lead to the end of PC gaming. Let's go back to the Pacman age.

• bootneck89
    1 posts

I have a 2080 super and the game constantly crashes, yet another example of dev's releasing broken games and shiting all over the fans. At least CDPR have the decency to delay their game.

• jernejrobic
    1 posts

Same here. Game Valhalla does not start .. 'Unable to init. graphic system. GPU does not support DX12'
    I have GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti , 5 G RAM, directX12 FL 11_0 installed, last nv drivers updated

I also sent my case to ubisoft supprt .. so far no reply.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 420 posts

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to run the game.

Judging from your Spec you should at least be able to run the game on Low settings.

Can you contact our team on our website and provide them with your MSinfo and DXDiag files, so we can take a closer look?

Official Response
  • FROST1095
    3 posts

@jernejrobic
    I don't think they're gonna refund anyone. Technically speaking, Ubisoft was clear about the directX 12 fl12_0 requirements (in reality not really but that's another matter), so legally, they're safe 😢

• Zoopels
    3 posts

@ubi-swaggins this isn't going to help if the GPU doesn't support DX12, which some Titans don't. Which is what the OP said in the comment made 2 hours before yours. 😉

• orduluaslan
    6 posts

only thing you can do right now is play this game with geforce now. And it's better to play with geforce now because your game experience will be way better than your current set up. I tested yesterday and it works well with custom high settings. i didn't have a problem playing either. so rather than finding a solution play it with geforce now if your internet is good.

• MeLmo0
    3 posts

I have the same problem... My gpu is a 1070 and i have alredy installed dx12. I reinstalled nvdia drivers, intel drivers and the game. I dont know what to do 😞
    My cpu is an i5-4440, I know it is lower than the minimun, but the thing it says when the game cant start is that my gpu does not support dx12.
    Help pls, i really want to play this game xd.

• sanmongol
    6 posts

Here's what they answered in NVIDIA support

Good afternoon! Please tell me my GeForce GTX 760 video card supports DirectX 12 (Feature Level 12_0) or not? I can't start the game gives the error " Unable to initialize graphics system. GPU does not support DX12"
    Chat started
    Olya
    Hello, Alex
    Welcome to NVIDIA customer support.
    My name is Olya and I will be happy to help you.
    Good question. Wait a minute...
    Yes, supports directx 12
    Do not tell me then why it gives an error like this? Is this the problem itself in the game?
    Olya
    And what game are we talking about?
    ASSASSIN's CREED VALHALLA
    Olya
    And other games give such an error?
    no
    Olya
    Then the problem is in the game. Write to the developers.

• x0Z3ro0x
    15 posts

All that agent did was look at the card specs and see DX 12 support. Further investigation shows that the GeForce GTX 760 is originally a DX11 only card on release. It wasn't until later that a update was pushed to force the card to support DX12. This forced support could very well be the cause. Point is, that agent has no clue what is causing the error. They took a stab in the dark all because their screen told them the card supported DX12. I wouldn't hold their word as final.

It's very possible this is an issue with the game, it's also entirely possible that the cards experiencing this issue are simply old and the updates used to force DX 12 support are failing. DX12 released in 2015, AC Valhalla is a leading edge game in 2020, it's only natural they use the best DX version they can. With DX 12 Ultimate right around the corner, it's only going to get more advanced. As gamers we need to remember gaming isn't a right, it's a privilege. One that requires constant upkeep and yes, upgrades. If staying relevant every 5+ years isn't something you can afford to do, than gaming on the latest games isn't something you can afford to do either.

I hope everyone gets their games working. Who knows, maybe ubisoft can figure out a way to add support for older cards that can still chug along.

• x0Z3ro0x
    15 posts

@x0z3ro0x Edit: I would also like to add that seeing DX 12 does not mean your card supports it. Many cards claim DX12 support but then can only run up to DX12(11.0) or DX12(11.1). This is NOT the latest DX12. The latest DX 12 you need to run the game is DX12(12_0). You can find this out by any number of tools but I recommend just using the built in dxdiag. If you find yourself on DX12 with 11.1 and under, you are NOT DX12 and your game will fail to start.

• mjr713
    1 posts

It is bizarre my game kept crashing when it was starting so I updated the nvidea drivers and now it wont even start and I am getting this same message. GTX 960M

• Skodri5
    2 posts

Hello everyone

I have the same problem with DX12 issue. I requested for a refund but Ubisoft infromed me that my request is not eligible. I guess this is because it has been a pre-order. Well i have a game that i cant' play and i don't understand why i can't take my money back. I can't understand also the difference between the refund policy of pre-orders and orders. Anyway its very sad, but life goes on. The only thing that is going to stop is me buying again games from Ubisoft.

• nalfylatino
    2 posts

@skodri5 Just try not to pre-order, its very easy to get hyped up since Ubisoft tend to advertise their games quite well. I already know that Ubisoft has an awful track record for PC ports/versions. This game is no different. The only choice I had was to lock the framerate to 30fps and its very smooth now (and everything is on Ultra at 4K, using an RTX 3080). I thought DX12 would revolutionise these games and the performance aspect but instead both this and WatchDogs are turds.

• JamesPyle
    6 posts

@skodri5 If they refuse mine I will do a CC chargeback..not paying for a game that is unplayable.

• Parasfm
    2 posts
    find yourself on DX12 with 11.1 and under, you are NOT DX12 and your game will fail t

ok but how do you explain that mine supports 12_0 and 12_1 and still doesnt open ? and no problems on playing watch dogs legion soo sad.

undefined

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics