Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LostManAbroad
    7 posts

@cell1e You are right there. The amount of times I have killed an enemy and from their voice I realized that I was fighting a woman so I went back to look at the corpses. I have yet to find one that is actually female. Ubisoft were so lazy with this game.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@lostmanabroad

Lol-well that's one to laugh over anyway, shame we cant take their clothes off like in Skyrim and just check out below in case the saxons do have bearded women fighting for them. 😂

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

Basically whats going on there is that there's a glitch where female warriors have male voices, and some male warriors have female voices.
    Also, most of the females don't have any cleavage, so that doesn't help there case.

In any case, female warriors for Saxons is incredibly inaccurate, except in the case of the Order members, because that is already fiction so who's to say what the Order's view on women is?

Shieldmaidens are historically accurate, and albeit, there weren't as many as what Ubisoft depicts.
    Most women were treated like property in Viking culture, unless they were a Shieldmaiden, then they were equal to men for the most part.
    The title of Shieldmaiden had to be earned in blood of someone else, it was never granted.

Any women fighting in combat is in Viking Culture is going to be a Shieldmaiden, more often than not.
    Randvi is a shieldmaiden for example, she wouldn't be in charge of the map table otherwise.

Ubisoft I noticed tends to make the female warriors look more manly, which is also probably accurate.

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@ehllfhire1
    Maybe, I feel like this game doesn't do that though.

I can definitely feel that some of the people behind the game have that mindset without a shadow of a doubt, however, this game is definitely far more non-political than their previous titles.

Give them credit where credit is due please, because if we don't, they'll just double down on what they think is right.

• Haggy51
    38 posts

Click-bait troll topic ... why did I even fall for that?

Have seen & killed a bunch of female warriors, with a flying head or two. This is a non-issue, IMHO.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@haggy51
    I think people just can't tell the difference between the females and males honestly

• TORFINR
    351 posts
    @vvrathh I'm not sure 'equality of beheading' is something I was particularly looking out for.

It's a concept the French tested between 1789 and 1794 with more or less success 👹

• SeanC.87
    20 posts

@ultimatepowa
    shield maidens are not historically accurate...this myth has been debated many times check out Viking historical professor Judith jesch she’s written many books on the history of females during the Viking era

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@seanc-87
    Its debated, her words are not fact.

There were historical accounts from Saxons that even the Danish women were fighting alongside the Danes.

• SeanC.87
    20 posts
    @seanc-87
    Its debated, her words are not fact.

There were historical accounts from Saxons that even the Danish women were fighting alongside the Danes.

Can you show me?

• SeanC.87
    20 posts

@ultimatepowa of course your going to have danish/Norse pretty much all Scandinavian females fighting because that’s what their religion calls for....unlike saxons Christianity....but the idea of females who dedicated their lives to raiding party’s “shield-maidens” just wasn’t a thing females where just not built for war in that era.....I mean you might get one or two because not all humans are created equal....

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@seanc-87
    They didn't dedicate their lives to fighting, it was about status.

And one of the main reasons raiding parties liked to include female warriors is for the same reason the Israeli military uses hot women for recruitment, it inspires people to join.

Kind of off topic here from the OPs main point though.

• SeanC.87
    20 posts

@ultimatepowa
    encourage people to join????? And what status.....females didn’t attribute to their society that way so being a furious battle warrior wasn’t a thing for a female and You didn’t join raiding party’s you were killled fked or sold as slaves that is all only your tribe joined raiding party’s idk what fantasy story’s you have been reading and yes this is very on topic to op because iall Ubisoft is doing is romanticizing the idea of females warriors when they didn’t exist

• Elearon
    42 posts

@vvrathh Honsetly, I feel like the most disturbing part of this is that you're so hung up on your fears of 'wokeness' that you've been paying special attention to the gender of those beheaded. There's a point at which you become the parody and the problem - take a step back and breath.

• TORFINR
    351 posts
    @ultimatepowa
    shield maidens are not historically accurate...this myth has been debated many times check out Viking historical professor Judith jesch she’s written many books on the history of females during the Viking era

My bet is that they were not as many of them than the Vikings serie want us to believe, but they did exist. Several references to them in Arab, Frankish and Byzantine sources (the dudes were shocked by their presence and felt the urge to write about these "female warriors" )

• TORFINR
    351 posts

There are few historical attestations that Viking Age women took part in warfare. The Byzantine historian John Skylitzes records that women fought in battle when Sviatoslav I of Kiev attacked the Byzantines in Bulgaria in 971. When the Varangians (not to be confused with the Byzantine Varangian Guard) had suffered a devastating defeat in the Siege of Dorostolon, the victors were stunned to discover armed women among the fallen warriors.

When Leif Erikson's pregnant half-sister Freydís Eiríksdóttir was in Vinland, she is reported to have taken up a sword and, bare-breasted, scared away the attacking Skrælings. The fight is recounted in the Greenland saga, which does not explicitly refer to Freydís as a shield-maiden.

Saxo Grammaticus reported that shield-maidens fought on the side of the Danes at the Battle of Brávellir in the year 750:
    "Now out of the town of Sle, under the captains Hetha (Heid) and Wisna, with Hakon Cut-cheek came Tummi the Sailmaker. On these captains, who had the bodies of women, nature bestowed the souls of men. Webiorg was also inspired with the same spirit, and was attended by Bo (Bui) Bramason and Brat the Jute, thirsting for war."

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield-maiden

• SpiritpPotato
    11 posts

Woof. This is your big complaint? You must be fun at parties.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@torfinr
    Thank you.

• SpiritpPotato
    11 posts

Also showing a deep misunderstanding of what sexism is here.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics