Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vVrathh
    Original poster 4 posts

So Ubisoft added female characters and female NPC combatants. That's perfectly fine, good on them. However. What isn't fine is that apparently it's ok for male NPC combatants to be killed in the most brutal ways with decapitations in executions. But female NPC's are apparently off limits. The exact same executions and head stays on. What signal is this Ubisoft? Should I be ashamed to be a man? Are men less valuable than women?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SofaJockey
    169 posts

@vvrathh Can't say I'd noticed. I'm not sure 'equality of beheading' is something I was particularly looking out for. Why is this a particular need for you? 🙄

• vVrathh
    Original poster 4 posts

@sofajockey Well when Ubisoft is doing their damndest for equality, why not this? It's hypocrisy. Why should it be fine for male dismemberment, but female is off limits? It means one thing, ubisoft considers one gender less equal to the other. And there's no doubt it's males in this instance. If they're going to pretend to be woke, they gotta do it right.

• SofaJockey
    169 posts

@vvrathh ok... seems a bit of a 'so what' issue to me. Why get bent out of shape about it?

• balthazar0210
    3 posts

@sofajockey because feminists have been throwing yelling contests for about a decade now about exactly that, that’s why we have these ridiculous discussions.

• LostManAbroad
    7 posts

@balthazar0210 I am afraid I have to side with Sofa_Jockey on this one. I also don't agree with sexism towards males but you don't sound like a person who is fighting for equality, you sound like a person who is actively searching for something to be annoyed about. This is definitely an argument that is of such little importance that I am actually surprised I bothered to waste enough of my time to write this reply.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

A little of topic but in a similar subject....I did notice in some npc groups there'd be a lot of female voices and being the curious type and wanting to check out their hairstyles (not happy with Eivors) I went up and peered into each of the npc's faces to see which of them was the female voice I heard, each time I only found males and couldnt find the female talking.(Unless some of them gals have grown beards) Ive done this a few times because Im interested in hairstyles and how the female soldiers are wearing theirs. Most times it males with womans voices which is really funny. Not to say there arent any female warriors at least I know there are the shield maidens like Eivor.

• LostManAbroad
    7 posts

@cell1e You are right there. The amount of times I have killed an enemy and from their voice I realized that I was fighting a woman so I went back to look at the corpses. I have yet to find one that is actually female. Ubisoft were so lazy with this game.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@lostmanabroad

Lol-well that's one to laugh over anyway, shame we cant take their clothes off like in Skyrim and just check out below in case the saxons do have bearded women fighting for them. 😂

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

Basically whats going on there is that there's a glitch where female warriors have male voices, and some male warriors have female voices.
    Also, most of the females don't have any cleavage, so that doesn't help there case.

In any case, female warriors for Saxons is incredibly inaccurate, except in the case of the Order members, because that is already fiction so who's to say what the Order's view on women is?

Shieldmaidens are historically accurate, and albeit, there weren't as many as what Ubisoft depicts.
    Most women were treated like property in Viking culture, unless they were a Shieldmaiden, then they were equal to men for the most part.
    The title of Shieldmaiden had to be earned in blood of someone else, it was never granted.

Any women fighting in combat is in Viking Culture is going to be a Shieldmaiden, more often than not.
    Randvi is a shieldmaiden for example, she wouldn't be in charge of the map table otherwise.

Ubisoft I noticed tends to make the female warriors look more manly, which is also probably accurate.

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@ehllfhire1
    Maybe, I feel like this game doesn't do that though.

I can definitely feel that some of the people behind the game have that mindset without a shadow of a doubt, however, this game is definitely far more non-political than their previous titles.

Give them credit where credit is due please, because if we don't, they'll just double down on what they think is right.

• Haggy51
    38 posts

Click-bait troll topic ... why did I even fall for that?

Have seen & killed a bunch of female warriors, with a flying head or two. This is a non-issue, IMHO.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@haggy51
    I think people just can't tell the difference between the females and males honestly

• TORFINR
    331 posts
    @vvrathh I'm not sure 'equality of beheading' is something I was particularly looking out for.

It's a concept the French tested between 1789 and 1794 with more or less success 👹

• SeanC.87
    20 posts

@ultimatepowa
    shield maidens are not historically accurate...this myth has been debated many times check out Viking historical professor Judith jesch she’s written many books on the history of females during the Viking era

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@seanc-87
    Its debated, her words are not fact.

There were historical accounts from Saxons that even the Danish women were fighting alongside the Danes.

• SeanC.87
    20 posts
    @seanc-87
    Its debated, her words are not fact.

There were historical accounts from Saxons that even the Danish women were fighting alongside the Danes.

Can you show me?

• SeanC.87
    20 posts

@ultimatepowa of course your going to have danish/Norse pretty much all Scandinavian females fighting because that’s what their religion calls for....unlike saxons Christianity....but the idea of females who dedicated their lives to raiding party’s “shield-maidens” just wasn’t a thing females where just not built for war in that era.....I mean you might get one or two because not all humans are created equal....

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@seanc-87
    They didn't dedicate their lives to fighting, it was about status.

And one of the main reasons raiding parties liked to include female warriors is for the same reason the Israeli military uses hot women for recruitment, it inspires people to join.

Kind of off topic here from the OPs main point though.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics