ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SeanC.87
    20 posts

@ultimatepowa
    encourage people to join????? And what status.....females didn’t attribute to their society that way so being a furious battle warrior wasn’t a thing for a female and You didn’t join raiding party’s you were killled fked or sold as slaves that is all only your tribe joined raiding party’s idk what fantasy story’s you have been reading and yes this is very on topic to op because iall Ubisoft is doing is romanticizing the idea of females warriors when they didn’t exist

• Elearon
    42 posts

@vvrathh Honsetly, I feel like the most disturbing part of this is that you're so hung up on your fears of 'wokeness' that you've been paying special attention to the gender of those beheaded. There's a point at which you become the parody and the problem - take a step back and breath.

• TORFINR
    376 posts
    @ultimatepowa
    shield maidens are not historically accurate...this myth has been debated many times check out Viking historical professor Judith jesch she’s written many books on the history of females during the Viking era

My bet is that they were not as many of them than the Vikings serie want us to believe, but they did exist. Several references to them in Arab, Frankish and Byzantine sources (the dudes were shocked by their presence and felt the urge to write about these "female warriors" )

• TORFINR
    376 posts

There are few historical attestations that Viking Age women took part in warfare. The Byzantine historian John Skylitzes records that women fought in battle when Sviatoslav I of Kiev attacked the Byzantines in Bulgaria in 971. When the Varangians (not to be confused with the Byzantine Varangian Guard) had suffered a devastating defeat in the Siege of Dorostolon, the victors were stunned to discover armed women among the fallen warriors.

When Leif Erikson's pregnant half-sister Freydís Eiríksdóttir was in Vinland, she is reported to have taken up a sword and, bare-breasted, scared away the attacking Skrælings. The fight is recounted in the Greenland saga, which does not explicitly refer to Freydís as a shield-maiden.

Saxo Grammaticus reported that shield-maidens fought on the side of the Danes at the Battle of Brávellir in the year 750:
    "Now out of the town of Sle, under the captains Hetha (Heid) and Wisna, with Hakon Cut-cheek came Tummi the Sailmaker. On these captains, who had the bodies of women, nature bestowed the souls of men. Webiorg was also inspired with the same spirit, and was attended by Bo (Bui) Bramason and Brat the Jute, thirsting for war."

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield-maiden: (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shield-maiden)

• SpiritpPotato
    11 posts

Woof. This is your big complaint? You must be fun at parties.

• UltimatePowa
    61 posts

@torfinr
    Thank you.

• SpiritpPotato
    11 posts

Also showing a deep misunderstanding of what sexism is here.

• PsycBear
    5 posts

@sofajockey yeah I'm with you here, this seems like a non issue the games has a lot of bugs and issues to be bothered by female characters not being decapitated. Would it not be easier to think that maybe they were a bit to lazy to animate the same execution on both female and male npc so they just did one.

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • LUCIEN_AUS
    11 posts

Yesterday I beheaded and two leg dismembered a female Viking.
    Not sure if it was meant to happen but I was surprised it allowed it to happen to a female.
    Not saying I disagree with it, I was glad for equal rights/opportunity Lol

• PsycBear
    5 posts

@vvrathh wait so let me get this right. The game allows for you to choose your gender, with the right choices to allows for you to form your entire raider team of only women. Their is an implied open homosexual relationship of two high state officials, one of which is a God fearing Christian... In the 800!. Their are teleporting witches coming at you with their [censored] out. And I'm pretty sure if you choose female eivor, the games implies that Odin was a woman.

Yet after all that, you are complaining that women aren't getting decapitated, or impaled in the chest with swords...

At this points why do games even try, is impossible to please you people.

• MangyBasterd
    12 posts

I've had the animations play for both men and women, so you're wrong. Special enemies are rarely women in the game. Most of the yellow-bar enemies are men, and those enemies have the most brutal kill animations. I've definitely dismembered both though.

You are just looking for things to complain about, and it's pretty telling that this what you chose.

• Gamebent
    26 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Mac-70-
    19 posts

@balthazar0210

Yep i love running into feminists in reality, and treating them equally, you can actually see the rage building in them.

Back to topic, in my opinion if they are going to be in a game as soldiers they should be treated the same as their male counterparts.

• Omgilovesteak
    33 posts

@psycbear It is an issue to the OP because if it were the other way around there would be lawsuits.

• Patricia81994
    113 posts
    So sexism is ok only when it's towards males?

Of course it is. 😜 😝

• Netspook
    329 posts
    @seanc-87
    And one of the main reasons raiding parties liked to include female warriors is for the same reason the Israeli military uses hot women for recruitment, it inspires people to join.

Recruitment?

Military service in Israel is mandatory for both males and females. Only Arabs have a general exception.

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts

@seanc-87 wow you need to look up viking history because you are just plain wrong.

• SeanC.87
    20 posts

@ehllfhire1 how am I wrong....the only time you hear of “shieldmaidens” is in sagas which are fantasy story’s....females didn’t fight in wars they did not go on raids....it’s been disputed many times but screw my collage education that primarily focuses on Viking history.....

• Kalika421
    2 posts

@sofajockey Because he's probably some "equal rights" edgelord 🙄

Suggested Topics