Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vVrathh
    Original poster 4 posts

I have a raging feeling Ubisoft seriously [censored] up. Not only is my bearded Eivor being referred to as "her" left and right, but either every male is gay, or the game is thinking my character is female.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

This game feels as though they skipped the QA period completely. So many SIMPLE bugs. UI constantly breaks (I have a permanent ! on my Abilities UI because an ability is somehow glitched and the game thinks it's new, I've had the top menu bar be stuck in the middle of the screen, the bow aiming reticle gets stuck displaying when not aiming sometimes, tooltips and other info panels get stuck open on the screen after you close menus, etc etc), sounds and music will stop playing at all sometimes (sometimes 6-7 NPCs will all be shouting the exact same sound over and over in sync with each other on loop, sound effects entirely cut out occasionally indoors, some music gets stuck on loop permanently until closing the game, etc), getting stuck on objects in the environment happens regularly (the "falling forever" glitch), some enemies have absurd tracking on their attacks, chain assassinations almost never work, stealth is extremely hit or miss, certain "solid objects" (like curtains on doors) block your line of sight but enemies see through them as if they weren't there, the list literally never ends.

• Chevy_man2010
    83 posts

I've noticed this too. Its ridiculous. Horse is glitchy when trying to jump things too. Entire game is glitchy. Wondering how it got out the door like this.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@valtyrnine

I played Odyssy from release and it was a much more polished and complete experience, I hadnt played the other Assasins titels from release so I can only compare to Odysssy. I blame the publishers putting too much pressure on the development team.

• El_Mattiaso
    55 posts

I've also noticed a couple of weird bugs. Most if them I could stomach. Like my axe disapperearing in the middle of a fight and I was using only the shield for some reason. the axe reappeared when I used an ability. The sound disappear every now and then, but comes back if your press square. I managed a workaround for the Seer's solace bug. But this morning I discovered I had lost 15 hours of gameplay coz the game doesn't save properly. My save files were simpy gone. Thing is, last night my gf wanted to try it out, so I saved my progress in "Manual Save 3". She played for an ahour and a half and we saved her progress in "Manual Save 4". She started a new game. This morning when I started the game all my save files were gone, even all the autosaves. "Manual Save 3" was now her save and "Manual Save 4" had vanished. The only save I had left was a save from november 11th and I had played like 5 hours. I've lost several days of gameplay. Great fun.

I'm nervous about playing this game. A game should be an enjoyment, not a cause of stress and frustration. This game is riddled with bugs and is not finished. I cannot fathom how this game got the green light for release. I will not play this game for quite some time and I will not recommend it to anyone.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

@cell1e Unity has typically been considered to be the AC game with the worst launch due to bugs and it had a bad reputation for quite a long time. This one is actually worse, somehow. Far more bugs. I am enjoying this one more because of the setting generally, but it's a struggle to stay positive with it.

• Etny2k
    16 posts

@chevy_man2010 I have had the time of my life playing this game. Played Origins and Odyssey on release. I play on a 10700k and 2080 super. I have 70h since launch and any bug I came across was so small it didn't even matter. The experience of the world has been so good for me that you guys sound like the usual whine about every little thing crew.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

@etny2k I have 60 hours right now and haven't had a single performance-related hiccup, so quoting specs is meaningless. Every single thing has been straight-up glitches. It's not "whine about every little thing", it's when literally nothing works as it should entirely. You sound like you have a very high tolerance for bugs or just aren't noticing them, or are fanboying on the game too hard to admit it. I've been catching up on a lot of games lately and this one is standing out by far for having the absolute worst technical issues out of any recent game I've played. There are indie games out there with better QA than this. The only explanation I can think of is that they rushed the game out the door to try to compete with Cyberpunk 2077, except that got delayed yet again so they were stuck holding the bag on their rushed release date.

I have video recorded of some bugs even. Like just last night I had the missile return skill glitched so that every time I pressed the parry button it would shoot back an arrow from nowhere. I couldn't parry enemies, but they couldn't hit me during the animation. Which meant I couldn't damage their stamina properly. I had to restart the game because it was stuck like that permanently while I was playing.

• vVrathh
    Original poster 4 posts

@valtyrnine Yeah don't even get me started on other things like that. I have an uncompleteable side mission, because the box simply VANISHED. It was uncompleteable before that even. My horse trolls me every once in a while, where after I call it in, mount it, and it will just go straight left no matter what. I got no control over it. Thank god I am on PC where I quicksave every 30 seconds. On Watch Dogs they didn't let you quicksave so I lost hours upon hours of progress there. At least some things have improved.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

@vvrathh I have also experienced the uncontrollable horse bug. I thought my controller was wigging out but it was the game. I opened the menu to check and everything was fine. Unpaused and horse was still running in totally random directions on its own. I had to jump off of it to make it stop.

The most serious issue for me lately is the one where the aiming reticle gets locked to the center of the screen while Eivor pulls out the bow. You can't look around or aim for a good ~2 seconds or so. It's awful considering how fast most of the enemies move. I was fighting the Gemad-Wolf and it would be jumped literally all the way behind me before I had control of my aim again if I wanted to use the bow. That period of time is enough to end a boss fight on Very Hard because even taking one hit is enough to instantly die.

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@valtyrnine

Oh that bow bug happens to me too quite frequently. I thought it was mouse misbehaving. Good to know its not 🙂

(Just a wee note to Entny2k) The main reason that people are here reporting and discussing these bugs/glitches and or concerns is because they greatly love and enjoy playing the games in this franchise. Its nothing personal and intended in the best interests of a beloved game series. We all want to see this game do well and we all have a lot of money and time invested into it.

It may seem that I am whining when I am reporting issues or problems but for me I really want to see how others feel and if hopefully any developers or powers that be read my posts and can implement some improvements then that's even better. Free time is precious for most of us and I hope people reading this forum can take the criticisms in a constructive manner from players who really do care about this game and future releases.

Of course we wont all agree, many players are very happy with their gameplay so far and Im glad for them. Maybe there are compromises to be considered however and certainly if I was a developer Id be scannign these forums fairly throughly as feedback could be useful when considering where to go next in the way of dlc and expansions. 🙂

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

Here is footage of the "missile reversal bug" for anyone that thinks this game is "a flawless masterpiece with no flaws":

Some bizarre things, the arrows that come out actually do damage and will hit NPCs if you can point them just right. It cancels enemy attack animations completely, doesn't just give you i-frames for the duration of the reversal. The only way to make this stop is to find an enemy NPC with a bow to shoot at you so you can do a "real" reversal to break out of it.

Other glitches, sometimes arrows will get stuck in mid-air as if they've hit an invisible wall. That includes the explosive arrow trap that normally explodes on contact if you shoot an enemy with it, it will just stop in the air floating in place and never explode. Arrows can also curve or miss you completely but still do damage to you.

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@vvrathh Must be woke soy eaters that wrote it. They seem to have big problems when it comes to genders. Because they are incapable of telling male from female they quite cunningly created 64 genders, so if they say he meaning her or she instead of him and you question them over it, then they can make the excuse that it's gender number 27.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics