Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Charlie_v_Braun
    Original poster 20 posts

These are some (I believe small) changes to gameplay I think would improve the experience even more - I will keep this short:

1. Add 1H Longswords - should be a no brainer, no idea why they are not in from the beginning and simply turning 1H designs into 2H kinda ruins immersion to some degree (as far as I am aware in this time period 2H swords were not a thing) - and please do not copy the NPC swords, most of them look too large (actually all swords do, as was the case in Origins, Odyssee did way better - this is not Final Fantasy, is it?)
    2. Would it be possible to not have my crew break off their singing anytime I near a raid location? So far I have not managed to enjoy a whole song or story...have them stop singing once I start a raid or tell them to...
    3. The game let's me customize gameplay on a large scale already, please add the otion to disable finishers, they get boring after a few times and kind of ruin the flow of the fights, I would like to have control over my character - and killing animals, especially wolves, really becomes annoying fast - just add one for the last enemy, should be enough and make them more rewarding.
    4. Movement speed is somewhat weird when following NPCs, maybe this is exclusive to the PC version of the game, but there seem to be too many versions of slow walking, and I do not really understand them. I can adjust my characters walking pace but somehow Eivor still changes speed all the time - wouldn't 3 speeds (walk, run, sprint) be enough with NPC speed matching them during quests?

Hope this feedback is appreciated as much as the game is!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Charlie_v_Braun
    Original poster 20 posts

Oh, I forgot:

While I enjoy the horse riding much more than in the previous games, it makes no sense for the horse to stop sprinting all of a sudden when attacked - shying away from them maybe would (could be an opportunity to offer training towards a war horse at the stables if implemented) - but not just loosing the ability to go fast - honestly this is very annoying, feels like I am dreaming, chasing something and being unable to run...

• Cell1e
    174 posts

@charlie_v_braun

Oh yes I am not liking the finishers either, it does interrupt the flow of the fight and even worse in an assassination sequence when you need to get back in cover real quick.

Also Id love the music to be singing to be louder and able to be listened to when Im exploring as I havent had much time in the boats and I always loved the singing in Odyssy. I sure would like to hear those lovely custom made songs more often than the few seconds im on the boat.

• ValtyrNine
    87 posts

@charlie_v_braun Hopefully enough people are asking for this kind of stuff that change is coming.

My biggest issue with a lot of the weapons is how ridiculous and cartoony they look. The equipment looks like it came out of an MMO and that is not a good thing in your Viking-age period-piece. Like you said, people just simply didn't use two-handed swords in the time period because they served no purpose, and I don't think I've seen an actual Viking sword ONCE in the entire game yet. There's a two-handed sword called a "Carolingian sword" which is synonymous with Viking sword, but it's not a Viking sword at all. They have near-perfect historical replicas and even actual examples to go on when designing weapons and they choose to make a Carolingian sword which is by definition one-handed into a massive two-handed sword with massive grip to match.

Something else I noticed with their cartoon-ish scales and designs were the animals too. It's like whoever created the fish models had never seen those fish in real life before. The "big" perch you catch in the game are EASILY twice the size of the actual largest perch ever caught. The fish in the game are extremely huge for no apparent reason. Just like the bears are way too small conversely. The game has brown bears and polar bears but for some reason they're all the size of black bears. Polar bears are gigantic in real life. Male polar bears can literally weigh as much as a car in real life and should be as tall at the shoulder as Eivor is at the chest at the least.

Finishers have actually gotten me killed more than once because of the enemies that throw/spit fire or poison. They hit you with the fire/poison while you're mid-animation and can't move, then you're just stuck in it when the animation ends. Some enemies also seem to wait for the animation to finish then time an attack so it lands on you as soon as you're out of it too. I've had multiple perfectly time hits from enemies after finishers to the point that it's like it might be programmed.

• Charlie_v_Braun
    Original poster 20 posts

@cell1e

Sound in general seems to be a bit messed up - I mean overall you can tell they pushed this game out early...

One thing concerning finishers and assassinations I don't like is that time slow down, really messes up your reaction and sometimes even ruins the animation I think.

• Charlie_v_Braun
    Original poster 20 posts

@valtyrnine

While I see myself as sort of a history buff who appreciates accuracy I don't really mind the greatswords being there, what I don't like is them being scaled up longswords for some reason. I get that this is a game and entertainment weigh more than historical accuracy. I like that they made axes and shields more prominent, swords of course were never the most important weapons on the battlefield, spears for instance are way more practical, but they are so iconic symbols and fun to use I cannot figure out why they were left out.

By the way, I like that they avoid the word "vikings" for the most part and call them "danes".

• BARRYSCOTT275
    41 posts

@valtyrnine there's a whole chat about 1 handed swords frankly the model have mostly been poor for swords but frankly I'd accept it as a start

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics