Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GothicEnigma
    Original poster 29 posts

This is the first game where I honestly feel like the situation and story is extremely forced... like they tried to slam a square peg into a round hole, and just kept swinging a sledgehammer until it sorta fit..

To make my argument more sound, every Assassins Creed up to Black Flag felt like a legitimate situation. Even Black Flag while it had pirates, open sea raids on ships, etc. the switch between going gung ho and sneaking was fluid, and believable. Having to sneak around the forts, and blend into towns because you were a pirate, felt immersive.

I then took a break from AC to be honest, and I picked it up again in Odyessey. Again, it felt fluid. There were times to go full on Gladiator, and times to sneak and be an assassin. The situations, and moments it happened made sense, and felt immersive. Both story wise, and situational.
    -------------------

Valhalla does not.

I'm given the option to "raid" stuff... But its pretty pointless except the very few Monestaries we're given as targets. I don't feel like a Viking at all.. I feel like a dude who has some friends who like to burn up some huts now and again, and steal from churches, but otherwise they're pretty chill...

My character is pretty chill too, Viking Invader who loves battle, and glory, and oh wait, look! another English peasant to help! well we can't just sit idly by why another English peasant has some pointlessly petty problem I could take care of!

facepalm

Attacking the generally small and utterly pointless "military" encampments is best done solo anyway, as there are so few soldiers, and generally going on foot is faster and easier anyway when you're playing "gotta catch em all" with the colored dots on the map.

Unlike Odyssey where I felt like a Gladiator/Assassin recruit, and in Black Flag I felt like a pirate doing his thing in the Caribbean, I don't in Valhalla. Nothing fits right, or feels right.

----------------------------

Then you got the oddity restrictions.. You can't kill civilians.. Even during raids... you wot m8?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics