Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MorganFreeman_3
    Original poster 1 posts

The game will constantly spawn new enemies when you look away, and despawn then respawn your troops when you are running around. When you realise this the raids go from feeling real and fun to just being what they actually are: a visual specticle that doesn't really exist and is just there to cheat you. Why couldn't they have a set amount of enemies that are in the settlement you raid, and give you a set amount of raiders that can actually die. Have a meter on the UI that shows how many troops they have left and how many you have left. Now there is actual reason to kill enemies. Now I just sprint from treasure to treasure because killing enemies get me pretty much no where. After a while you can empty out a settlement, but there is no reason to.

This also gives you reason to make use of hit and run tactics. Make it so the local castles and settlements will send reinforcements so if you don't hurry up you will get swarmed.

Boom. Now its fun to raid. You go in, fight towards the treasure, then get out when you got it all and leave before they get aid. Make your troops actually retreat when you use the horn instead of just spawning them in when you take command. Now you also have to evaluate if you want to wait for all of them or leave before you get swarmed. Now you have reason to cover their retreat.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GothicEnigma
    29 posts

@morganfreeman_3

Pretty much what I was thinking...

This entire game feels like a rushed pile of dog crap..

They even had the mechanic you suggested in Odyssey...

Then again your suggestion of nearby settlements, and military camps sending aid if it takes too long would add too much complicated mechanics for the typical brain dead individual.

Game developers like to pretend gamers are absolutely [censored], so they can get away with cheesing and half [censored] their games.

• Gravelmead
    62 posts

@morganfreeman_3 This is basically what I do. Just stroll trough the fighting collect the treasure and bugger off. I never pull out my weapon. Fighting is pointless. As you say , raids are a form of virtual signalling without form or substance.

On side note have you watched your axe swings? They look so weird. I think it's because of the speed with very little animation.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

I'd like to have chests/treasures respawn.

• Anas-Odinson
    9 posts

@morganfreeman_3 This is exactly what the raids are lacking, i wanna add something else about the AI it needs some serious work sometimes they just stand there weapon drawn and they start staring at you it's creepy.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics