Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ManfishMcCoy
    Original poster 16 posts

Hey all, I wasn't actually sure if this was a bug or not, but I hope so.
    After playing the game for thirty hours, I was getting frustrated at not being able to hit weakpoints reliably, so I went to practice on a random dude, and I noticed that the camera 'snap' that occurs when drawing the bow during lock on is what's doing me in. The snap is perfect, and I love it, but it locks the camera in place for so long that fine aiming immediately after the snap is impossible. I recorded some footage of the trouble at:

As I mentioned in the description, every time I am aiming I am holding the right stick fully in a direction. You can see reliably that the camera locks to the position it snaps to for almost half a second in some cases, which is kind of a long time. To paraphrase the write-up on the youtube description, it maks it more difficult to hit weak points than it has to be, and not knowing when I'm able to actually aim trains me to overshoot when aiming is free because of the habit of just pulling the stick and hoping it works that's being developed in my muscle memory. Unexpectedly, the problem is far worse when Aim Assist is turned off, because the lock still takes place without aim assist tracking it to my target, locking my aim to a miss if either me or my target is moving - and we usually are. On higher level enemies I've missed entire stun opportunities because the enemy has recovered from my parry/knockback before I can target their weakpoint at all. Or I've taken hits waiting for my aim to be controllable, which can be dangerous on Berserkr and above. It's frustrating to say the least.

The snap is good, I like the snap, but the way it locks my camera in place makes it unwieldy as hell. I'm certain this is unintended for a few reasons - being the way Origins and Odyssey didn't have it that I can remember, no setting or tutorial even vaguely alludes to its inclusion, and conceptually it seems so removed from and counterintuitive to the weak point mechanic and the concept of switching between melee and ranged during combat at large. I just feel that in a combat situation, anyone would want to begin to aim immediately after drawing their bow. I know I do. If this is unintentional, I hope the information and footage I've provided can aim an investigation and attempt to fix. If this is intentional, I will give a confused sigh and ask for an option to reduce the delay between the snap and being able to aim manually.

Worth repeating that I'm using a Nacon Revolution Pro 2 controller, which the game is rightfully detecting as an Xbox 360 controller, and the issue does not exist when playing with keyboard and mouse - the only reason I don't use that set-up is that I can't figure out how to change the target I'm locked onto without killing them or unlocking entirely.

Also, unrelated minor issue I wanted to ask about (spoilers ahead for romance and main quests):
    spoiler

Edited to adjust wording so that the language filter doesn't pick up false positives.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics