ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Synapt
    5 posts

Unfortunately can't edit my original post so guess I gotta make a new comment.

This is seeming far less of a bug and more of an intended (but maybe forgotten?) feature, as I've continued playing and focusing on the missions in Ireland I came across this way more frequently.

This 'bug' literally only seems to occur in relation to missions involving killing specific individuals at a location, ie; individuals that otherwise would glow green or have the little green down marker over their head. I'm assuming this was intended to add a bit of difficulty, or maybe was only intended for higher difficulties but impacts all difficulties, but either which way this seems to occur in a very specific circumstance and as such should probably be easy to figure out and fix if it is a bug, or at least have someone go "Oh I remember making that feature" lol.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey guys!

@CadeMan011 and @Synapt - appreciate your detailed input there. I can see you've put quite a bit of effort into this so do mind that it did not go unnoticed and I will make sure that this gets forwarded to our team accordingly.

In the meantime, if either of you do happen to have any further queries or run into any other difficulties, feel free to drop us a message at any time!

Official Response
  • Synapt
    5 posts

@ubi-karl "Other difficulties" as in other bugs? Only other two I continue to run in is the well known teleporting bug (which usually isn't a big deal but if it happens while you're climbing something you hop-teleport all the way off the world map into death, which sucks if you're mid mission), and an increasing frequency of random game crashes which do not seem to generate any form of log report nor crash reporter prompt so I can only assume it's something dumb (probably like the crappy DRM) causing them. And yes I did file integrity checks, other common recommendations, and yes my hardware is overwhelmingly well past requirements for the game lol.

Edit: Oh and I have the always drunk on load bug as well lol.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Thanks for coming back to us synapt. I, unfortunately, have the always drunk on load bug in my game too, this is something being investigated and we are asking for player videos showing this behaviour on the load of the game and also their save file, after being uploaded to the cloud.

As for the other bugs you have encountered such as teleporting and certain crashes, if you can not recognize any of those issues in our 'reported issues' list, please feel free to make a new thread about those issues and we will investigate this further with you >
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81608/reported-issue-megathread-list-check-here-for-your-issue-updated-8-2-22?lang=en-US

Official Response
  • Synapt
    5 posts

@ubi-milky I'll make a video of the drunk bug when I can, nothing spectacular about it, as soon as you load you're drunk like you did the drinking game and it turns off after a minute or two.

That one would logically seem as simple as there literally being a flag in the save data for drunk being true or false that simply isn't being unset after the effect wears off. That said, I have not done another drinking game since the bug began, so I may attempt that later and see if that resolves it (maybe it'll force the switch in the profile?). Also notable mention is that I believe the bug started after a drinking event (I think during a quest maybe?) in the Ireland world/DLC. Not the main original England zone. I went through most of the Ireland DLC without many reloads (and oddly no crashes like in the England zone), so it didn't really start becoming an annoyance I paid attention to until I was back in England lol.

As for the others, it looks like the teleporting bug is indeed reported already (looks like it's most likely this bug), and for the crash I'll report it and my hardware in the one dedicated post about crashes, unfortunately that's about all I can report though without any log/crash data though, as there does not appear to be any specific pattern to the crashes in the game, sometimes they might be a couple hours apart, sometimes within 15 minutes multiple ones happen, in different areas doing different things.

Edit: No luck on another drinking game fixing the bug, good lord did it take Eivor a while to get over his 6 cups of booze though lol.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Thanks for the reply synapt and for testing what happens after taking part in another drinking game. I think the bug appeared for me after I took part in a drinking game in the same location, after testing a previous exploit reported in this forum and reloading my save, so that I could earn coins a 2nd time at the same location. At least that's when I first noticed the drunk-on-load bug.

To get back to the Odin sight bug, I looked into this and our dev team examined the videos that were submitted and confirmed that not being able to see enemies through a wall, was a deliberate decision in these quests.

Official Response

Suggested Topics