Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AUZI44
    3 posts

Odin’s Sight doesn’t work on enemies or animals. It worked in Norway for the first few hours but hasn’t worked since and I’m 56 hours into England and power level 125. I thought that the last patch from January or this update today (Feb. 16) would change something but I still cannot use Odin’s Sight for enemies or animals. I don’t want a refund and I’m enjoying the game a lot. I have played every Assassin’s Creed since the beginning and this is just a bug that should be fixed if it is supposed to behave in another fashion. I play with no HUD and very stealthy most of the time so I haven’t had to much trouble because of the Odin’s Sight problem. I ended up just playing in a diffI just don’t know how it’s supposed to work, Odin’s Sight does not highlight any enemies in any circumstances.
    (PlayStation 4)

• AUZI44
    3 posts

@ubi-spud Thanks for responding but I’m still having problems with Odin’s Sight. Odin’s Sight doesn’t work on enemies or animals. It worked in Norway for the first few hours but hasn’t worked since and I’m 56-60 hours into England and power level 125-130. I thought that the last patch from January or this update today (Feb. 16) would change something but I still cannot use Odin’s Sight for enemies or animals at any distance. I don’t want a refund and I’m enjoying the game a lot. I have played every Assassin’s Creed since the beginning and this is just a bug that should be fixed if it is supposed to behave in another fashion. I play with no HUD and very stealthy most of the time so I haven’t had to much trouble because of the Odin’s Sight problem. I ended up just playing in a different manner but I just don’t know how it’s supposed to work, Odin’s Sight does not highlight any enemies in any circumstances. I don’t think that this is game breaking because I just love playing and taking my time when I do play.
    (PlayStation 4)

• snowsuslik
    1 posts

@ubikobold Hi, so it's been more than a half year and this bug is still in the game. Am I correct if I say that as far as Ubisoft got its money for game, they won't do a single thing to fix anything?

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 568 posts

Hey there,

Thank you for your update!

This issue is currently still under investigation.

In the mean time if we can help any further just let us know and we will be happy to help

Official Response
  • Cold_Tenderness
    1 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck 10/3/2021, this bug still exists, and will probably (what I really mean is 99% chance) remain unfixed forever.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hello everyone,

We're happy to continue with investigating this issue, however we will need videos of the issue in order to do so, as in the situations that the development team have investigated so far, the extent of Odin's Sight has been working as intended.

If Odin's Sight is not working correctly for you, by failing to highlight animals / enemies within range, please provide a video showing this and confirm the platform that you are playing on so that we can attempt reproduction. We'll keep you all updated with information received from the development team as we receive it.

CC: @Nikko345, @IMORTALITY11, @mogrov3, @TiniMart, @ExothermicBoom, @Kalileus, @de4th01uti0n, @RegL96, @aohk22, @nightangel68, @cagyflounder447, @Clarkjames25, @Draft732, @spradebassen76, @CptStrong, @AUZI44, @snowsuslik, @Cold_Tenderness

Official Response
  • Deal422
    1 posts

This is still happening to me on Xbox Series S… it’s October 2021

• azullFR
    1360 posts

Note :
    there is a cap in the number of ennemies you can highlight, I don't remember if it's 12 or 16 or even 20, but it's something like that.

it's a thing the dev team knows... I guess, but they didn't told us (as usual)
    if someone at Ubi want's to verify : ask the dev team or go to "Anecastre", stay undetected, then do the tests 😉

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 829 posts

Hey,

As Ubi-Woofer mentioned above you, the dev team were unable to reproduce the issue when they tested it, and we haven't been receiving any videos showing the issue still happening on the latest version of the game that we can forward on to them to show the issue.

@Deal422 if you are able to create a clip showing this and upload it somewhere we can view it and forward the link to them, we will be happy to do so.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    1360 posts

@ubi-froggard
    any news about the number cap ?

• Ubi-Froggard

@azullfr I don't have this information either but I'll try to find out for you and update you if I can find out.

Official Response
  • White.Cell
    1 posts

@Ubi-Spud @Ubi-Froggard Here you go. I think this is what they were talking about.

I do have the stealth recon Perk within this video so Odin sight should be active at all times while I'm crouched. I am currently in the Ireland DLC but I've noticed it in the main game as well. Edit: The Quest-related enemies seem to have that issue but I noticed a patrol outside of the area still was visible through Odin Sight. I hope this helps.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1172 posts

Thanks very much for sending across this video, @white-cell - that's most helpful! I've gone ahead and passed it on to our teams to have a closer look at the situation.

Welcome to the forums, and let me know if you've any other thoughts or questions while we look into this 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard

Hey @azullFR

I got a reply back from the game team about if there is a cap on how many it can tag, and the answer from them is that as far as we know, there is no specific cap of how many enemies can be highlighted, but as the highlighting also goes away after a while, it would be quite hard to even figure out.

If you have any videos showing that it does eventually just stop working after tagging a load of enemies in a short period of time, I could forward this on to them to show that maybe there is a cap and ask them to look further into it if you like?

Official Response
  • azullFR
    1360 posts

@ubi-froggard

Great thanks to you for taking the time to search for answers 👍

As far as I remember there are 2 caps :
    time (as said by the team)
    but also
    number (tested with plenty of guards at the same time in a small space at Anecastre : this is where I tested the cap = the new coming guards won't highlight once you've reached the number cap)
    I think I have a video but as this is not very important, but still good to know, at the moment I'm not in the mood to spend a bunch of time searching where it is and managing what is linked to send videos 😓

Maybe one day I will, thanks again to you 🙂

• macamac
    1 posts

Man, still going strong over a year now? Same issue, happened during Rueds questline, thinknthats where most of us are seeing this being as well. East Anglia is where it all began for me, 48 hours before reaching this quest line and worked without issues. Now just get this minor red dot, the same size as the minor gold chest icons in the compass

Suggested Topics