ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/3 Replies/74 Views
    Eidius
    Original poster 1 posts

Let me be the first to say what Ubisoft achieved here in terms of making this game feel like a real RPG especially with its Story, Dialogue lines and animations is very impressive.
    However, the weakest aspect of this game is currently how I can customize my armor.

I only have one choice. Hide or leave it as it is.
    I am also actively encouraged to use a full set or I lose bonuses.

So either I equip the whole thing or I miss an advantage.
    In AC Odyssey I could wear whatever and look however I wanted but that no longer exists.
    The game offers amazing tattoos for my character but virtually every single armor hides them except for one and if you want to play as Lady Eivor then prepare yourself for lots of clipping. I am of course talking about the paid DLC Berserker armor.

Some might say well just hide your chest armor and leave the rest! Ok fine. But the problem is almost all the detail in the armor is in the torso. The Boots which includes the pants lack detail, especially the pants because most of the time no matter what you wear just looks like a simple cheap leather pants.
    All the belts, horns, dagger sheaths and etc... that are seen on the armor come from the Torso piece. Hide the torso and you lose everything.

There is not that much armor/gear in the game either, sure the upgrades look impressive but why does the customization options seem so bare boned... I am not mad that there are barely a dozen armor sets in the game (paid DLC included) what I am upset about is this lack of quantity has translated very little in terms of quality. Why can't I customize? Why can't I be bare chested but leave the belts on?
    Why is there no menu screen that I can toggle different parts of the raven torso armor to make it look like how I want it? I mean there aren't that many armor options for me to play around with so at least let me customize the few I get.
    For example what if I want the torso armor but cut off at the sleeves so I can show off my tats?
    Why am I forced to choose between everything or absolutely nothing? Will there be a patch? Please tell me there is a fix for all this because right now I can't bring myself to play the game until some new piece of content arrives that has the armor look I am looking for... hopefully it won't include any clipping.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• topeira1980
    63 posts

Completely agree.

The entire gear system in ACV is a huge step back from ACOD and even other AC games like ACO or AC:Unity.

First of all - there is just too few armors in the game, period. Also, there seem to be far less weapons than in ACOD or ACO or so many other games. looks like there are less than 8 weapons of each class. these are not complicated animated models like in a shooter. those are static meshes.

And armors are too rare, too few and the improvements they allow are not.... impressive or fun. Armors couldd have decent bonuses when worn NOT as a set and better bonuses when wore AS a set, but also negatives to make their playingstyle more diverse, so an armor that gives a lot of protection makes stealth harder, or an armor that make attacks stronger but make you more fragile, or an armor that gives great protection against melee but is ieasily penetrateable by enemy arrows etc.

Also, if there are SO few armor sets, why not give us the option to die them in different color schemes like in AC:Unity or have different colored\textured versions like in AC:Origins?

The whole gear system in ACV feels bare boned and cheap.

I an NOT against MTX as a whole. I think that if a game gives you enough of something than charging extra for a little more is OK - If you buy food at a restaurant and get a sizeable meal, it's OK if the super-size costs extra. but if the basic meal is tiny and it pushes you to super size it - that's where its being nasty and menipulative.
    I did NOT care that ACOD had a lot of MTX because the game was generous with how many different weapons it gave me, and each weapon had various color schemes. same as any piece of armor.
    But ACV feels soooooo cheeeeaaaaaap in this regard. It just gives way too little and allows you to do very little with it. and then has the audacity to charge for MTX that should have been a part of the game to begin with. Not because every MTX item should be in a game, but because this particular game has very little gear content.

P.S - does anyone know if I can revert a look of a piece of gear to how it looked when it wasn't upgraded?

• Apocalypse1126
    4 posts

100% agree with this and I want to add that it really bothers me that in no way does the trading system in this game tell me anything about what I'm spending my money on. No previews for tattoos or new weapons, no stats displayed for weapons and in the case of bows not even what type of bow it is. No previews for settlement or longship cosmetics and none for hairstyles either. What the hell Ubisoft? I'm wasting all my silver buying things I haven't even used once purely based on a brief, witty description of it.

I've been playing for about 38 hours so far and if I'm being totally honest, in the state that it is now I'm a bit embarrassed that I paid $130 for this game. I really hope Ubisoft strives to improve this game over the coming months.

Suggested Topics