Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@robwhill08 Thank you for reporting this to us.

We are aware of this issue occurring, with Fish in the Ocean or at the Coast and the AC team are currently looking into this.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2265 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • sathonys
    1 posts

So i have been trying to complete the fishing hut, river fish no problem
    when it coems to sea fish, aka off the coast, they disappear after i shoot thefirst one with the bow after that all fish in the area are completly gone untill i go back to a rivers exit into thesea then go back out and the same thing happens , i shoot with the bow i hit , the dead fish disappears alongside with every living fish in view till i go back int othe rivers exit, makes the fishing hut tasks extremly painfull if not impossible to do 😕

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

Come on Ubisoft. Fix this! And doing wait a month to release another patch.

• SashaEm
    6 posts

@ubi-swaggins The fact that this isn't on the Known or Reported issues list is crazy to me. There are a dozen threads reporting similar issues, and more on Reddit. I know there is a lot to look into but flat out ignoring us is not OK.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@pjc1506 Big mackeral does at the town in Rejaskve area. Its random, however they're by the piers if they spawn.

• FreqEteQ
    4 posts

On the latest 1.0.4 patch, Xbox One X.

Today coastal fish started despawning and respawning, inland fish in lakes and rivers are not affected by this bug. When I travel to a coastal fishing location and if I use my sight when I first arrive I will see the fish but they will immediately disappear. If I cast my line into the empty water where the fish used to be my character will still say the fishing voice lines like "look at all those delicious fish".

If I leave my line in the empty water the fish will respawn eventually, this appears to be totally random it's happened after 30 seconds, 3 minutes, 5 minutes and sometimes I've given up waiting it's taking so long. Once they respawn it's just a matter of time until they despawn again, sometimes I've managed to catch 2 fish in a row without them despawning, but most of the time they will despawn the moment my line hits the water after catching my first fish.

I also notice that when they respawn my fishing line will start looking glitchy but only when I have the camera looking from directly behind and above my character, it kind of looks like it's rubberbanding and only does this when the fish respawn.

I've tried playing offline, loading up old save files, nothing seems to fix this bug which is weird because last night when I was playing everything was working fine, Folcanstan was the last location I unlocked before the bug appeared.

• FreqEteQ
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rosen22
    2 posts

Needs fixing. Why wasnt this addressed in first patch.

• Calkebab110
    4 posts

I also have this issue. There are just no fish on the coasts. I verified my game files (reinstalled the game) and fished for a few minutes after that and then all the fish de-spawned and cannot be found again!

It is strange that so many people reported this bug but it is not on the known issues or under investigation issues lists updated on 1/12

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

so after i spent alomst 1 h in game.. i was able to find that the fish in coastal sea are spawning on sunrise and sometimes on sunset, and just on good weather, no fog, but i wasnt able to catch any big flatfish, small sturgeon or big mackarel in norway. 🙂 and they spawn for o short period of time, like 2 min in real life.

• Calkebab110
    4 posts

@calkebab110 Adding to this bug some more issues with fish: a) When catching big fish the animation that shows the fist is there but Eivor's hands are empty. b) the fish swim normally but when they bite and you are hauling then in they lie on their sides and stay stuck that way.

• Balla_Jazzuz
    100 posts

@calkebab110 b) the fish swim normally but when they bite and you are hauling then in they lie on their sides and stay stuck that way.
    Yeah, but only the small and regular sizes swims normal before catching them, the big ones always swim sideways before and after catching them in my experience on PS4.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • andychelsea420
    20 posts

@yuri-22 I found the small sturgeon upriver from rouecistre blockade. there is a jetty on the same side as the blockade where you can get a small boat and the small sturgeon are on the opposite side a little bit further upriver next to a small beach. and in a river at least these shouldn`t vanish! all I have to find now are big flatfish and big mackerel. good luck undefined

• plochol
    21 posts

@dragonsnuts I can confirm that, coastal fish doesn't seem to spawn, I sailed in small boat entire southern coast, found only 3 small Flounders somewhere in Suthsexe, on the eastern side i found some fish too but before i took out my fishing line they were gone. Currently I'm looking for a Bream which supposed to be in Folcanstan and after fast travel Odin's Sight show me some fishes below the docks but they disappear before I can even try to fish them.

This is a bit sad and disappointing... I just want to get some fishies for that boy... 😞
    Is it at least confirmed as known issue?

• Illwyna
    9 posts

How is this not on the reported issues post when so many people are complaining about it? Like someone else said, I know there's a lot to fix but at least acknowledge the issue. Anyone who plays this game can easily see that ocean fishing in England is broken and certain fish cant be found because of it. So frustrating.

• RedeyeJedi3
    6 posts

I’m having these same issues also. In the coast and oceans, no fish. Then when I do manage to hook a Bream or flatfish that’s a regular or big size (unsure), the fish just keeps swimming circles around the small boat while hooked. I can’t seem to land any of them. Spent 30 minutes with a flatfish on the line and nothing. Finally gave up.

• Hhhhhharrie
    9 posts

@redeyejedi3
    Use your bow and then jump into the water to loot the dead fish. I've found it's much more efficient than the crappy fishing line.

• RedeyeJedi3
    6 posts

@hhhhhharrie In most of my years of software testing, I think I’ve narrowed the spawn issue down to just too much other random garbage in the area. If they were to lower the count of all these useless seagulls that spawn in the coasts and ocean, it may fix the issue.
    I would bow and arrow them, if they would freaking spawn.

• urdnax
    7 posts

@dlmthree I am having the same problems as you. Most annoying is the fish despawining on the coasts of Wessex, can't finish the fish deliveries with this.
    Besides that, I have never seen big mackerel or big flat fish.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics