Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@lypitiern300 Thank you for contacting us.

We are aware of this issue with Fish not spawning on the Coast and the in the Sea. This is currently being worked on by the AC Team.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1402 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • PatrykGrzech
    6 posts

Yesterday I wanted to finish quests for fishing hut but can't because this bug. Please fix it... still exists

• Ariiz
    1 posts

Same issue on PS5. Ocean Fish in Norway disappear after about 2 minutes and ocean fish in England disappear about 2 seconds after fast travel arrival.

• kieron.stokes
    13 posts

Same issue (xbox), big Flatfish and big Mackerel just don't exist in the game either.

• kieron.stokes
    13 posts

@liveatlast91 so is big Flatfish

• BootlessOpossum
    6 posts

Update:

I was able to get all but the Big Flatfish and Big Mackerel. From what I can tell they don't actually spawn in the console versions at the moment.

• Tvv1zt1d
    1 posts

Same problem on PS5.

• Ubi-Baron

Hi all,

We are aware of the issues with Costal fish and this is being looked into by the AC Team at the moment.

Apologies for any frustration this causes in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Calkebab110
    4 posts

@ubi-baron thank you for the reply!

• Ubi-Baron

Hi all,

This is an issue that we are looking into at the moment.

Unfortunately Fish do not seems to be correctly spawning in the Sea or on the Coast

Official Response
  • ladaza
    1 posts

same problem here, searching for bream, but there are just 100+ seagulls and no fish in the sea, please add this to known issues, last trophy for platinum 😞 😞

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@ladaza
    Bream (small and regular) will spawn on the north and east sides of the tiny island next to the isle of wight.

Bream (small and regular) will also spawn, though not appear in Odin sight, on the coast just to the west of folstanton in Kent (dock fast travel coast) . See the YouTube All fish locations vid - big sturgeon timestamp for the proper spot as have to be pretty close and calm seas to catch there.
    Whilst folstanton dock itself used to be reliable for all sizes of bream, since the patch they despawn immediately. The line kept breaking trying to catch the big one prior to the patch. However it was guaranteed to spawn right by the docks and beach when you fast travelled in.

• Evolve_Shadow
    2 posts

@jcar4327 I only need the big Mackerel now.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@evolve_shadow Where did you find the Big Flatfish?

• Budular2020
    6 posts

Having the exact same problem, walked along the coast and went in a boat out in the sea for about 15 mins up and down the coast and didn't see a single fish.

• UbiT00n
    Community Representative 70 posts

@evolve_shadow Is there any area in particular in England that this is happening to you?
    Do you have any videos or screenshots ?
    This sounds worth raising.
    Thank you

Official Response
  • SammiiDS
    4 posts

@ubit00n there’s suppose to be coastal fish in England? I didn’t get to any coastal areas till after the recent patch.

• sicplagu3
    30 posts

Same Problem here. Run along the coast, but no fish.

Other Problem is that some fish simply not or extremely rarely spawn. Trout, perch or catfish for example are everywhere. But some other fish like allis shad or hake for example are so hard to get. I mean, this is not a fishing simulation. I dont want to spent hours on hours just to get this damn swortfish challange and an achievement. Its even hard to recognize what fish is in front of you even if one use odin sight.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@sicplagu3
    If you want Hake then head to the outpost in the top left corner of the map and fish off the jetty there. Just dont let your longship in close as things will be a pain otherwise.

• JCar4327
    599 posts

@ubit00n There have been multiple threads discussing this issue; so, I would have thought this was already brought to the attention of the devs. This issue occurs EVERYWHERE on the COAST. The only places I have found it not to occur is in Northern East Anglia where there are several small islands that stop the waves from coming in. Basically what happens is if the water is even a little bit choppy it causes the fish to despawn as if it is during bad weather. What also occurs is that if you have a fish on the line when the despawn occurs the fish becomes unresponsive to be reeled in. I have two videos that show this happening, but when I try to add them I get a message saying I do not have enough privlages to complete this action.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics