Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • FireForkTS
    11 posts

I've given up on using the fishing line (far too slow and annoying of a process). It's easier to just go bow hunting for fish... or shallow water and use your weapons with auto-loot ability.

However, I'm having a problem where big fish are falling through the world. You see them get hit with the arrow... the blood dot appears on the water... and the body and damage text just falls straight down and is unable to be looted. Seeing as these are the rarer fish, this is really frustrating. It's probably between one half and one third of the big fish that seem to be falling through the world this way. They should rise to the surface of the water... not fall. This mechanic seems a little broken, but only for big fish. They are also showing up as swimming on their side... but that just makes them easier to spot. They still jump and swim around normally though.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • FireForkTS
    11 posts

Per coastal fishing; It seems like if you step back onto land (maybe kill a seal while you're there)... then the fish will reappear. The fish don't appear everywhere... instead it's just clusters in specific areas.

• monkey36948
    3 posts

Is there at least a work around for this? I'm only missing a few fish and a bugged witch from having the platnium. Also could this get added to the bug report sticky?

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@monkey36948
    For the trophy it doesn't matter what the size of the fish is. So if you follow the youtube video "good Catch" you'll have it in no time. Which fish are you missing?

• MercifulMoose
    2 posts

Why has this still not been reported as a known issue/bug? This is a real thing. Fishes in coastal waters/ocean literally de-spawn right in front of you.

Fix please.

• RietN7
    11 posts

@ejg2125 The longer they postpone the fix, the longer people need to keep playing the game while waiting to catch a few last fish and be done with the game.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

I finally got a reply from support about this bug, this is some of what they said today "We've received reports of players unable to catch fish in the ocean.
    The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it. Once additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum" . So hopefully there will be a fix on the way soon!!!

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

I finally got a reply from support about this bug, this is some of what they said today "We've received reports of players unable to catch fish in the ocean.
    The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it. Once additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the game's official forum" . So hopefully there will be a fix on the way soon!!!

• SHIKARI-1997
    1 posts

Fish won't spawn in the ocean, only in inlets. This is making it impossible to catch the large versions of most ocean dwelling fish.

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

Still an issue FYI. Waiting for the next patch with my fingers crossed.
    On the plus side, fish randomly started to animate again and the big ones are no longer invisible.

• ImaginaryRuins
    363 posts

Sometimes even meditating consecutively cannot get the fish in coastal areas to spawn.

and near the southern-most dock in Cent, that sea area can have lots of fish (Bream and Sturgeon) but they also de-spawn very quickly.

• boo-yah1907
    140 posts

@andychelsea420 whats there to investigate i wonder... just look at player reports, cases and forum

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@shikari-1997
    Known bug though support has been silent other than acknowledging it. There are only 2 english coastal fish and 1 norway fish that you cant catch at the moment. Odin sight seems to cause the problems at the coast so use Eivor's comments about fish "the water is boiling" etc. If you follow these vids, you should find what you need:

Fish Locations

Big Fish Guide

• Illwyna
    9 posts

How is this still not on the reported bugs/issues threads? *Sigh*

• Illwyna
    9 posts

@boo-yah1907 Its code for "this game was released way before it was ready. so while we know fishing is a problem, the numerous game stopping bugs and glitches need to be fixed so we can focus on selling more copies of the game and helix credits before Christmas."

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

Well it's not in the new patch. If you want some free outfits and settlement stuff go register for it via the main site. Its only for today 14/12/2020

• sicplagu3
    30 posts

Well, at least we will not see any fish laying on its side during the fishing animation. Thank the gods. 😰😁

• Kalmarth
    5 posts

@temp95014 the fish only spawn around the docks and at the mouth of rivers, the rest of the coastline is barren, the arrow this seems to be a universal problem

• Kalmarth
    5 posts

@andychelsea420 having the same problem, tons of fish one second then all of them vanish the next, its make fishing harder than fighting the bosses in the game

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

Apparently this won't be fixed in this patch:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/news-updates/7adnHZYiIKWGI9U9rhBwfv/assassins-creed-valhalla-title-update-110

I still hope that it magically fixes itself but it might be 2021 for platinum.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics