Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • ImaginaryRuins
    363 posts

Sometimes even meditating consecutively cannot get the fish in coastal areas to spawn.

and near the southern-most dock in Cent, that sea area can have lots of fish (Bream and Sturgeon) but they also de-spawn very quickly.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    140 posts

@andychelsea420 whats there to investigate i wonder... just look at player reports, cases and forum

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@shikari-1997
    Known bug though support has been silent other than acknowledging it. There are only 2 english coastal fish and 1 norway fish that you cant catch at the moment. Odin sight seems to cause the problems at the coast so use Eivor's comments about fish "the water is boiling" etc. If you follow these vids, you should find what you need:

Fish Locations

Big Fish Guide

• Illwyna
    9 posts

How is this still not on the reported bugs/issues threads? *Sigh*

• Illwyna
    9 posts

@boo-yah1907 Its code for "this game was released way before it was ready. so while we know fishing is a problem, the numerous game stopping bugs and glitches need to be fixed so we can focus on selling more copies of the game and helix credits before Christmas."

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

Well it's not in the new patch. If you want some free outfits and settlement stuff go register for it via the main site. Its only for today 14/12/2020

• sicplagu3
    30 posts

Well, at least we will not see any fish laying on its side during the fishing animation. Thank the gods. 😰😁

• Kalmarth
    5 posts

@temp95014 the fish only spawn around the docks and at the mouth of rivers, the rest of the coastline is barren, the arrow this seems to be a universal problem

• Kalmarth
    5 posts

@andychelsea420 having the same problem, tons of fish one second then all of them vanish the next, its make fishing harder than fighting the bosses in the game

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

Apparently this won't be fixed in this patch:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/assassins-creed/valhalla/news-updates/7adnHZYiIKWGI9U9rhBwfv/assassins-creed-valhalla-title-update-110

I still hope that it magically fixes itself but it might be 2021 for platinum.

• FoldedThree161
    1 posts

Hey tryna get the trophy Good Catch using guides for locations of the fish Bream I arrive to the location scan the area, see the fish and then when I take the fishing gear out they literally disappear and won’t respawn! Anyone else discovered this and if so any fixes?

• Durwin52
    11 posts

Just because it isn't in the patch notes doesn't mean they will not fix it. Stealth patches are common now a days, Game companies like to keep embarrassing problems like this under wraps and "stealth" patch it. They just don't want to own up to putting such an embarrassing bug in the game at launch because it essentially proves the game was rushed. Think about it.... how easy would it have been to catch this in testing? Since it slipped though anyway it's proof that they either didn't test the game prior to release, or their testing was shoddy at best.... who would want to own up to that? I have a feeling there will be a stealth patch.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

its getting ridiculous that they cant fix this. also getting ridiculous is the amount of time it's taking between patches. A month come on ubisoft get your thumb out. This should be being patched every few days with the volume of bugs that are in it.

• Durwin52
    11 posts

I always wait a couple of weeks after release before buying a game in the hopes that they'll patch the early issues that crop up. That has worked these last few years or so but as bugs get more and more common in games and developers get lazier and lazier with patching them... I think I'm going to tweak that strategy to buying games after a couple of months after release. It sucks to wait, but it sucks worse fighting through the bugs and losing all sense of enjoyment in the game because of them.

• Zikat1
    3 posts

@caspeer_costel

Very small chance fish might be considered "objects" for this line:

• Addressed various object or texture placement issues.

• Rough-95
    2 posts

Got the same Issue...

• sicplagu3
    30 posts

@zikat1

Just tested it with v1.1.0. Fish at the coast just disapear or simlpy doesn't show up. 😞

• Durwin52
    11 posts

I just want everyone to understand the magnitude of what Ubisoft did, because people seem to be giving companies the benefit of the doubt and letting these kind of things slide over and over. First off, they either willingly released the game with a feature they knew wasn't working, or they simply failed to test this game at all because there is no way this would have been missed in testing.... it effects every player and completely breaks a key aspect of the game. Despite all that they released the game anyway, think about that ON TOP of all the crazy mystery bugs that shipped with the game.

There is no way I'm buying an Ubisoft game on release anymore knowing these facts. I mean come on ... they WILLINGLY released a game despite a key feature not working, then FAILED to tell anyone that the feature was broken.... I'm assuming it's still not on the known issues. Now think about all that lost time you spent looking for those coastal fish, and realize that if Ubi had been up front about the issue you would have known not to waste those hours. This is the biggest slap in the face I've seen from a company in awhile I'll say that.

• boo-yah1907
    140 posts

@sicplagu3 yes what a bs of an update with a size more than 5 gb. fish still disappear stil no big flatfish or big mackerel, also duplicate downgrade items still in the inventory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Durwin52
    11 posts

If I take anything away from this situation it's that I now know not to buy any of the DLC until WELL after it's released. If the main game was this buggy and rushed out anyway, you can certainly expect the DLC to be as well. This makes me so happy that I didn't buy the season pass *whew*

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics