Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Durwin52
    11 posts

I just want everyone to understand the magnitude of what Ubisoft did, because people seem to be giving companies the benefit of the doubt and letting these kind of things slide over and over. First off, they either willingly released the game with a feature they knew wasn't working, or they simply failed to test this game at all because there is no way this would have been missed in testing.... it effects every player and completely breaks a key aspect of the game. Despite all that they released the game anyway, think about that ON TOP of all the crazy mystery bugs that shipped with the game.

There is no way I'm buying an Ubisoft game on release anymore knowing these facts. I mean come on ... they WILLINGLY released a game despite a key feature not working, then FAILED to tell anyone that the feature was broken.... I'm assuming it's still not on the known issues. Now think about all that lost time you spent looking for those coastal fish, and realize that if Ubi had been up front about the issue you would have known not to waste those hours. This is the biggest slap in the face I've seen from a company in awhile I'll say that.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1451 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    140 posts

@sicplagu3 yes what a bs of an update with a size more than 5 gb. fish still disappear stil no big flatfish or big mackerel, also duplicate downgrade items still in the inventory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Durwin52
    11 posts

If I take anything away from this situation it's that I now know not to buy any of the DLC until WELL after it's released. If the main game was this buggy and rushed out anyway, you can certainly expect the DLC to be as well. This makes me so happy that I didn't buy the season pass *whew*

• Kormac67
    520 posts

@durwin52 Getting all fish is not a key feature in the game. Relax a bit, there are way worse unpatched bugs in the game. Like the Halloween cloak.

• Durwin52
    11 posts

Not a key feature? They have a fishing shack in your settlement ... that shack requires fish that cannot be obtained, fishing itself is a key feature, one that they touted I'd add, and I argue that if you can't fish every fish you need it's broken.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@durwin52
    Still not fixed with the current patch (1.1 or 2.0 as it says on ps4). This is plain ridiculous now.

• ImaginaryRuins
    363 posts

@kormac67 Finishing all the fishing missions in the fishing shack actually rewards a melee weapon, which is tied to a Ubisoft Connect challenge. Right now, this weapon is close to unobtainable because two of the big fish do not spawn at all. So it has to be addressed.

• Rough-95
    2 posts

Today was a update (1.1.0), the fishing bugg is still not fixed.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

Fish still vanishing on Xbox one after todays patch 😞 Support did say that the devs are investigating the problem and a youtuber MrReign said he has had emails from Ubisoft saying that they are looking into it. so they must fix it soon!!!!

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

The issue still persists on both Playstation 4 and 5 versions of the game...

• Alexandru27p
    18 posts

I've posted about the fish problem 7 days ago and still nothing. The exploits for money, ingots, etc. are more important to resolve in a single player game, rather than problems who affect progressing in game.
    I hoped this update will let me finish some quest but .....

• Zikat1
    3 posts

@andychelsea420 I have found that fishing in river deltas can sometimes let you fish for ocean fish, and also fishing in coastal harbors works since it's apparently not considered "open coast", but the moment you go an inch out of the harbor there are no fish. Haven't tried after today's 1.10 patch. Has anybody checked it?

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@zikat1
    Yep when to folstanton where you used to be able to get bream semi easily. Still broken
    Tried the isle of wight too. The same.

• Warraxxe
    2 posts

ive noticed the same thing. If the currents are still then the fish will spawn. Its nearly impossible to fish off the coast. And when large schools do appear when i cast my line they despawn. Its extremely frustrating considering this is the last trophy i need. I traveled up and down the coast searching all areas and not a single fish would appear but theres a bazzilion birds..

• boo-yah1907
    140 posts

@andychelsea420 soon?! they had more then 10 studios working on it and more then 2 years as time. I am not as hopeful as you are.

• emreneec
    2 posts

@Ubi-Baron thanks for the reply! Could we please get this added to the known issues list?

• monkey36948
    3 posts

@jsrg1840 Haddock "Located off the coasts of East Anglia, Eurvicscire, and Lincolnscire."
    Cod "Located off the coasts of East Anglia, Cent, and Essexe."
    Halibut "Located off the coasts of Grantebridge, Euvicsire, East Anglia, and Lincolnscire."
    Haddock "Located off the coasts of East Anglia, Eurvicscire, and Lincolnscire."

since those 4 are only in the ocean and ocean fish won't spawn i'm fairly certain they're unobtainable

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

@ubi-swaggins Hello there. What needs to happen in order to get this bug added to the known errors or main bug tracker? Checked both threads and there is no mention of fishing issues.

• BXSYDR
    1 posts

Same here, I literally only need the bream to complete the trophy and get platinum, they de-spawn every time or just don’t spawn at all, but stupid making a trophy for it when fishing doesn’t work properly

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@monkey36948
    They're easily obtainable. Heck big Cod you can get for the fishing hut trophy from small chests. I cant remember where it was however I got 5 from one particular hut.

I've the "good catch" trophy on ps4 base console and I am only waiting on 4 known bugged big fish - bream, eel. flatfish, and mackerel to get the swordfish challenge on ubisoft connect. The trophy is independent of the fish's size so you can easily get it. Small cod and haddock you can get off the settlement docks for some strange reason.

Hallibut if you go to the east anglia northern coast dock and fish around there you'll get it easy enough. Just go to the mouths of the various estuaries rather than the coast itself for your best chances. As I said in prior post follow the "good catch" guide on youtube and you'll be finished in no time as the locations given are correct for all. That includes coastal fish. Just dont use odin sight there as it makes them despawn. The sea has to be calm - no white water to catch at the coast at the moment.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics