Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

no fisht at all , not in england, not in norway, can t find them to trade at fisherman.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2235 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Sytev
    7 posts

I've spent most of the day doing some pretty intensive testing, and it appears that there is a major issue (may be Working as Intended, but is likely not) regarding fishing in ocean/coastal areas.

It appears that either fish, or waves, can exist in any body of water at one time. In effect, this means that in areas where waves can form, there are extremely narrow windows of opportunity to fish, when the weather is perfectly clear and still.

In "brackish" estuary areas, like the Humber, the Wash, and to a limited extent, the Thames estuary, you can find some, limited, coastal spawns in all weathers. If the weather is not perfect, these fish will despawn if they cross the barrier to the area where waves can spawn. This is particularly frustrating if it occurs while a fish is hooked, as it leaves you in a Schrodinger's fish situation - the fish is hooked, but not spawned in, and so cannot be reeled in.

This is simple to test and replicate - simply look at the horizon as you punt a small boat out of a river, while spamming Odin's Sight - you'll see fish around you until the waves spawn in, and the fish vanish.

While loading into a coastal region (Fast Travel to Folkestone is a great example, as it is teeming with fish) can show fish spawning on arrival, the wave mechanics spawning in a few seconds later immediately despawn the fish. For those wishing to emulate the great Dane King Cnut (yes, I know he was about 100 years after Eivor), you can sneak up on the coast and get similar effects as the game realises it has to load the weather/waves.

The reason weather is clearly involved is, well, obvious! If you luck out, and the weather is a perfect, balmy, doldrum, where the see is completely still, the fish spawn, and you can fish away to your heart's content... until British Weather happens, and a single cloud scares them all away, as the waves build up.

The behaviour when this happens is what makes me suspect that this is not WAI - the waves and fish co-exist for longer when the weather changes that when you surprise the sea, and it doesn't appear to cause any issues.

• Gryma-
    25 posts

@sytev That's just a major issue. I dont think we need to "wait" to get a great spawn, because they spawn automaticly when you arrived on a coast (like in Norway, the game consider all the water is a coast, so... Imagine.). I missing only 2 fish actually for the fishing house : Big Mackerel (in Norway) and Big flatflish. And actually, i cant find them because of that.

• OmegaGamma
    13 posts

Yes...fishing is bugged and not working properly. I was on the sea coast and couldnt catch not one fish!

• Vindilator
    8 posts

So i just went to norway to farm fish and for some reason no fish appear, or rather when i tp from one place to another the fish appear in odins sight for a brief second then they disappear, triggering odins sight again doesnt show them anywhere, tried to fast kill some and when i try to loot it disappears.

Also having issues with finding off coast fish like flatfish bream haddock etc, are they not supposed to show in odins sight? (im using bow to fish so thats why i wonder)

• Ribbheden
    3 posts

I have the exakt same issue. Everytime I fast travel to for example Folcanstan all of the fishes despawns after 1 second or two,
    This is quite unfortunately since I cant progress the fishing hut rewards untill its fixed.

• Tengarnos
    1 posts

Same couldnt find a damn cod in over 1 hr of searching the coasts. Fishing atm is just a pain and far away from being anyway near something you could call funlike. I just wanted to get the damn rune for the "special" slots but now I am so much discouraged to try ever again. Why dont we simply can buy them with silver insteat being locked behind some boring and bad made side"quests" (same goes for hunting. Why the f*** are things like fox pelts random?)

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

@tengarnos if you don t see it in the first 10 seconds then you can look whatever you want they won t spawn. I realoaded several times, fast traveled , meditate and sometimes i got them like 3 seconds than dissapeared.. specialy the fish on the sea.

• sneak_NiNja808
    1 posts

I have been trying to locate fish in Norway, and they aren’t spawning into the game. I have spent many hours walking the coast and meditating trying to get fish to show up. I also tried to hard reset the game. Please help me out.

• Sytev
    7 posts

Any chance of an official word on this?

• travik
    1 posts

I have the same issue. Mostly for the coast areas. Only thing that works for me is saving the game close to the ocean then go to the title screen reload the save. If I then directly jump in the water before doing anything else they generally stay until you get out of the water then they disappear again.

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

@travik i manage to get some fishing if i start within the rivers close to the coast, and go out, but not so far because they dissapear:) . this game is very bugged.

• JamesLogan491
    77 posts

I have the same problem.

• JamesLogan491
    77 posts

I really hope Ubisoft will acknowledge this. Fishing in coastal areas is impossible for me. Either fish won't spawn, or spawn for a few seconds and the moment a wave shows up they despawn.

• John_Wick117
    6 posts

@vindilator Have the same issue completed main story now i am just going around completing different things i missed or skipped like fishing.
    And i have had the same exact thing first time i use Odins sight i can see fish and after that no fish and same goes for out on a boat out at sea small row boat type boat.

No issues in England with the odins sight and fish finding them with the ability but norway they disappear after that first one and no fish will bite the hook so to speak.

• Sam_Boo26
    146 posts

I haven't finished the main story yet, but I also have a hard time finding fish. I use Odin vision, but it happens really often that there's no fish, or I manage to catch one and after that they're all gone.

• uacct19
    1 posts

After fast traveling to a coastal port, I will see fish all over. I'll use Odin's Sight to see them all and once it fades, all the fish disappear. Doesn't happen inland, just all coast towns and spots. Mediating won't bring them back, exiting the game and reloading wont bring them back, saving outside town and walking back doesn't work, waiting on different weather types doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem or a work around? I have this problem in England as well as Norway. Pretty much impossible to turn in many of the fishing requests as is.

• KoalaInstincts
    1 posts

I’ve been having the same issue. I’m assuming if you’re not on next gen consoles then you’re going to have this issue. I’m still on the Xbox one and I keep having the same issues.@uacct19

• K_JAY1219
    2 posts

This is so annoying. I want to clear the fishing hut quest. But that freaking big flat fish and big markerel never never appear.

I'm so worried about it because this is minor contents so Ubisoft might ignore this one.

This issue is Sooooo Critical. But they didn't even write it on the known issue list.

Ubi, will you give a little thing about fishing?

• K_JAY1219
    2 posts

THIS ISSUE NEEDS TO BE ON THE KNOWN ISSUE.

When you try fishing on the sea or near the coastline.

All the fish just disappear in 2seconds.
    But fish in the river is OK.
    I think there is a glitch with big flat fish. Go to Cent AND ESSEX.
    THERE IS NO FISH AT ALL.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics