Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

@ UbiExcellent @foggy2dm That is NOT a fix!! You still don't have Big Flatfish nor Big Mackerel, nor Big Eel!!! Shame on @UbiExcellent for not even knowing the difference after 3 months of this garbage.

For the record since people still don't know, you ONLY need one of EACH fish for achievement. NOT one of each size!! ALSO, you can use an arrow to kill them. You do NOT need to use the fishing line to get all of them. I rarely used the line and got the ach. to pop up after arrow kills. Probably a bug like everything else. Fix the game already. Add the damned things to reda's shop or put them in loot boxes. Disable the bad weather. Something. This 1-2 months per patch release is 100% total garbage. Should be hotfixing this nonsense with utmost priority.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Durwin52
    11 posts

Look man, this is common behavior for Devs. Keep saying they are working on the issue until eventually everyone beats the game and moves on. They have no intention of fixing this, that should be obvious by now. Just remember this on the next AC release and think twice about pre-ordering or buying that season pass. If you show your disapproval with your wallet, THAT they will listen to.

• TheeElf
    178 posts

@durwin52 Well now that the 1.1.1 title update is fixing nearly all of the major story line bugs, the devs can shift priorities to start working some of these side quest issues. A lot of people really don't understand the effort it takes for research and re-produce issues, review code to find out why the behavior is the way it is and the associated underlying conditions causing the behavior, developing a fix, testing the fix so that not only the intended fix works, but you don't end up breaking more stuff. Not every developer works on EVERY area. Some have specialties or are more familiar with some areas than others. I get you're frustrated but they just pushed out another major update within 30 days of the last one and with more content on the way they aren't going to leave an in-game mission impossible to complete. It will be fixed in time.

• Durwin52
    11 posts

Should I be impressed? What would have really impressed me was a game that launched without dozens of bugs to begin with. Unfortunately, that appears to be to much to ask for now a days. Now your telling us, "you should be happy if the game is in full working order within .... hmmm .. you can give us three months right?" ...No, I'm not impressed.

• TheeElf
    178 posts

@durwin52 I'm not saying you should be impressed at all. Yes there was a lot of story line bugs and more than there should have been for a released game. That's all something the development team will take a hard look at in an after action review meeting to figure out why it happened. There's nothing that's going to change that now. All we can do is support the development team by providing the detail the need especially in cases where exact reproduction steps can be done. A 30-day patch timeline is exactly what I was thinking would have happened and it was exactly that. Now we as the players test out the fixes to make sure they really are fixed and if they aren't then we provide constructive feedback to the team so they can re-look if needed. You can probably bet you'll see another title update around Feb 15th but probably not any sooner than that unless there is a catastrophic break.

Ultimately nothing is ever released without bugs. Even with big companies like Microsoft, there are always updates to fix and improve things.

• Durwin52
    11 posts

OR!!, and I know this is dramatic, but maybe... just maybe!!!, we should think twice about that pre-order and season pass on the next game. If enough people show their disapproval at the state of the previous game with their wallets, it may actually get a message across. Extreme I know but ... *shrug*

• TheeElf
    178 posts

@durwin52 You're right. That's your choice but you could end up with something like Cyberpunk instead. I was highly looking forward to that game but delay, delay, delay and I was thinking they are really fine-polishing it for release. It released and what a mess. Now lawsuits, game being pulled from online stores and the amount of bugs and graphical issues is astronomical even when they were given more time. The grass isn't always greener on the other side but regardless, if I purchase a game I will help the support team doing whatever I can as a gamer to provide constructive feedback so things can be improved for all both for the current game and future games. Either way. I hope our fish fix isn't too far down the list of priorities since it affects an in-game mission and an Ubisoft Connect mission.

• Durwin52
    11 posts

Your train of thought rings a bit hollow for me... seems like you are trying to make a false equivalency with Cyberpunk ... I thought we were talking about Ubi... not CDPR. Anyway I can honestly say that any bug fixes put out after the majority of the player base has completed the game is a failure, plain and simple. It's a failure for CDPR and it's a failure for Ubi, and when people come out and try to forgive failings, well that's counter productive isn't it? We have a right to feel disappointed and we have a right to voice that disappointment on the next release, which I fully intend on doing.

• Ratchit66
    12 posts

I’m still sat with one fish left to find before I platinum the game. Keep checking the forums and websites for any sign of update just so I can catch this 1 fish! I’ve tried everything that people have been suggesting on here with no luck. 130+ hours and 1 fish keeping me from platinum! Very annoying and frustrating but here’s hoping they’re actually looking into it.
    recently been playing Immortals: Fenyx Rising also on PS5 and it plays perfectly. Blags my brain how they can make such a perfect performance game such as this Immortals at launch yet Assassin’s Creed they fail to do. For anyone reading this highly recommend Immortals!
    but yeah let’s hope for this update!

• violence1337
    8 posts

Did they fix the fish spawns in the new patch or completely ignore that?

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

@violence1337 Would appear it got ignored or they would have mentioned it as it's on the "known issues" list still.

And to people claiming it's "hard" for them to find the bugs and fix them, this isn't some 5 man team on kickstarter pushing out a Pong clone. It's a billion dollar company with thousands of employees that already took your money for a highly broken game that's taken nearly 3 months to fix things that should have been working on day 1. And they also took your season pass money, your money for cosmetic add-ons, + all the money from previous games. If a handful of guys doing unofficial patches for other games, for FREE can fix stuff faster than a dedicated team drawing an income, something is wrong.

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

@ratchit66 I got all the fish w/o even trying, although I farmed a ton of shallow lake and river fish with melee and arrows. Suggest posting which fish it is you don't have then go to a known location. ONLY need one of each type, not one of each size.

• DarthRagnhild
    2 posts

@bushwickedly Oh they are busy making skins for us to buy instead of fixing well known issues instead. I learned my lesson this time and no longer giving them my money for a broken product

• Ratchit66
    12 posts

@bushwickedly
    I need a Bream. I’ve been to all the locations. I’ve reloaded the game like 50 times. I’ve left the longboat elsewhere. I didn’t use Odin’s sight. I’ve thrown my line aswell as shooting an arrow. I’ve literally tried everything. I need 1 fish! 1 FISH!

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

As far as I`m concerned it is now too late for Ubisoft to fix this issue because I am now giving up on this game! I have waited almost 2 months for them to fix an issue that prevents 100% completion but it is STILL NOT FIXED. It is such a shame because this could have been one of the best AC games without all the bugs, it is a beautiful looking game with great characters and a really good story but the crazy amount of bugs has ruined the game. It could have been an 8.5 or even a 9 from me but with all the bugs I would give it a 5.5 instead 😞

• boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@andychelsea420 Thats a bit generous(5.5).

• Donpachio
    1 posts

@ratchit66 Did you manage to get the big flat fish and mackerel??

• violence1337
    8 posts

It must be really hard to quickly fix the fish spawns so that the million players that are waiting can finally finish the stupid fish quest... The only players who finished this quest cheated with buying some sort of program to manipulate the inventory...

• Ratchit66
    12 posts

@donpachio
    No, I haven’t been catching the fish for the fishing hut quests. I’ve been catching just one of each type of fish for the trophy. I’ve caught them all but 1

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts
    Did they fix the fish spawns in the new patch or completely ignore that?

Still not fixed in either PS5 or PS4 version

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics