Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@ubi-baron Well, the issue of fish disappearing is still very much with us after the 1.1.1-patch (playing on PC). Both yesterday and today I was fishing off the coast of Hamtunscire and whenever I spotted a number of fish, all of them were gone even before I could throw my fishing line into the water.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3571 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@violence1337 The issue of fish disappearing is still very much with us after the 1.1.1-patch (playing on PC). Both yesterday and today I was fishing off the coast of Hamtunscire and whenever I spotted a number of fish (Bream, I think, and I need those), all of them were gone even before I could throw my fishing line into the water.

• Font81
    19 posts

When i reached Folcanstan (Cent) i saw a lot of fish nearby the docks. Got a sturgeon. then i stood on a boat and hook one fish but no matter what i did i couldnt pull him up, he was right by my boat and the line broke i don´t know why. Then i saw a bigger fish, hook, and again the pull up did not work, just stood by the boat, under the boat, until the line broke again. And after this, no more fish, just gone.

I loaded an old save went to the same dock still no fish. took the boat further to the sea scout a lot of miles, nothing.

rivers ok, coast/sea fish gone.

At the rate updates are being released i guess no coast/sea fish until 15th february...at least

• illMac99
    43 posts

Literally 0 change to fish behavior, spawn rates or locations with 1.1.1 update. Does Ubisoft think we're all stupid?

• TheeElf
    262 posts

@illmac99 They never said they fixed the fish spawning issue in 1.1.1...

• Bushwickedly
    109 posts

STOP using the stupid fishing line already. Gigantic waste of time and stupid mechanics (1/2" fishing rope won't break from a 0.5 pound perch but modern nylon might; hand pulling rope does NOT make a modern fishing reel sound effect; a 5" trout won't fight you like a 10 pound shark for 10 minutes, etc.) JUMP in the water and sprint/lunge at the fish while using attack. If timed right, your hatchet will get fish. Quickly spam the loot button then move on. Use Odin sight repeatedly and swim towards where the last school went. Slowly work way towards ocean from river inlets then head back towards river inlet if things vanish then repeat. All the areas I mentioned earlier, are where I did just that. If you want the achievement, follow my advice. And as inferred before, seals on the coast of a tiny island are a good area to go to but stay under the water and get stuff while trying to avoid getting all seals to plop in the water or they'll despawn too.

(F)orget the game and lazy patches. Don't let it suck more life out of you through incredibly cheap "player retention" tactics by forcing YOU to wait on patches to release.

• Durwin52
    11 posts

At this point the majority of the Dev team for Valhalla has probably moved on to other games, and those remaining are probably focused exclusively on DLC to milk as much extra money from the title as they can. Obviously the fix for fishing is more involved then the skeleton crew that remains to solve. I highly doubt this will be fixed, and if it is it will probably be a LONG ways out. Just remember this treatment on their next game.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@bushwickedly I do want the achievement, but I want to enjoy the game even more. Ubisoft should just fix the fishing.

• Font81
    19 posts

After I got the bug with coast fish at the Folcanstan docks, while I was fishing, i continued with the Cent arc story, i had to go to the docks and still no fish when I get there. started the net mission and ended it, fast travel to the dock and I was surprised to see some fish animations. did not move, did not use odin sight, I chose the fishing line and very slowly approached the water and i was able to get 2 small Bream...then the fish disappeared again lol.

• dannyrhinos89
    6 posts

It seems Ubisoft are just ignoring this issue, coastal fish have been messed up since release and still they’ve not bothered fixing it. Do they even play the game?

Imagine putting a trophy in the game that’s basically unattainable, I’ve needed a single bream for weeks now to get platinum and it just instantly de spawns, Absolutely ridiculous.

• Ratchit66
    12 posts

So, after months of trying absolutely everything possible I still never managed to get that bream. I decided to just preorder the DLC ready for when it comes out and I played ‘The Legend of Beowulf’ quest that came with it free. Once I completed the entire quest I thought I could try go back down and catch a bream - again.

Fast traveled to the dock on the South Island and threw my line out - without using Odin’s sight. Within seconds I had a bite and reeled it in. To my surprise it was the bream I had been searching months for! The ‘Good Catch’ trophy popped then finally the Platinum did!

No idea if this would help anyone but maybe if you’ve finished the game and trying to get the trophy, and wanting the DLC try this method and it may work. This was a weird solution and obviously not the perfect workaround but thought I’d share it because I’ve been frustrated for months just as I can see some others have been. Hope I helped or at least given people some hope! PLATINUM BABY!

• Viem
    54 posts

Subject : Fish.
    Issue : No fish at all in the sea (paradox)…

The beauty of the area of the White Cliffs of Dover is majestic and a place worth visiting in game. So i took a small boat to go fishing in the area while admiring the awe-inspiring beauty of the scenery.
    I was really diasppointed to find no fish whatsoever in the area. Its a vast open ocean, so PLEASE add lots of fish in there with a high respawn timer.
    Any concerns regarding the exploitation of fishing for silver is irrelevant, since even if let's say a player decides to spent hours fishing it is still game time spent (labor) so it should be viewed as such.

• Tchester1980
    1100 posts

@viem

I also recognize that there is "no" fish swimming in the water. I check every spot after each Patch and since the last Patch 1.1.1, a lot of regular fish spots (also other areas) are empty and no fish anymore!
    Also waiting for 30mins without mediate will not help!

Seems to be a new bug (or in Ubisoft Language: feature)!

• soliunasm
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • soliunasm
    5 posts

This issue still isn't really fixed. You can mitigate it to a degree by going to the coast, casting out your line, and then waiting. After about one to two minutes of sitting there with your line out it will spawn some fish but they're on some sort of timer because within a minute or two they will all instantly disappear even if you've killed any of them with an arrow. I just had a Flatfish (Large) disappear on me after I shot it and then when I used Odin Sight the small fish I saw less than five seconds ago littering the sea were now all entirely gone and they weren't even close to the flatfish nor off in the distance.

Unless you are very patient it's rough to get any of these things to spawn and those missions where you have to turn in tons of fish are effectively impossible to finish, especially with some of the ones that require four large fish. You pretty much can only catch one fish every two to three minutes if that and you have to catch your first one within like ten seconds of it latching on if you want a chance at maybe getting a second one.

Update: Turns out not only are they on a timer but if they bite your line they will disappear while on it. Just had it happen to me with a halibut (Large). So even if you wait for them to spawn and they bite your line with you hooking them you're not guaranteed a reel in. It also doesn't look like they respawn if you wait, you may need to move away or meditate before they spawn again a single time.

• GanguHrolfr
    10 posts

Same as you lot: I miss small/regular/big breams. Saw the glitch several times.
    No big mackerel, no big flatfish to be found.
    Hope those issues will be dealt with.

I love the country and keep roaming it (playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla (OST) Full / Complete Official Soundtrack in the background, because we can't enjoy enough the music with the high frequency put on), though I have nothing to do, but

• upgrade all the gears, so farm money (fishing, sell them),
    • try to complete the Fishing Hut Quests (but the fishes that I miss are glitched, so I could get the Stinky but Deadly reward),
    • would be glad to Avenge the death of 10 players (and get the Hall of Slain reward), but I can't find any death player to avenge.

Got all the achievements, but Take my hand, The enemy of my enemy, Disorder of the Ancients that are bugged (can't have them, though I've completed the requirements to have them!).
    So I go to kill some Saxons and Bandits... for the pleasure of roaming the country, but frustrating! But I can't stop to play, so addict that I am with this country and music, and those dark ages.

• FlexFORCE16
    1 posts

Odin Sighted at least 5 Flatfish (big) of the Southeastern coast of the Isle of Wight. Tried catching them with fishing lure, they will bite and you can hook them. However, when you reel them in they just go underneath your boat. It will not let you catch them no matter how long you can stay in the tug-of-war with them. Eventually, it will snap the line and disappear.

• hroozenbeek
    1024 posts

@flexforce16 Yes... Fishing from a boat is crazy like this. It seems obvious that this is the intended way to fish (or from a pier), but the fish almost always swim under your boat (or pier) and you'll never catch them.

Fishing is bugged is so many ways (such as the one where fish disappear moments after you've spotted them)... Very frustrating!

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Thank you to everyone that has added to this thread since my last post! To reiterate what I mentioned earlier, this issue has been reproduced on our side and a fix will be added to the game in a future patch. Exact details regarding the release date of said patch have not been announced yet, but we will make sure to continue updating this thread as soon as this information has been given to us.

Official Response
  • WGDBatman
    2 posts

I have tried all the tips and tricks I could find online to get fish to spawn, sometimes they work, most times they do not. I have spent hours trying to fish, running up and down the various coastlines, fast travelling, meditating, rinse/repeat and I cannot get certain fish to spawn. Tonight, after two hours of manipulating the game I finally got a Bream and Flatfish to spawn so I could get the Achievement but they were both "small" and I could only get one of each. A far cry from the sizes and quantities I am needing to complete all the fishing hut objectives. I have also found that if seals are in the area, you can hook a fish, but if a seal swims close while reeling it in the fish magically teleports away but your line is still in the water like it is hooked... but the fish is gone.

I am an obsessive completionist, I have cleared the entire map, all three destinations, completed everything but the fishing hut objectives. This is driving me insane!!! Oh, and I still cannot get Tove to interact with me, even following the steps Ubisoft laid out just today! What the Holy Hell!?!?!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics