Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MsMALIC3
    5 posts

@spanky_x It's upsetting to see that you posted this when the game came out and it's still an issue. I too am having great difficulty getting fish to spawn off the coast, or in the ocean. I've also been unable to find big Flatfish and big Mackerel (in Norway). I'd really like to finish the fishing requests, but I guess I'll have to put it on hold until Ubisoft deals with this persistent issue.

• johnnywriteoff
    3 posts

Same issue. Haven't come across Big Mackerel or Big Flatfish in the countless hours of searching. I've completed everything else in the game except the two fish! Quite irritating hah

• hockeyman1725
    1 posts

so it is currently February 2nd and there is still issues with costal fish not spawning on the coast in England. are there people looking into this?

• Nimnar0x
    7 posts

Fish are disappearing upon arrival. After coming to location, you can see lot of them using Odin's sight, but after about 3 seconds they all instantly disappear. Unable to catch any fish from sea, sailing around for 30 minutes and no fish on the coast. Video here :

You can see about 10 fish in the first Odin's sight, all gone by third.

• DCABLEGUY
    3 posts

@ubiexcellent can someone explain to me how fishing is still impossible to complete? this has been a know issuse since launch but nothing being done about it? i wanna complete the fishing hut mission for the swordfish and get the achivement for catching one of each fish! come on guys fix the problem already its been know about since 11-25-20 and it is 2-3-21 now why no fix?

• violence1337
    12 posts

@dcableguy one of each fish you can complete. The only thing thats still bugged is finding the 2 big fish Big Mackerel and Big Flatfish.

• castiombry
    1 posts

Along the Cent sea coast is very difficult find fish, and when you find them they disappear after few second... is it normal? Can someone help?

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 635 posts

@castiombry Hello there! Thanks for sharing with this. Sorry to hear this is happening! I totally get that it can be frustrating to have fish disappear before you can have a chance to catch them! I'd like to have a closer look at the rate at which these fish appear to be despawning. Could you grab a video of this so I can have a closer look?

Official Response
  • Nimnar0x
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Wan

@nimnar0x Hello there! Thanks for the report here, as well as the video! I'd like to know if this issue is in a specific body of water, or does this appear to occur in many other places as well, if not all?

Official Response
  • Nimnar0x
    7 posts

@ubiwan Hello, all around England coasts (East Anglia coast, Cent coast, Essex coast, Wessex coast etc.). All river fish work perfectly fine. Norway coast fish also seem to be working fine (except I can't find big Mackerel anywhere).

However, England sea fish disappear as on video. I tried fast travelling elsewhere and then riding to shore, tried meditating, tried waiting for good weather, nothing, there are simply no sea fish on coasts. Only time I see them is when I fast travel to a point on shore (i.e. dock) for 2-3 seconds before they despawn, as on video. Thus I can't catch any big/regular Sturgeon / Bream / Cod / Flatfish (managed to catch few small versions in a river mouth, where it meets the ocean), but I can't finish Fishing hut challenges.

• Ubi-Wan

Hey again guys! I appreciate the reports here. I do believe the issue being encountered here is the same as the one reported in the megathread found here. The good news is, the has been a fix reported for this issue which will be on the way with a future patch. As such, please stay tuned to our public channels, and the main forum page for Valhalla for more information, when available!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Wan

Hey again all. First I'd like to thank everyone for their continued reports. With that said, I'd also like to reiterate what UbiExcellent has said regarding the investigation of this issue. A solution has been identified for this issue and it will be coming along with a future patch. At this time, we're unsure on an exact ETA for this patch, however we will be updating this thread when this patch comes to fruition. Outside of this thread, you may keep an eye on Valhalla's official twitter page, among other public channels - as well as the main forums for updates and general information for Valhalla, where information on these patches will also be released.

Official Response
  • KamikazeSG12
    47 posts

@ubi-woofer Thanks for a more informational update finally after reposting the same "Thanks, we're aware and working on it" for 2 months. However, it is dated 23 December 2020 and it is now 5 January 2021. No update fixing the fishing has been forthcoming...

Can we please get some real info on fixing this huge flaw. Fishing is one of the few ongoing extra-story activities to keep us interested until the actual expansion storyline is available.

• isuwhat
    190 posts

has there been any update on when this will be fixed? have given up trying to get the fishing trophy because of it

• DCABLEGUY
    3 posts

@ubiwan so your answer is we know how to fix the problem BUT we dont wanna implement it or tell you when we might implement it but we are gonna make a bunch of armor and weapons for the helix store to take more money from you suckers and leave the game you paid for broken and unfinishable! total freaking BS!!!!! NO ETA ON WHEN PROBLEM WILL BE FIXED! there is now 9 sets of armor in helix store for sale which is the same as the base games 9 armors but not gonna fix a actual mini game in the game.

• DCABLEGUY
    3 posts

@violence1337 so their answer is we know how to fix the problem BUT we dont wanna implement it or tell you when we might implement it but we are gonna make a bunch of armor and weapons for the helix store to take more money from you suckers and leave the game you paid for broken and unfinishable! total freaking BS!!!!! NO ETA ON WHEN PROBLEM WILL BE FIXED! there is now 9 sets of armor in helix store for sale which is the same as the base games 9 armors but not gonna fix a actual mini game in the game.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@dcableguy I do understand your frustration here. However, depending on the size of the fix, some issues require a full game update instead of a hotfix in order to be resolved. As of right now, we are still waiting on an exact date for this patch to go live. As soon as we have any information on this, we will post about it here.

Official Response
  • Christian1701e
    2 posts

Cannot find (ver. 1.1.1):
    Big Eel
    Big Macherel
    Big Flatfish

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

@christian1701e Thanks for updating this thread! These fish are included in the upcoming fix, so please stay tuned for more information on when this patch will go live here and on this thread.

Official Response

Suggested Topics