Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Sam_Boo26
    136 posts

I haven't finished the main story yet, but I also have a hard time finding fish. I use Odin vision, but it happens really often that there's no fish, or I manage to catch one and after that they're all gone.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1381 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • uacct19
    1 posts

After fast traveling to a coastal port, I will see fish all over. I'll use Odin's Sight to see them all and once it fades, all the fish disappear. Doesn't happen inland, just all coast towns and spots. Mediating won't bring them back, exiting the game and reloading wont bring them back, saving outside town and walking back doesn't work, waiting on different weather types doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem or a work around? I have this problem in England as well as Norway. Pretty much impossible to turn in many of the fishing requests as is.

• KoalaInstincts
    1 posts

I’ve been having the same issue. I’m assuming if you’re not on next gen consoles then you’re going to have this issue. I’m still on the Xbox one and I keep having the same issues.@uacct19

• K_JAY1219
    2 posts

This is so annoying. I want to clear the fishing hut quest. But that freaking big flat fish and big markerel never never appear.

I'm so worried about it because this is minor contents so Ubisoft might ignore this one.

This issue is Sooooo Critical. But they didn't even write it on the known issue list.

Ubi, will you give a little thing about fishing?

• K_JAY1219
    2 posts

THIS ISSUE NEEDS TO BE ON THE KNOWN ISSUE.

When you try fishing on the sea or near the coastline.

All the fish just disappear in 2seconds.
    But fish in the river is OK.
    I think there is a glitch with big flat fish. Go to Cent AND ESSEX.
    THERE IS NO FISH AT ALL.

• perceujack
    1 posts

When going to a river or sea, fish will either be nowherew to be found or they will appear for a fraction of time and then vanish without even having time to use the fishing line. This bug is making impossible to get all the achievements

• BlackHalfdan8
    1 posts

Yeah, this needs some serious attention. My completionist nature is hung up searching for my last couple of fish - Flatfish (Big) , Haddock (Big), Mackerel (regular and Big) and Red Fish (regular and Big). Norway is even worse than England but neither is acceptable this far into launch without being awknowledged by Ubi....

• Bsheltonihs
    1 posts

I never post in forums...but I spent over 12 hours of time trying to get coastal/ocean fish. I got lucky a few times by fast traveling to a coastal port or travel between England and Norway and there was a big fish there. Then it's a race to see if I can cast my rope before all the fish disappear in the ocean/coastal areas. If I have to move more than 3 steps to get to the edge of the pier they disappear. VERY VERY VERY FRUSTRATING!

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Hey folks,

Just so I am sure I am understanding this correctly, are you saying that you can only fish in rivers? Do fish not spawn at Coasts or in the open ocean?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

Thanks for raising this folks.

I have passed it onto the team to look into further.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • Beachez_B_Crazy
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins Hey, I saw that this has been reported in other threads in the forums as well. Such as here:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/82429/fishing-bugs/2

The fish only spawn and can be fished out of rivers and lakes. Anything that is on the coastline or ocean has a 1 second life span until it disappears forever. However, this is not 100%, I did manage to catch some a couple of times. But this means that fishing in Norway is almost impossible.

The repro steps are fairly easy, you just travel to Norway or a place on the coast of England and notice there are no fish. As I said, it happens around 90% of the time. Don't know if the spawn pools are broken or it's just a short window when they're spawned, but there's definitely something fishy (pun intended) going on.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • nuglife22
    26 posts

This is a common issue I have experienced and read about on other forums and Youtube videos. I've tried all sorts of "fixes" that do not help at all. Sometimes when I first fast travel in or load back into the animus, I'll immediately ping insight and see fish. But once I move a couple feet or just select fishing line and ping again, all fish disappear. Because of this, I can not get the fishing trophy. I've tried the animus loading, fast traveling to Norway, Vinland, and back to England. I've tried fast traveling to an inland point and riding my horse to the coast to avoid summoning the long ship at the fishing dock. I've tried meditating 100 times. I've tried progressing quests and clearing up the weather. I've tried the obvious restarting of the game and console. Nothing works. Every time I go back to the south coast in England to find a bream fish, there's either absolutely not one fish in sight or 1 out of 10 times there's fish that show up for a second and then disappear. I know I'm in the correct location for the Bream fish because I've seen other people get it in videos but like many other people, it's bugged for me.

• Hhhhhharrie
    9 posts

Fish do spawn in coastal areas, but only if the sea is completely calm it seems. The moment even the slightest foam appears on the waves, the fish despawn. Since the waters of the rivers and lakes are always calm, fish spawn there as they should.
    One way I've found to fish in the sea is to do a quicksave and then repeatedly reload that save until fish spawn (the weather is randomised with each load). And then hope that the water stays calm long enough to catch any fish.
    Still, I haven't found any big flatfish or big mackerel either and I'm starting to doubt their existence.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

This is driving me insane! I`ve been fishing for 3 days straight now and the coastal fish constantly despawn after 1 or 2 seconds no matter what the weather or waves are doing. I reload the game every few minutes and occasionally (maybe 1 reload out of 50) the coastal fish will stick around for 10 minutes but then they vanish again, even while I am pulling in a fish they will just vanish. Plus I have never seen a big flat fish or regular and big mackerel in over 100 hours playing. I`m on Xbox one. FIX THIS MESS UBISOFT!!!!

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

Exactly the same problem on Xbox one, coastal fish despawn after 1 or 2 seconds.

• Dragonsnuts
    16 posts

I've been trying to do the fishing deliveries as I go. I started fishing off the coast of east anglia and the fish are few and far between, and when I find fish they will despawn as I cast.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@dragonsnuts
    It's not just east Anglia, its coastal fishing full stop. They're all messed up.

• Dragonsnuts
    16 posts

@jsrg1840 Thanks for the heads up. I'll save myself the head ache then.

• RamWamBam
    5 posts

The most infuriating thing. For science I decided to see how long it would take to find 2 Flatfish (Big) going on 3 hours with nothing to show for it. The despawn is actually maddening.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics