Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RamWamBam
    5 posts

The most infuriating thing. For science I decided to see how long it would take to find 2 Flatfish (Big) going on 3 hours with nothing to show for it. The despawn is actually maddening.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2235 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • Vanyar1
    10 posts

I've got the same problem. I'm only missing two different fishes from the sea, but neither of them is appearing. Once I was lucky and after waiting for several minutes a fish came up. But when I pulled it in, it just swam under my boat and bugged out - I could reel as much as I wanted Eivor didn't catch it. So annoying!

• RamWamBam
    5 posts

@ubi-swaggins yeah, fishing in the coastal areas is almost impossible. Fish disappear at what seems to be the slightest hint of bad ocean conditions. I sat there to test it out how long it would take for the fish to spawn back, 1 hour of waiting and still there was no sign. Needless to say I left after that.

• Kiro_Games
    2 posts
    Hello, I am having a problem with fishing off the coast of England, the fish disappear in 5 seconds and do not appear again anywhere on the coast. Even if I change the map, the same thing happens

• thesarge134
    8 posts

@kiro_games

This is off the topic but how in the heck do you add tags? I am trying to submit something but it won't let me because I need to add tags.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

@ubi-swaggins This is driving me insane! I`ve been fishing for 3 days straight now (about 30+ hours) and the coastal fish constantly vanish after 1 or 2 seconds no matter what the weather or waves are doing. I reload the game every few minutes and occasionally (maybe 1 reload out of 50) the coastal fish will stick around for 10 minutes but then they vanish again, even while I am pulling in a fish they will just vanish. The coastal fish in Norway vanish much more than England but even in England they vanish about 99% of the time. And again this is in all weathers not just bad weather. Plus I have never seen a big flat fish or regular and big mackerel in over 100 hours playing. I`m on Xbox one. I know the next update is supposed to fix the fish in Norway spawning in bad weather but there was no mention of the England coastal fish and no mention of fish vanishing after 1 second. So when will this be fixed?

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

In the update they are supposed to fix the issue of fish in Norway not spawning in bad weather but no mention of ALL coastal fish (England and Norway) vanishing after less than 1 second in ALL weathers.

• Ribbheden
    3 posts

Fishes still despawn for me even when using the 1.04 patch. The issue is still there.

• pjc1506
    14 posts

@andychelsea420

Norway seems to be fixed, fish not despawning, still no big mackerel and England waters not fixed still despawning.

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

@pjc1506 same here, even after update, and with good weather, the fish in england are bugged, and the spawn for big mackerel in norway it`s trash, not even one!

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

This bug is still NOT FIXED!! The coastal fish in England (kent and sussex) STILL VANISH in less than 1 second and the fish in Norway are at least spawning but STILL VANISHING after 20 seconds to 1 minute. In 2 hours of continuous fishing in Norway I have managed to catch 8 fish (3 x regular mackerel, 1 x regular hake, 3 x small mackerel 1 x big redfish) and STILL NO BIG MACKEREL!!! 90 minutes downloading an update that did almost nothing!!!

• Dragonsnuts
    16 posts

@vanyar1 I also get this bug often in the ocean. I would probably be done if not for this bug lol.

• dlmthree
    77 posts

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Title Update 1.0.4

World

Fish in Norway will now spawn in bad weather. Yeah, we had to read this one twice too.

Gameplay, Combat, AI

Improved fish-reeling behavior.

It has been bugging me for 2 weeks and I hoped that it would be fixed along the way with these but it seems that sea fishes in England are still bugged.

First, they simply despawn after a while, as in while you are reeling your fish just disappears, there's nothing anymore at the end of your line. And worse, there's no more fishes in the water. It doesn't happen in rivers and lakes, only in seas.

Secondly, their behaviour is odd at times where they don't care about player input. More than once I had fishes going under my boat (whatever the boat), your character doesn't even turn on themselves to keep facing it and the fish just swims away and away and away. Once again, it doesn't happen in rivers and lakes, only in seas.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

@ubi-swaggins This bug is still NOT FIXED!! The coastal fish in England (kent and sussex) STILL VANISH in less than 1 second and the fish in Norway are at least spawning but STILL VANISHING after 20 seconds to 1 minute. In 2 hours of continuous fishing in Norway I have managed to catch 8 fish (3 x regular mackerel, 1 x regular hake, 3 x small mackerel 1 x big redfish) and STILL NO BIG MACKEREL!!! 90 minutes downloading an update that did almost nothing!!!

• MacGyver04_
    2 posts

I am still getting this bug as well. I can watch fish despawn on the coast while i'm trying to shoot them with arrows. I'll even kill a fish, and the body despawns with all the live fish. Verifying with Odin's sight and camera mode.

• MacGyver04_
    2 posts

I am still getting this bug as well. I can watch fish despawn on the coast while i'm trying to shoot them with arrows. I'll even kill a fish, and the body despawns with all the live fish. Verifying with Odin's sight and camera mode.

• Razyndel
    4 posts

Yeh this needs to be prioritised... a whole aspect of the gameplay is missing or unplayable . Unacceptable is Title like this

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

@ubi-swaggins can you please keep us updated with this issue ?

• xPoppu
    12 posts

I had the same issue on XBSX. Using fast travel multiple times near the fishes spot fixed it for me, but to be honnest I think i was just lucky.

• Helvidia
    2 posts

You guys are lucky! In two weeks I haven't even seen a single fish spawn off any coast. And I've been looking. All i've ever seen are seagulls bopping on the water. About to give up on fishing altogether. Which is a shame since it locks me out of some cosmetics and runes from the fisherboy.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics