Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JamesLogan491
    91 posts

For a bug/glitch like this to still be on the game is bad, but for it to still be on the game after a patch that claims to have fixed it is something else.
    I mean, why lie about fixing it?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • SashaEm
    6 posts

This issue has come up multiple times, here and in Reddit, and doesn't seem to be fully understood by the powers that be. The fishing in this game is rife with issues, but largest of all: The large mackerel and the large flatfish do not spawn, bar none. I've spent multiple hours sailing the coasts and seas of Norway, looking for a single large mackerel.

Fish do not spawn at sea, AT ALL. Fish rarely spawn along the coast. And when they do, it's small fish, the only reliable large is Redfish. It's not weather, it's not time of day. You have some incredible rewards tied to the fishing system that are entirely unobtainable.

This is not to mention the fish teleporting below the map after shooting them with arrows, or the RAMPANT de-spawning issues that prevent you from catching more than 1-2 fish in an area. Please, this had the potential to be a cool side play in this game, and it seems like it wasn't beta tested in the least. At this point I'm almost expecting to be paid for beta testing your game for you.

• Alexandru27p
    18 posts

There is an issue with the fishes in the game, I've farmed for almost 20h and barely caught some fish and always found the same 5 fish, rarely the others. At the coast they despawn instantly. And there is also a problem with "Overdesing II" achievement. I've done the same thing for 2h and it doesn't pop up. I hope "the fish problem" and this achievement will be solved as soon as posible.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@Alexandru27p Thank you for reporting this to us.

We are aware of issues with the Fish not being catchable at the Coast or in the Ocean, and this is something the team are currently looking into.

Official Response
  • Alexandru27p
    18 posts

@ubi-baron Thank you very very much.

• SashaEm
    6 posts

Bumping this because Ubisoft seems fully intent on ignoring the large amount of fishing and hunting bugs in the game.

• SashaEm
    6 posts

Please, don't let this fly under the radar. All of the gold bars in the fishing tree are unobtainable, as are most of the later rewards.

• Borb98
    6 posts

Ubi! This ^ 😭

• XboX.FPF
    22 posts

So I am having this issue that I rarely see any fish at the coast areas. When I do throw out my fishing line, eivor will say the waters are full of fish or something like this..

I also noticed that when I was in an area with fish, they suddenly all disappeared as soon as a bird pops up. You can see them dissapear using Odins sight..

So most of the time I see a ton of birds and no fish. I never spotted any fish with birds around even when Eivor does says there are fish in the water..

• Borb98
    6 posts

This should be in the Known Issues already.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 788 posts

@robwhill08 Thank you for reporting this to us.

We are aware of this issue occurring, with Fish in the Ocean or at the Coast and the AC team are currently looking into this.

Official Response
  • sathonys
    1 posts

So i have been trying to complete the fishing hut, river fish no problem
    when it coems to sea fish, aka off the coast, they disappear after i shoot thefirst one with the bow after that all fish in the area are completly gone untill i go back to a rivers exit into thesea then go back out and the same thing happens , i shoot with the bow i hit , the dead fish disappears alongside with every living fish in view till i go back int othe rivers exit, makes the fishing hut tasks extremly painfull if not impossible to do 😕

• caspeer_costel
    13 posts

Come on Ubisoft. Fix this! And doing wait a month to release another patch.

• SashaEm
    6 posts

@ubi-swaggins The fact that this isn't on the Known or Reported issues list is crazy to me. There are a dozen threads reporting similar issues, and more on Reddit. I know there is a lot to look into but flat out ignoring us is not OK.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@pjc1506 Big mackeral does at the town in Rejaskve area. Its random, however they're by the piers if they spawn.

• FreqEteQ
    4 posts

On the latest 1.0.4 patch, Xbox One X.

Today coastal fish started despawning and respawning, inland fish in lakes and rivers are not affected by this bug. When I travel to a coastal fishing location and if I use my sight when I first arrive I will see the fish but they will immediately disappear. If I cast my line into the empty water where the fish used to be my character will still say the fishing voice lines like "look at all those delicious fish".

If I leave my line in the empty water the fish will respawn eventually, this appears to be totally random it's happened after 30 seconds, 3 minutes, 5 minutes and sometimes I've given up waiting it's taking so long. Once they respawn it's just a matter of time until they despawn again, sometimes I've managed to catch 2 fish in a row without them despawning, but most of the time they will despawn the moment my line hits the water after catching my first fish.

I also notice that when they respawn my fishing line will start looking glitchy but only when I have the camera looking from directly behind and above my character, it kind of looks like it's rubberbanding and only does this when the fish respawn.

I've tried playing offline, loading up old save files, nothing seems to fix this bug which is weird because last night when I was playing everything was working fine, Folcanstan was the last location I unlocked before the bug appeared.

• FreqEteQ
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rosen22
    2 posts

Needs fixing. Why wasnt this addressed in first patch.

• Calkebab110
    4 posts

I also have this issue. There are just no fish on the coasts. I verified my game files (reinstalled the game) and fished for a few minutes after that and then all the fish de-spawned and cannot be found again!

It is strange that so many people reported this bug but it is not on the known issues or under investigation issues lists updated on 1/12

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

so after i spent alomst 1 h in game.. i was able to find that the fish in coastal sea are spawning on sunrise and sometimes on sunset, and just on good weather, no fog, but i wasnt able to catch any big flatfish, small sturgeon or big mackarel in norway. 🙂 and they spawn for o short period of time, like 2 min in real life.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics