Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Nimnar0x
    7 posts

@vanadiumcobalt This thread is about fish not spawning in seas, not about missing big fish, go to other thread for that (but yes, big flatfish and big mackarel still seems to be missing, all other fish are in game).

• osteinjrbr
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • caspeer_costel
    13 posts

For what's worth, I was finally able to fish off the south coast and get my fishing achievement. Can't speak about other small/regular/big versions of fish.
    Yey for progress.

• DESCAF
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis I posted this elsewhere on the forums but will post again here for you:

Inventory Issue with SMALL Sturgeon.

Last night (02-20-2021) I finally found and reeled in multiple SMALL Sturgeon only to find that they did not appear in my inventory. (PC). I went to the Fishing Hut anyways in case it was a visual glitch, but I could not turn any in. I found a user on the internet who had posted last week of the same issue.

I found the Small Sturgeon at the mouth of the river on the east side of Portscere, Sussex. NW of the Dock Fast Travel located to the SE of Portescere is a small dock with an NPC fisherman. From there to about 200m into the mouth of the river you can catch Small Sturgeon in schools of 4-5 fish of various types. However, the Small Sturgeon will not stay in your inventory after being caught!

To complete fishing I need:
    2 Big Mackerel
    2 Big Flatfish
    5 Small Sturgeon

Cheers

• Keep.
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • EQ-Geckoface
    9 posts

@descaf I don't think anyone has caught Big Flatfish or Big Mackerel but Small Sturgeon is hard to catch but possible

• Anubis369
    4 posts

I still can't find Big Flatfish on the PS5. I assume this is still bugged unless someone can show a location.

• Anubis369
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis Please recheck this thread as bugs seem to persist.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts

Hey there @Anubis369!

This thread is about the spawning rate of all fish along the coast, rather than the spawning of specific fish. You can find a megathread about the missing big flatfish over here.

Please be assured that the development team is investigating the missing fish further! If you're unable to find any fish at all when out at sea, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • boo-yah1907
    160 posts

@marktrix1987 Why is this thread marked as resolved i wonder?!

• VanadiumCobalt
    317 posts

@boo-yah1907 Because this thread is about the spawn rate issue along the coastline that has been fixed (The sea if full now, for most). I also posted here by mistake. Another thread is dealing with Big Flatfish and Mackerel.

Read what @Ubi-Borealis said and a link to that thread.

• UbiExcellent
    Ubisoft Support Staff 756 posts

Apologies for any confusion caused, everyone! VanadiumCobalt is correct in saying that this issue is specifically regarding fish not spawning along the coast or in the ocean. Reiterating what Ubi-Borealis mentioned above, please update the following Megathread if you're having issues with locating big Flatfish/Mackerel, since this is a separate issue.

Official Response
  • tinyissscute92
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis

I am still unable to locate big flatfish in order to finish the fishing deliveries.

• UbiExcellent

@tinyissscute92 Thanks for sharing this! In order to keep this megathread regarding fish not spawning along the coast or in the seas on topic, please add any information about not being able to locate big flatfish on our dedicated megathread.

Official Response
  • wundermittens
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • zpals
    11 posts

I have been trying to get big halibut for days now, ive trolled the spawn areas for hours and hours and if i get to close to the halibut they float out of the water and then de-spawn. If i get one by arrow or line its always medium. I am the unproud owner of 82 medium halibut. Surely this cant be normal. I know about the big flatfish and mackerel. Im about ready to throw the towel in with this game. It has to be the worst made game i have ever played.......

• UbiExcellent

@zpals I'm sorry to hear that you are only able to catch medium halibut, and not large halibut. Would it be possible to request video footage showing this de-spawn issue you mentioned?

Official Response
  • EQ-Geckoface
    9 posts

@spanky_x I can't believe they removed the Ubisoft Challenge 'Stinky But Deadly' (Weald a Swordfish) which was their solution to not being able to fix fishing for certain big fish (which are still unfinished fishing quests in Ravensthorpe). The swordfish is a sword we may never own.

• ImaginaryRuins
    397 posts

@eq-geckoface from what I know, that Ubisoft Connect challenge is removed only temporarily, and the dev. team is going to have a temporary solution in the upcoming 27th Apr. update to address the big fish issue as they are working on a permanent fix by June.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts

Hello @EQ-Geckoface!

As shared by @ImaginaryRuins, "Stinky but Deadly" has only been temporarily removed from the game as it's currently impossible to complete. Rest assured we'll be activating the challenge again in the future, and the elusive Swordfish will be yours to wield in the future! ⚔ 🐟 You can follow the investigation regarding the missing fish in this megathread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics