Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sneak_NiNja808
    1 posts

I have been trying to locate fish in Norway, and they aren’t spawning into the game. I have spent many hours walking the coast and meditating trying to get fish to show up. I also tried to hard reset the game. Please help me out.

• Sytev
    7 posts

Any chance of an official word on this?

• travik
    1 posts

I have the same issue. Mostly for the coast areas. Only thing that works for me is saving the game close to the ocean then go to the title screen reload the save. If I then directly jump in the water before doing anything else they generally stay until you get out of the water then they disappear again.

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

@travik i manage to get some fishing if i start within the rivers close to the coast, and go out, but not so far because they dissapear:) . this game is very bugged.

• GARGAMEL99951
    1 posts

after i span to a sea port all the fish is disappering...the problem is only in ”open sea” not rivers....

• JamesLogan491
    81 posts

I have the same problem.

• JamesLogan491
    81 posts

I really hope Ubisoft will acknowledge this. Fishing in coastal areas is impossible for me. Either fish won't spawn, or spawn for a few seconds and the moment a wave shows up they despawn.

• John_Wick117
    6 posts

@vindilator Have the same issue completed main story now i am just going around completing different things i missed or skipped like fishing.
    And i have had the same exact thing first time i use Odins sight i can see fish and after that no fish and same goes for out on a boat out at sea small row boat type boat.

No issues in England with the odins sight and fish finding them with the ability but norway they disappear after that first one and no fish will bite the hook so to speak.

• Sam_Boo26
    148 posts

I haven't finished the main story yet, but I also have a hard time finding fish. I use Odin vision, but it happens really often that there's no fish, or I manage to catch one and after that they're all gone.

• uacct19
    1 posts

After fast traveling to a coastal port, I will see fish all over. I'll use Odin's Sight to see them all and once it fades, all the fish disappear. Doesn't happen inland, just all coast towns and spots. Mediating won't bring them back, exiting the game and reloading wont bring them back, saving outside town and walking back doesn't work, waiting on different weather types doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem or a work around? I have this problem in England as well as Norway. Pretty much impossible to turn in many of the fishing requests as is.

• KoalaInstincts
    1 posts

I’ve been having the same issue. I’m assuming if you’re not on next gen consoles then you’re going to have this issue. I’m still on the Xbox one and I keep having the same issues.@uacct19

• K_JAY1219
    2 posts

This is so annoying. I want to clear the fishing hut quest. But that freaking big flat fish and big markerel never never appear.

I'm so worried about it because this is minor contents so Ubisoft might ignore this one.

This issue is Sooooo Critical. But they didn't even write it on the known issue list.

Ubi, will you give a little thing about fishing?

• K_JAY1219
    2 posts

THIS ISSUE NEEDS TO BE ON THE KNOWN ISSUE.

When you try fishing on the sea or near the coastline.

All the fish just disappear in 2seconds.
    But fish in the river is OK.
    I think there is a glitch with big flat fish. Go to Cent AND ESSEX.
    THERE IS NO FISH AT ALL.

• perceujack
    1 posts

When going to a river or sea, fish will either be nowherew to be found or they will appear for a fraction of time and then vanish without even having time to use the fishing line. This bug is making impossible to get all the achievements

• BlackHalfdan8
    1 posts

Yeah, this needs some serious attention. My completionist nature is hung up searching for my last couple of fish - Flatfish (Big) , Haddock (Big), Mackerel (regular and Big) and Red Fish (regular and Big). Norway is even worse than England but neither is acceptable this far into launch without being awknowledged by Ubi....

• Bsheltonihs
    1 posts

I never post in forums...but I spent over 12 hours of time trying to get coastal/ocean fish. I got lucky a few times by fast traveling to a coastal port or travel between England and Norway and there was a big fish there. Then it's a race to see if I can cast my rope before all the fish disappear in the ocean/coastal areas. If I have to move more than 3 steps to get to the edge of the pier they disappear. VERY VERY VERY FRUSTRATING!

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 346 posts

Hey folks,

Just so I am sure I am understanding this correctly, are you saying that you can only fish in rivers? Do fish not spawn at Coasts or in the open ocean?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 346 posts

Thanks for raising this folks.

I have passed it onto the team to look into further.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Official Response
  • Beachez_B_Crazy
    1 posts

@ubi-swaggins Hey, I saw that this has been reported in other threads in the forums as well. Such as here:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/82429/fishing-bugs/2

The fish only spawn and can be fished out of rivers and lakes. Anything that is on the coastline or ocean has a 1 second life span until it disappears forever. However, this is not 100%, I did manage to catch some a couple of times. But this means that fishing in Norway is almost impossible.

The repro steps are fairly easy, you just travel to Norway or a place on the coast of England and notice there are no fish. As I said, it happens around 90% of the time. Don't know if the spawn pools are broken or it's just a short window when they're spawned, but there's definitely something fishy (pun intended) going on.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics