Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• nuglife22
    26 posts

This is a common issue I have experienced and read about on other forums and Youtube videos. I've tried all sorts of "fixes" that do not help at all. Sometimes when I first fast travel in or load back into the animus, I'll immediately ping insight and see fish. But once I move a couple feet or just select fishing line and ping again, all fish disappear. Because of this, I can not get the fishing trophy. I've tried the animus loading, fast traveling to Norway, Vinland, and back to England. I've tried fast traveling to an inland point and riding my horse to the coast to avoid summoning the long ship at the fishing dock. I've tried meditating 100 times. I've tried progressing quests and clearing up the weather. I've tried the obvious restarting of the game and console. Nothing works. Every time I go back to the south coast in England to find a bream fish, there's either absolutely not one fish in sight or 1 out of 10 times there's fish that show up for a second and then disappear. I know I'm in the correct location for the Bream fish because I've seen other people get it in videos but like many other people, it's bugged for me.

• Hhhhhharrie
    9 posts

Fish do spawn in coastal areas, but only if the sea is completely calm it seems. The moment even the slightest foam appears on the waves, the fish despawn. Since the waters of the rivers and lakes are always calm, fish spawn there as they should.
    One way I've found to fish in the sea is to do a quicksave and then repeatedly reload that save until fish spawn (the weather is randomised with each load). And then hope that the water stays calm long enough to catch any fish.
    Still, I haven't found any big flatfish or big mackerel either and I'm starting to doubt their existence.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

This is driving me insane! I`ve been fishing for 3 days straight now and the coastal fish constantly despawn after 1 or 2 seconds no matter what the weather or waves are doing. I reload the game every few minutes and occasionally (maybe 1 reload out of 50) the coastal fish will stick around for 10 minutes but then they vanish again, even while I am pulling in a fish they will just vanish. Plus I have never seen a big flat fish or regular and big mackerel in over 100 hours playing. I`m on Xbox one. FIX THIS MESS UBISOFT!!!!

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

Exactly the same problem on Xbox one, coastal fish despawn after 1 or 2 seconds.

• Dragonsnuts
    16 posts

I've been trying to do the fishing deliveries as I go. I started fishing off the coast of east anglia and the fish are few and far between, and when I find fish they will despawn as I cast.

• JSRG1840
    80 posts

@dragonsnuts
    It's not just east Anglia, its coastal fishing full stop. They're all messed up.

• Dragonsnuts
    16 posts

@jsrg1840 Thanks for the heads up. I'll save myself the head ache then.

• RamWamBam
    5 posts

The most infuriating thing. For science I decided to see how long it would take to find 2 Flatfish (Big) going on 3 hours with nothing to show for it. The despawn is actually maddening.

• Vanyar1
    10 posts

I've got the same problem. I'm only missing two different fishes from the sea, but neither of them is appearing. Once I was lucky and after waiting for several minutes a fish came up. But when I pulled it in, it just swam under my boat and bugged out - I could reel as much as I wanted Eivor didn't catch it. So annoying!

• RamWamBam
    5 posts

@ubi-swaggins yeah, fishing in the coastal areas is almost impossible. Fish disappear at what seems to be the slightest hint of bad ocean conditions. I sat there to test it out how long it would take for the fish to spawn back, 1 hour of waiting and still there was no sign. Needless to say I left after that.

• Kiro_Games
    2 posts
    Hello, I am having a problem with fishing off the coast of England, the fish disappear in 5 seconds and do not appear again anywhere on the coast. Even if I change the map, the same thing happens

• thesarge134
    8 posts

@kiro_games

This is off the topic but how in the heck do you add tags? I am trying to submit something but it won't let me because I need to add tags.

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

@ubi-swaggins This is driving me insane! I`ve been fishing for 3 days straight now (about 30+ hours) and the coastal fish constantly vanish after 1 or 2 seconds no matter what the weather or waves are doing. I reload the game every few minutes and occasionally (maybe 1 reload out of 50) the coastal fish will stick around for 10 minutes but then they vanish again, even while I am pulling in a fish they will just vanish. The coastal fish in Norway vanish much more than England but even in England they vanish about 99% of the time. And again this is in all weathers not just bad weather. Plus I have never seen a big flat fish or regular and big mackerel in over 100 hours playing. I`m on Xbox one. I know the next update is supposed to fix the fish in Norway spawning in bad weather but there was no mention of the England coastal fish and no mention of fish vanishing after 1 second. So when will this be fixed?

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

In the update they are supposed to fix the issue of fish in Norway not spawning in bad weather but no mention of ALL coastal fish (England and Norway) vanishing after less than 1 second in ALL weathers.

• Ribbheden
    3 posts

Fishes still despawn for me even when using the 1.04 patch. The issue is still there.

• pjc1506
    14 posts

@andychelsea420

Norway seems to be fixed, fish not despawning, still no big mackerel and England waters not fixed still despawning.

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

@pjc1506 same here, even after update, and with good weather, the fish in england are bugged, and the spawn for big mackerel in norway it`s trash, not even one!

• andychelsea420
    20 posts

This bug is still NOT FIXED!! The coastal fish in England (kent and sussex) STILL VANISH in less than 1 second and the fish in Norway are at least spawning but STILL VANISHING after 20 seconds to 1 minute. In 2 hours of continuous fishing in Norway I have managed to catch 8 fish (3 x regular mackerel, 1 x regular hake, 3 x small mackerel 1 x big redfish) and STILL NO BIG MACKEREL!!! 90 minutes downloading an update that did almost nothing!!!

• Dragonsnuts
    16 posts

@vanyar1 I also get this bug often in the ocean. I would probably be done if not for this bug lol.

• dlmthree
    77 posts

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - Title Update 1.0.4

World

Fish in Norway will now spawn in bad weather. Yeah, we had to read this one twice too.

Gameplay, Combat, AI

Improved fish-reeling behavior.

It has been bugging me for 2 weeks and I hoped that it would be fixed along the way with these but it seems that sea fishes in England are still bugged.

First, they simply despawn after a while, as in while you are reeling your fish just disappears, there's nothing anymore at the end of your line. And worse, there's no more fishes in the water. It doesn't happen in rivers and lakes, only in seas.

Secondly, their behaviour is odd at times where they don't care about player input. More than once I had fishes going under my boat (whatever the boat), your character doesn't even turn on themselves to keep facing it and the fish just swims away and away and away. Once again, it doesn't happen in rivers and lakes, only in seas.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics