Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Spanky_X
    Original poster 5 posts

I've been trying to snag ocean fish for turn-in, however, I get no fish spawning in the ocean or the ocean coast. I can usually go to a river inlet and get some of them, but it's more of a pain.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2929 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. This issue is due to be fixed with TU 1.1.2, which will be deployed 16 February, 2021 (Tomorrow) at 1PM CET! We hope that your coastlines and oceans become plentiful with fish following this update 🎣

If you're still missing fish along the coast or in the ocean following the deployment of TU 1.1.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • OtterKhaos
    1 posts

@spanky_x I’m having this same issue. You aren’t alone!

• Czelious
    8 posts

@spanky_x I got this issue too, and no big Flatfish in sight, have you managed to find any?

• Rock_Sampson
    8 posts

I am currently finding it incredibly difficult, if not impossible to fish around Folcastan, because the fish keep disappearing. I have even had fish disappear while I was reeling them in. Restarting the game has had no effect. This is aggravating because it’s the one place (so far) I know that has bream and flatfish.

• Nighthood666
    2 posts

Dear Ubisoft Moderator, all the fish that are supposedly located off the coast are not there, there is fish in the river, there is fish in the lake but there isn't fish off the coast so im kinda stuck for some order of fish like Sea Bream for example. So please dear Ubisoft Moderator, contact some Ubisoft Developer and ask him to use the mighty power of C++ to bring back the sea fish that Njord stole from Midgard.
    Regards, "Samuel the unused fisherman".

• Nighthood666
    2 posts

@spanky_x the fish outside the sea: undefined

• Gryma-
    25 posts

@spanky_x Lil' bump. Need to fix that !
    Sometimes they spawned but, after 2-3 seconds, they are already gone, sometimes they definitly not on the map.
    (and it's like 1% chance to get a "good" spawn without fish disappear for no reason)

• AlexDaedric
    1 posts

I can't seem to find anyone else having this problem, but every time I head to a coastal body of water, the Fish spawn for a few seconds, and then disappear and don't come back

Even if I'm quick enough to shoot a fish before it despawns, it just falls out of the world.

I can't complete the Fish deliveries in the settlement, or get the achievement tied to reeling in each type of fish =(

• Cyan10101
    1 posts

I hope this gets fixed. I will sometimes see a fish if I fast travel to a dock on the coast, but if you equip the fishing line, then all fish will despawn.

• asuhayda
    10 posts

@spanky_x I can't seem to catch more than 1 fish at a time in the river and rarely if ever catch any in the ocean.

• Eivor2345
    1 posts

Fish on the southern coast just disappear. I have ran up and down the coast trying to finish off the fishing but and there are no fish. If I fast travel to a location on the coast they are there for a split second and then vanish.

• Gryma-
    25 posts

Hey,

i put that here. When we try to go on a coast on in Norway for fishing, they are not there or they disappear after few seconds. Teleport on a Viewpoint/harbor and go back on our fishing point doesn't work.

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

no fisht at all , not in england, not in norway, can t find them to trade at fisherman.

• Sytev
    7 posts

I've spent most of the day doing some pretty intensive testing, and it appears that there is a major issue (may be Working as Intended, but is likely not) regarding fishing in ocean/coastal areas.

It appears that either fish, or waves, can exist in any body of water at one time. In effect, this means that in areas where waves can form, there are extremely narrow windows of opportunity to fish, when the weather is perfectly clear and still.

In "brackish" estuary areas, like the Humber, the Wash, and to a limited extent, the Thames estuary, you can find some, limited, coastal spawns in all weathers. If the weather is not perfect, these fish will despawn if they cross the barrier to the area where waves can spawn. This is particularly frustrating if it occurs while a fish is hooked, as it leaves you in a Schrodinger's fish situation - the fish is hooked, but not spawned in, and so cannot be reeled in.

This is simple to test and replicate - simply look at the horizon as you punt a small boat out of a river, while spamming Odin's Sight - you'll see fish around you until the waves spawn in, and the fish vanish.

While loading into a coastal region (Fast Travel to Folkestone is a great example, as it is teeming with fish) can show fish spawning on arrival, the wave mechanics spawning in a few seconds later immediately despawn the fish. For those wishing to emulate the great Dane King Cnut (yes, I know he was about 100 years after Eivor), you can sneak up on the coast and get similar effects as the game realises it has to load the weather/waves.

The reason weather is clearly involved is, well, obvious! If you luck out, and the weather is a perfect, balmy, doldrum, where the see is completely still, the fish spawn, and you can fish away to your heart's content... until British Weather happens, and a single cloud scares them all away, as the waves build up.

The behaviour when this happens is what makes me suspect that this is not WAI - the waves and fish co-exist for longer when the weather changes that when you surprise the sea, and it doesn't appear to cause any issues.

• Gryma-
    25 posts

@sytev That's just a major issue. I dont think we need to "wait" to get a great spawn, because they spawn automaticly when you arrived on a coast (like in Norway, the game consider all the water is a coast, so... Imagine.). I missing only 2 fish actually for the fishing house : Big Mackerel (in Norway) and Big flatflish. And actually, i cant find them because of that.

• OmegaGamma
    13 posts

Yes...fishing is bugged and not working properly. I was on the sea coast and couldnt catch not one fish!

• Vindilator
    8 posts

So i just went to norway to farm fish and for some reason no fish appear, or rather when i tp from one place to another the fish appear in odins sight for a brief second then they disappear, triggering odins sight again doesnt show them anywhere, tried to fast kill some and when i try to loot it disappears.

Also having issues with finding off coast fish like flatfish bream haddock etc, are they not supposed to show in odins sight? (im using bow to fish so thats why i wonder)

• Ribbheden
    3 posts

I have the exakt same issue. Everytime I fast travel to for example Folcanstan all of the fishes despawns after 1 second or two,
    This is quite unfortunately since I cant progress the fishing hut rewards untill its fixed.

• Tengarnos
    1 posts

Same couldnt find a damn cod in over 1 hr of searching the coasts. Fishing atm is just a pain and far away from being anyway near something you could call funlike. I just wanted to get the damn rune for the "special" slots but now I am so much discouraged to try ever again. Why dont we simply can buy them with silver insteat being locked behind some boring and bad made side"quests" (same goes for hunting. Why the f*** are things like fox pelts random?)

• Yuri-22
    22 posts

@tengarnos if you don t see it in the first 10 seconds then you can look whatever you want they won t spawn. I realoaded several times, fast traveled , meditate and sometimes i got them like 3 seconds than dissapeared.. specialy the fish on the sea.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics