Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • DoGGyLajoie
    Original poster 9 posts

For me it's already over but if i can save someone it'll make my day a less worst than it is.

IF YOU PLAY DIFFERENT SAVEGAME, DO NOT USE THE MANUAL SAVE, I REPEAT, DO NOT!

I finished the main story, i was power 315, asgard and jotunheim done. Was starting to go after order of the ancients. But i started another game with female eivor just to show my friend what it was like. So before starting i MANUALLY SAVED MY BIG GAME so that i don't overwrite it with auto-saved and quick saves.

i started the new game, played for like maybe 2 hours THEN i decider to switch back to my BIG GAME. But i told myself if my friend come back she will like to continue her game, so i've CREATED ANOTHER MANUAL SAVE, i didn't overwrite i've choose the button for a NEW MANUAL SAVE, BUT HERE's THE DEAL

INSTEAD OF CREATING A MANUAL SAVE 2 IT CREATED A MANUAL SAVE 1 (but my BIG GAME WAS ALREADY MANUAL SAVE 1) so i told to myself, maybe it means it it manual save 1 of the other game. But then i loaded my manual save 1 (big game) the one that was wrote 70h and the quest was chding the order, but when it loaded i was still in the 2h female game. So i told to myself ah its not bad its just a bug i will reload my game back, BUT NO THE TWO [censored] MANUAL SAVE WAS AT 2h now. So i was like nah maybe its visual [censored] or something. So i reload it, still the same thing, so at this time i was [censored], i turned off the game, i delete the local file then i synced fron the cloud, and guess what, only one Manual save remained after and it was the 2h one, so just like that i lost a 70h game.

SO PLEASE DONT EVER MANUAL SAVE TWO DIFFERENT GAME.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TORFINR
    331 posts

@doggylajoie Thanks for the head up!

• Lukensen87
    15 posts

Save system is kinda broken for me.. sometimes when I create save game 2 it will change name by itself to save game 1 and you can lose progress..

• DoGGyLajoie
    Original poster 9 posts

@lukensen87 that's what happened to me đŸ˜•

• MissM16
    163 posts

Don't panic. I think it's just a start screen glitch and your 70hr save file might still be there.

Go into the game and access the start loading screen from inside the game (from your map/inventory menu). All your manual save files should be there.

I had around 4 manual saves and when I tried loading a save file from the beginning, only 1 manual save showed up and 1 auto save. I thought I lost them but when I accessed the start screen from inside the game, they were all there. My manual saves and a bunch of auto saves.

I was able to load the manual save file I wanted from inside the game. I still can't see them if I try to load a save from the start screen before going into the game so that's why I think it's a glitch. Hope this helps.

• Xilverix
    8 posts

Maybe it was a manual save 1 with a cloudsync icon on it? I have a lot of saves on my game. 20 manual saves to be exact and a couple of quick saves as well. I believe the cloudsync one is really broken. Whenever I load up any save, old ones or new ones, it works like autosave to that save even though the time played show is exactly the same.

• El_Mattiaso
    55 posts

This happened to me as well. Although I lost "only" 15 hours of progress. My gf wanted to try the game, so I saved my progress into manual save number 3. She started a new game and played for a bit and we created a new save for her. Yesterday morning when I started the game only her savefiles existed. I had one savefile left from when I had progressed about 5 hours into the game. So I lost 15 hours. Not fun.

• El_Mattiaso
    55 posts

@missm16 Tried this. Didn't work. My old saves doesn't exist at all. Poof gone. All of them.

• Sam_Boo26
    146 posts

My father and I are playing on the same PS4 account, so we have tu use the manual save system and we don't have problems: we just need to be careful; I wish it was done better than this.

However, I know what you mean: there's a third "manual save", which isn't really a manual save but a copy from the most recent one. It's called "manual save 1" even when it's a copy of the manual save 2. We never touch that one though, just in case because we thought it was weird.

• Wombles-_-
    12 posts

@sam_boo26

Why don't you make your father an account of his own, on your PS4.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics