Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dj0rdje12
    Original poster 36 posts

The long waiting has finally paid off. I did not think next AC game would be better than Odyssey which I really loved.The summary of things I like in AC VAlhalla :

1. Number of different side activites :

• Offering altars
    • Cursed symbols
    • flying papers
    • flyting
    • fishing
    • Roman artifacts
    • standing stones
    • cairns
    • drinking contest
    • fly agaric
    • lost drengr fights
    • animus anomalies

2 . combat

I enjoy new fighting style with dual wielding , return of shields , introduction of weak points of enemy , and I really love new weapon flail. Also different type of enemies who attack in different ways with different weak points is also plus.

3 . Mini puzzles with doors and walls.

What I love is that opening doors and walls require exploration and little brain work . Some doors need key to be open others are barred and need to find a spot how to shot them , other walls need to be blown up with oil jars or destroyed with falling heavy objects. Its simple thing but also rewarding, you get that small amount of satisfaction after solving those mini puzzles that doors represent.

4 . Graphics , Eivor and story is really good.

Graphics is really amazing I like that we have snowy region Norway with beautiful mountains and astonishing polar lights at night time. Story so far is really great cant say that much yet. Eivor is great character, I play as female because it have really badass voice fitting for female viking .

5 Raids and assaults .

This part of game is really amazing far better than conquest battles in Odyssey which were just too simple and always on open field. Great how you start from your ship sounding your war horn , landing and advancing together with your crew. Like how you must joint efforts with crew to break some doors and loot treasures. Unlike conquest battles they dont take place on open field which makes them extremely bland , you can and must enter different buildings making bigger immersion . Love introduction of ramming and breaking gates during big assaults.

6 . other small things

• Now you can summon your ship just by being near water you dont have to find special place to call it.
    • New hood and cloak system is good , in distrust area if you put hood and cloak lower are the chances guards will chase you, meaning the have actual real purpose and work as intended .
    • You have glossary / Info about characters in story , enemy types and more , really nice feature
    • You can train your horse to swim
    • My favorite thing is blowing horn whenever you want , sound it makes is really epic and fitting for viking game I often for no reason love to blow horn its similar to playing flute in ghost of tsushima.

Overall its really epic game I really enjoy playing it , I hope bugs will be fixed soon so we can all enjoy this amazing game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TORFINR
    366 posts

While I agree that the game has a lot of potential and that it is already a really good game (with a few bugs that need fixing)
    I am also a bit worried by the so called "end game". By "end game" I mean the things we can do when the main story arc is played and when most chests/treasures are looted.

In Odyssey, even if rather "bad" and sometimes uninteresting, there were some kind of end game: you had levels to raise, skills points to unlock, and you were able to do it via contracts (kill 10 Athenian archers, destroy 5 resource boxes...). Without judging if the experience were good or bad, these activities existed and kept you in the game. Many posters out here have played the game like that, some went to the skill cap (1500+ skills...) and some others still continue to play it even as we speak now.

In the current version of Valhalla, sure we have skill points to unlock, but from what I've seen so far, way less than in Odyssey, which means that we'll be skill capped much faster. And after...?
    What's the point of chain raiding monasteries? No specific contracts or quests for doing so and very little xp/kill. And the chests/treasures dont respawn: no point in redoing them?!

Sure, most of the features I was talking about arrived in Odyssey patch after patch, some of them even in DLCs, but with what we have now, I barely see a reason to think I'll be playing Valhalla beyond Christmas.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics