Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DarthPurgatio
    Original poster 5 posts

To start, apologies: Mods - for some reason I cannot create a post in Bugs so please feel free to move this there if appropriate.

I hope I am not breaking any forum rules, but it's easier just to show. In the linked video, I break down my easily-duplicated PS5 crash. I'm at a point in the story where I need to upgrade my settlement further, however I cannot go on raids to acquire more resources to do that without crashing the game. The crashes are sporadic otherwise, but almost on-demand if I set foot anywhere near a raid location.

Is this a known issue? I'm aware of the PS5 crashing on almost all of it's launch titles, but this seems too focused and specific a place for it to be exclusively a new console problem. I hope that by sharing this, it will reach whatever Developer it needs to, to help resolve and push out a patch.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DarthPurgatio
    Original poster 5 posts

Just an update: I've now found a second spot I can routinely crash it at, and this one is much more critical. I ignored the raid stuff and carried on the story. Updated the Seer's hut with my final resources and traveled to Asgard. The first mission requires you to repel an assault by getting to a door across the Bifrost and closing it. Every time, at either the point by the stairs where Thor jumps down and blasts everyone around him or I reach the door, the game crashes.

I can't even ignore this one like I can the raid and play around it - because this appears to be a critical path quest and I can't even get back to England or Norway to play on.

So now I really am well and truly stuck.

Ubisoft - please patch this. The stability is terrible.

• ssilver3880
    1 posts

This game is completely unplayable on my PS5. It is a digital version and will not get past the first cut scene. I've tried loading the PS4 saved game and same thing crashed while loading. I'm able to play on PS4. I've tried changing resolution, rebuilding PS5 database, just about everything. Still not one minute of playtime. Very frustrating!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics