Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • guest-2L6aCLvi
    4 posts

Wow it appears this is still not fixed in the upcoming update.

• r0gu3ptm
    50 posts

@ubi-woofer Morning there, before we are all getting excited title 1.1.2 update is coming, can we get a confirmation from the dev team this is fixed/not fixed in this title update ? Let's not repeat the shamble we had at title 1.1.1 when in error in the patch notes was noted this quest was fixed, and it wasnt. Thanks.

• Urthor1
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello again everyone,

Just as a couple of people have mentioned this - today's update, TU 1.1.2, does not contain the fix for Road to Hamartia. As I stated in my last post, this fix is scheduled for a future update and the details of this have not yet been confirmed. I will keep you all updated when its release is scheduled however. πŸ™‚

I apologise for any disappointment caused, and hope that you are all having a great week so far. Any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to send them our way.

@r0gu3ptm - The patch notes have been improved to now be more specific about the individual issues fixed if there are multiple with any particular quest. I discussed the confusion with a few issues with @UbiQuB3 after TU 1.1.1 released and we agreed this would be helpful. I hope that there should be no confusion again, but you are welcome to ask me if you are unsure of anything, and I'll look into it!

Official Response
  • r0gu3ptm
    50 posts

@ubi-woofer thats all i requested, a bit more clarity. Nice one, finally we are getting somewhere. Cheers.

• Mpbx3003
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer Thank you for being open and honest about the timeline with this fix. I hope this can be pushed with a hotfix in the coming weeks, rather than waiting for another full update in March, but I'm just glad it's finally on the schedule to be dealt with.

• Obi1kanobi1982
    8 posts

@chewywaffles I wasn't happy about it either. but when i realized that it would not play through, because I traveled and cleaned out the location before before the quest, that seems to be the story to my other 2 problems as well

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@r0gu3ptm - No worries. Sometimes some issues may be resolved but worded a little differently than you'd expect due to how the developers themselves understand the issue and resolve it, so don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

@Mpbx3003 - Thank you for the kind words πŸ™‚ I'll keep doing my best to keep everyone updated with the latest announcements regarding the fix for this issue. I cannot promise a hotfix will be possible, however I will ask about it.

@Obi1kanobi1982 - I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing multiple issues - please check our megathread list to see whether the others have threads that you can reply to as well. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Official Response
  • r0gu3ptm
    50 posts

@ubi-woofer Im very pleased to see the way we communicate here; even though the fix for this bug is not included in the update, we can wait a little longer. However you mentioned the possibility of a hot fix, can you please investigate that possibility ? Yes i can agree with the fact that some issues might be worded a little differently; hence videos for the devs with repro steps.

• Obi1kanobi1982
    8 posts

among the two side quests that I cant complete including the
    Crushed Dreams which I killed everyone before I started the quest and I cant finish it.
    and the daughters of lerion Goneril when i killed her and took the sword and complete the mission but it still shows active on the map and the green gas is still floating around. and her body was making a sound like a a blown amp an an electric guitar, until I picked her up and tossed her in the ocean so the sound is gone and the green gas/fog is gone but its still active on the map. and now after the upgrade, my controller stops working during the river raids, and I have to stop. use the keyboard to get back to my village and save so I can shut it off and start it again.

• jayjudd
    1 posts

Disappointed on the wait on this one ..since my last check it looks like maybe a fix on next update. Really thought the last would have it.

• lilwicked1417
    1 posts

Hello all. Wanted to share my experience as I have this bug and have been following this thread since mid December and might be able to add to the pool of data here. With my bug; the door is open and Halfdan is standing (wont move) outside said room at the base of the ladder. Cutscene wont trigger...

I'm playing on PS4 until yesterday, I finally acquired a PS5 (super excited) and the first thing I did was install the PS5 version of AC Valhalla to see if the bug still existed. AND it does 😒. But man, the load times on the PS5! The game definitely looks better as well.

Now my pity party: I've completed EVERYTHING this game has to offer minus the fishing (also glitched until recently I believe) aside from completing the MAIN STORY. I'm a completionist, probably to a fault. Collected every chest on the map, collected every trophy that I can with this glitch, played all of the new content they added along the way. I believe I'm around 165 hours into this game. Not a chance I'm restarting my progress. I'm expecting a fix for this game breaking bug.

I have played/completed EVERY AC game available on the PlayStation starting in December 2009 on PS3 and this is the only time I have had an issue like this.

Looking forward to the fix.

Thanks

Brian Danielson
    PSN "lilwicked"

• r0gu3ptm
    50 posts

@lilwicked1417 same thing here minus the PS5, didnt bought one anyhow... i did exactly what you did and even more: tried to load the save game thinking it might trigger Halfdan to move... nope... so stuck with this quest; but things looks promising as the devs have a fix and will be released with the next update... fingers crossed.

• MetSPECIAL
    2 posts

Hello Everyone, I have had this glitch happen to me as well but I just figured out a way to get around it. For my situation Halfdan was stuck up on the wall outside laying down next to his dog. I was unable to attack him or use most of my abilities. I eventually found an oil jar spawn close by and brought one up to him. The only way I could get it to explode was by using the ability to jump in the air and slam the ground. This caused Halfdan to run around on fire for a few seconds before he would glitch and lay back on the ground. After numerous times I was able to get him to run down the main stairs to the main hall. Down there I was able to pick him up. If you pick him up and drop him right by the throne in the hall there will be an option to speak while he's laying on the ground and I was able to continue on. I have been stuck on this for over a month..... I hope this helps someone!!
    Posted clip on My Xbox 1 profile..
    MetSPECIAL K

• ChewyWaffles
    9 posts

Hi All - still hoping for a fix.

• r0gu3ptm
    50 posts

UbiQuB3Β and @Ubi-Woofer come on guys, 4 and half months, really ?! Getting close to 5 months.

• kyle04075672
    1 posts

I've had the issue with the game since november the issue being that Haldan just stands next to the ladder after helping me open the door and then game crashed since that point he won't move from next to the ladder and te door is stuck open and im really dissapointed that ubisoft has done nothing about it. i am not able to progress past the road to hamarita bug and it being almost 5 months on and still no fix it's just dissapointing. please Ubisoft fix this issue already

Platform Xbox One S

• r0gu3ptm
    50 posts

@kyle04075672 well mate i bought this because you know, thinking i know how the QA is being done, or was supposed to be done, its going to be an awesome game, i found out while playing is so bugged, i dont even know how this passed QA tests and was actually launched. I mean, this version was by far ready-to-launch one, most likely close to internal release, for testing. And Ubisoft is screwing us big time by letting down alot of people, making them wait how long ? 3-4-5 months for fixes ? Its a joke.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1493 posts

Hello all!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences with "Road to Hamartia." As mentioned previously by my colleague @Ubi-Woofer, the development team hopes to resolve this issue in a future update. Currently, we're unable to provide a definite ETA for this update. Once we have more news to share, it will be posted within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum, so please keep an eye out in these places.

@Obi1kanobi1982 - If you're encountering issues in other quests, please would you be able to open a new thread about these? That way, we can keep the investigations separate, which helps to prevent any confusion or miscommunication.

@MetSPECIAL - Thanks for sharing how you were able to get proceed with the quest and to prompt Halfdan to follow you. I'll pass on your workaround to the development team.

Thanks all! 😊

Official Response
  • r0gu3ptm
    50 posts

@ubi-borealis put some fire under that chair of devs and get them to say the date; you sold us a broken car, you got an angry mob of people at the gates, and hopes and maybe and perhaps just doesnt do it anymore. Get my just ? We need some pressure, so go get that date for us.

Suggested topics

Community details

Users
Topics