Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• mattvlr
    2 posts

I would be really great if we could get a response in here or get this issue added to the Know Issues Thread. I can't finish the story now, after 65 hours of playtime it feels meaningless. Very Sad
    @Ubi-Spud

• ChrisOctobrBorn
    2 posts

Same issue here guys! It seems a game breaking bug for me after 55 hours I won’t start again or go back to previous saves hours before. So please UBISOFT tell us the solution.

• CitedFever2
    1 posts

Upon completion of the “Honor Has Two Edges” quest in the Eurvicscire Story Arc, the next quest “Road to Hamartia” does not begin or show its tracker on the map. When going into the “Quests” section of the pause menu the Eurvicscire Quest Log disappears completely, preventing completion of the story arc and the game itself. Please fix ASAP!

• tbeast12
    5 posts

Bug is still active. It just totally halted my 50 hour playthrough. Halfdan is standing right in front of the door with the option to force it open, but since the door is already open he does nothing. Please fix ASAP Ubisoft!

• JBQ.
    Original poster 16 posts

Ubisoft Support Team - can you FINALLY reply and acknowledge the issue? It's over 2 weeks now without any response from your side and we can't finish main story.

[REMOVED]

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 785 posts

Hello everyone,

I'd like to preface this post by asking that you do not excessively tag members of the support team. We're working through the reports here on the forums as quickly as we can and we WILL get back to you - it is just taking a little longer due to the high number of posts we're seeing here at the moment. Tagging us does not speed up our reply and will not give you priority over the other reports, and should not be an abused feature. Thank you. 🙂

Now, regarding the issue - it is already known to the development team and under investigation at the moment. I'll be passing on all of the reports and evidence so far provided in this thread to aid them further. If you could please continue to post videos showing the issue, as well as provide your save files in a support case and leave the case reference number in a reply in this thread, we'll be able to pass these additional resources forward as well and hopefully speed up the investigation.

Some other questions I'd like to ask are the following:

• Which platform are you playing on?
    • Did Petra help you to force the door rather than Halfdan, or how else did you open it if not?
    • Are you able to provide a video showing you forcing the door, and then Halfdan remaining stuck?

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Official Response
  • ChrisOctobrBorn
    2 posts

Dear Support!

In my case:

Which platform are you playing on?
    PC

Did Petra help you to force the door rather than Halfdan, or how else did you open it if not?

Yes, Petra just appeared from knowhere and opened the door with me. Then she just went outside. Halfdan is staying outside the room and he doesen’t move or interact.

Are you able to provide a video showing you forcing the door, and then Halfdan remaining stuck?
    I have no video becasue the door is already open. I’m not able to close it or reopen it.

Thank you in advance!

• tbeast12
    5 posts

@ubi-woofer thank y'all so much for responding! In my case:

1) Playing on Xbox One

2) An NPC from a mystery where he was supposed to follow me randomly followed me down into the ruins and appears when I went to force open the door. I think it was the blind man from "Path to the Wind-Blue" but I could be wrong.

3) I'll try to post a video now. I'm standing at the open door and it still gives me to option and animation to force open. You can clearly see Halfdan standing behind the grate on the wall, but he is unable to move.

• Ubi-Woofer

@ChrisOctobrBorn Thanks for these answers, I've forwarded them to the devs now! No worries if you can't show the door opening; would it be possible for you to show a video of Halfdan stuck in place at least? It would be helpful to also see which quests you currently have in your log and know which you previously completed before starting this quest. Thanks!

@tbeast12 Thanks for your answers! If you're able to come back with a video it will be much appreciated 🙂

Official Response
  • JBQ.
    Original poster 16 posts

@Ubi-Woofer Thanks for response!

Which platform are you playing on?
    PC

Did Petra help you to force the door rather than Halfdan, or how else did you open it if not?
    Halfdan helped me with the door but he didn't enter the room so I tried fast travel to "reset" him.
    Since then he's stuck in one spot, not reacting to anything. I tried to lure some wolfs/deal fire damage to unblock him, unfortunately it didn't help.

Are you able to provide a video showing you forcing the door, and then Halfdan remaining stuck?
    Halfdan stuck during forcing the door - https://streamable.com/av0gkb
    Halfdan stuck even when attacked by wolf - https://streamable.com/xb2t89

• Ubi-Woofer

@JBQ You're welcome! Thanks for answering my questions and sending these videos over, it's much appreciated! I've sent those over to the developers now, and will let you know if I hear anything in response.

Official Response
  • mill5184
    1 posts

@chronoblitz almost the same issue. Petra helped me with door, now Halfdan is stuck in the entryway (where the stairs going up are located) and will not follow me through the doorway I created with explosives.

• blurry123
    3 posts

So when is this getting fixed? I'm stuck on this quest, and also the one with patrolling Rollo. and these are the only quests im missing, so i can't progress any further.... so freaking annoying that you can't just abandon the quest and re-do it. Piece of crap game, have to stop playing and cant complete it because of these 2 quests.

• Geosem83
    1 posts

Same issue here.
    I have opened the door days ago and when i picked the quest halfdan was following me underground but before reaching the door we should open he stopped following me.
    Cant do any other quest because i think i should finish this first.
    Previous save is about 50 hours back. Too many hours to repeat them.
    Playing on PS4

• hiphipharambe
    1 posts

The main storyline quest “Road to Hamartia” is bugged for me, and I can’t progress further without completing it. I followed Halfdan and his dog to track down these alleged traitors in some underground ruins. Here’s the thing, I already explored these ruins prior to meeting Halfdan. I have to “Help Halfdan find a way into the room.” He’s supposed to help you force this door open like you normally do with two people. However my door was already open before starting this quest. Somehow the blind man in Sciropescire showed up when I was first exploring these ruins and he helped me force open the door. Now Halfdan won’t step foot toward the room or go in. I’m power level 300 by now with 90 hours logged in this game, I REALLY don’t want to restart. I have no earlier saves I can load, what can I do??

• Abdullahmay
    1 posts

I have the same problem here !!! this is very stupid bug and it takes very long time to fix !!! what make it more stupid that I need to finish the game before Ubisoft+ expired !!

• Obi1kanobi1982
    8 posts

Im having the same problem, Halfdan is just in the other room, standing

• Obi1kanobi1982
    8 posts
  • dannyfriskes
    5 posts

same problem here its really frustrating that i cant progress any further because of this

• SIRFreZfockboi
    1 posts

the solution that work for me is you go thru the little entering to the right from the bars and blowing up to the poisonroom, going from there and blow up the wall beside halvdan.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics