Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• APPLE5333
    Original poster 28 posts

Can't speak to Reda to start "Vikings for Hire" quest
    Can't finish "Big Finish" in Asgard because getting the paint part bugs out and I can't continue
    Can't do a side quest because the movable shelves are stupid and sometimes just bug out to where they cannot move anymore
    Can't finish the Museum's quest line because I can't get the key for the guy's house in Lunden while the children distract him. So the children just repeat the same thing over and over again. (Rivalry for the ages)
    Breaking breakable walls underwater is stupid in this game. The character can't target the wall so you end up just spending 3 minutes flailing at it until you get lucky and hit it

The rest of the bugs are visual or minor annoyances that I don't care to list since it's nuts. Don't know how this got through your playtesting..

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Tink-Tank
    31 posts

@apple5333 Yup, just posted a similar thread.
    This is a open beta for the game right 😄

• Justus1302
    17 posts

Would also like to add the disappearance of romance dialogue with Randvi for example. And the disappearance of Randvi's romance quest.
    And the bug I'm currently dealing with regarding 'A brewing storm' that's preventing me from actually continuing the main storyline.

I feel like any playtest would find most of these bugs by just playing the game once. Did that even happen here?
    I've been stuck killing Dag with my entire town for 4ish days now. No matter which earlier save I use or how many times I try to get the quest to play normally.

• Tink-Tank
    31 posts

@justus1302 Agree, it's not like these bug have some weird trigger conditions that you need to do to make them happen. Nope just playing as expected is resulting in at least ten odd quests (based on the megathread) crapping out, that does not include the treasure hoards not working and someone reporting its possible to lose weapons permanently!!
    WTAF?

• mbiggs31183
    13 posts

@apple5333 Yeah, I paid for the collector's edition and feel a little cheated by this mess of a game. I haven't seen a launch this bad since Arkham Origins from WB Montreal.

• RenoxDashin
    23 posts

Theres countless quests, at least one in each alliance arc (alot are listed already, but theres many still that aren't), where the cutscene cinematics fail to load. Instead it loads your character in play, but you are unable to move or do anything. Few have workarouds with tweaking video settings or just sitting for 10m. This game looks amazing, but looks can be deceiving. 2/10. I'm extremely disappointed, I cannot even play the game rn because i'm stuck in a cutscene that won't load. Try justifying to your wife how you spent $100 on a game you can't even play. Think i'm going to be done with ubisoft after this nonsense. Been almost a week since release and still no patch. I'm livid.

• csahendriks
    19 posts

Where to begin? So many bugs just from my personal experience alone.
    World events are a glitchfest. To the point where I now make a point of manually saving before getting close to one. I still have a couple that are uncompletable.
    Some chests/wealth are shown on the map before they're actually available to loot. Yes, even the small chests.
    Bug with fabric collection -- can't pick up any more after maxing out rations and arrows, even though at least one altar asks for fabric.
    Audio bugs galore -- sounds randomly not playing/cutting out, infinitely repeating sound effects, etc.
    Quest/event NPCs just randomly dead after conversation. Seriously. No fight, no nothing, they just spawn dead right after the cutscene.
    Infinite fall glitch -- careful where you parkour. Lost raid this way.
    Eivor randomly refuses to move for seconds at a time -- died several times this way. Something wonky with the parkour code, it feels like.
    Sometimes the game gets confused and puts Eivor in a state where he/she is constantly entering and leaving combat, indicated by loss and return of grey "stealth" veil, even without any enemies nearby.
    All this just off the top of my head, and there's still sooo much more.

• UKranianTickler
    1 posts

Erland bring me a beast. He died but quest cannot finish. Still on mini map and his body is just in camp

Opal bug, if you die before a save but after getting an opal it will show on map but cannot be picked up.

• APPLE5333
    Original poster 28 posts

@tink-tank Dude it seriously is!!! It makes me so frustrated. Like.. C'mon man. Odyssey was amazing (in my opinion) and this game added a lot of stuff that I also really enjoy but then game breaking bugs that make it impossible to complete questlines, talk to npcs, 100% clear zones. I just really hope they fix it. I'm stuck at home due to [censored] immune system from chemo so this game is really all I got as sad as that sounds xD
    I just hope they finish the game soon

• APPLE5333
    Original poster 28 posts

@justus1302 I haven't gotten there yet but thank you for adding that!! The way I play AC open world games is really slow. Like fully clearing zones, having fun trying to 100% stealth kill everybody in the raid zones before calling the boys in, focusing on overleveled zealots to pretend i have balls enough to play a darksouls game. haha

• APPLE5333
    Original poster 28 posts

@tink-tank I Think one quick way they could fix it is to allow some sort of "abandon/RESET quest/side quest ( "mystery" x_x )

Then we just reset the quests after they patch ( HOPEFULLY THEY PATCH ) and then bipbamboop we can finally play the game. 😄

• APPLE5333
    Original poster 28 posts

@mbiggs31183 Damn dude, I'm sorry. That collectors addition was for sure pricy. 😕 It's just games companies right now. They release games way too soon or without properly playtesting it or thinking of the simple question "WHAT IF A QUEST BUGS? DERRRDERRR" like just put a quest reset button into the game. Idk. x_x

• JJWW33
    4 posts

This game is unplayable. I paid $60 to be a beta tester. I’m calling my credit card to get a refund since I was sold a defective product.

• RenoxDashin
    23 posts

I've had luck with a few different work arounds for the cinimatic bugs.
    1st option: Manipulate video settings to anything other than low and DO NOT skip dialogue.
    2nd option: You can skip the video settings manipulation and just mess with "Resolution Scale". then wait a minute or two when it kicks you to the "unmovable" screen where you are unable to move.
    3rd option: Once you get to the "stuck" moment, just let it sit for 5-10 mins. I've noticed my CPU dragging on these bugs. It doesn't work EVERY time, but within 3-4 loads i can usually get past it. Takes anywhere from 3-10 minutes to get around.
    I've conquered 5 of the lands on the alliance map, and a bit of asgard and most of my settlement. I've encountered this bug too many times to count. If you stick to these 3 options. You should be able to get past it.
    if it works, Give this comment a like so others can find it too.

• APPLE5333
    Original poster 28 posts

@renoxdashin OOF!!! Sorry to hear man x_x I had to justify to my wife why I paid just the 60 bucks hahaha
    It's really rough though. I love exploring around old England and doing the side stuff while I wait for Ubisoft to finish the game so that I can progress. I haven't had any cutscene issues except the occasional camera getting stuck in somebody's head . Oh and also literally just now I looked at my screen and saw a cow just floating head facing down. Flawless game.. Tooootally ready for launch.

• APPLE5333
    Original poster 28 posts

@csahendriks Thank you for adding !! Yeah I've ran into a lot of these as well. The infinite fall for sure a few dozen times to the point where I just jump off most everything rather than climb down slowly since this bug tends to happen if I'm climbing down the side of mountains but has happened on a couple of rocks in the world. Just rocks on the ground, Eivor just gets stuck on them and then fall animation happens. The Eivor not moving for a few seconds has been happening to me when crouched so it hasn't caused me any issues but it is FOR SURE annoying.

• Jasette
    27 posts

Wanted to +1 the Maximilian museum quest bug. No key in sight even after fast traveling elsewhere for long periods of time & closing & reopening the game. Super frustrating.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics