Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• deadly_cabaret
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer I'm playing on PS4 and have the same issue, I have completed The Way of the Berserker quest but I was having issues before that, it seemed to start when I spoke with Petra and helped her find Wallace. My settlement which is currently almost 5. I have tried to even romance Petra which was the only dialogue option I had available. I have tried to fast travel, travel to Norway and back, I have even tried to reload a previous save, hold a feast, and upgrade my settlement again. I should also note that my husband also plays on PS4 and has not encountered this problem. When you approach an NPC there is simply no way to interact with them. I was on my second or third pledge when the error happened and was focusing heavily on wealth and mystery locations. I will update my current case with a copy of my saved game.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2891 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Chaadunk
    1 posts

I’m having the same issue, settlement level 4.5 started when I finished path of berserker, couldn’t interact with barracks shipwright I don’t have cartographer so I can’t check and can’t talk to hunter, as well as tattoo person. Reloaded the game to an earlier save where I hadn’t done the quest and seemed to work, then checked again after finishing kingmaker and tried to put in the npc you get for it and another jomsviking I recruited and the game went through the same exact glitch, I think it’s bugging out with certain people going into my barracks and bugging a lot of the settlement any help would be great!

• claud1o-
    50 posts

@Ubi-Woofer
    I have uploaded a vid on youtube but cant share links here...

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-woofer

Thank you for the quick response woofer.

The info I have gotten so far is as follows.

My settlement is level 4, I have done a lot of side activities including quests.
    I have finished chapter 2 and have also fully completed my first visit to asgard through the seer.

I would be happy to provide a video but I would need to send it through xbox if you can do that as my tablet is bugged and won't let me send clips, something about a memory issue. My gamertag is the same as on here.

I have tried relaunching the game, restarting the xbox and other troubleshooting tips but they do not work.

In terms of the connectivity issue I have tried troubleshooting to no avail, it seems to be server side from the error I was recieving. I have no issue using other online games and services and my Nat type is open.

Oh and one last thing, I noticed the berserker is also bugged in my settlement, I can interact with him but once I open the panel to recruit him the press A to recruit button is greyed out and won't work.

Hope this helps!

(If you can accept the clip through xbox I show as offline so send me a message and I will get back to you ASAP)

Oh and also woofer, the connectivity issue is the same as the one you had, but mine also stopped the store from functioning at one point.

• claud1o-
    50 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

Here you go, pls let me know if you need me to show specific areas

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@claud1o lucky, you can interact with the Fisher lol 😞

• claud1o-
    50 posts

@smithy10gb 😢

I also have the Randvi romance bug, really unsure if going on playing or putting it on a virtual "shelf" hoping they can fix this (without needing to start from scratch).

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@claud1o I'm probably gonna use the opportunity to gather hunter / fishing mats and also upgrade my gear since the shop still works, but it is a little frustrating, I spent around 4k silver on cosmetics for my ship and character and I can't even use them lol 😞

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@claud1o I hope we don't have to restart as well because it will make me drop the game, I have around 55 hours on my save, its too long to simply start new.

• Harley1822
    2 posts

Mine was on ps4 as well I got in touch with customer service and as of right now they are just saying delete the corrupted save file... I’m over 30 hours in.

• MnrGod
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Playing on PlayStation 4. I cleared out the first area of Norway completely before moving to England. When I got to England, I followed the main quest and did the Soma alliance quest thingy first. This made me unlock the opal shop I also build the hunter and did the first quest to go kill the wolves and put the second one on hold. Then build the tattoo hut moving my settlement up to lvl3. That’s when I lost the ability to interact with Reda.
    So, I loaded a previous save where I hadn’t upgraded my settlement yet. Weird thing there was that Valka was already at the Seers hut while I hadn’t done the quest to pick her up from the docks. I could pick her up and there wasn’t a second Valka there so all good, I guess.
    But when I went back to the hunting cabin the huntress wouldn’t talk to me. I can fully use all the facilities just not accept her quest. (That I know are there from my the previous game.)

Weird note: Reda became adult sized (equal height to Eivor) after I talked to him to accept quests and I couldn’t interact with him afterwards.

• Neversetdrums
    5 posts

Updating, I now cannot access the tattoo person. She's standing on her chair, and the interact prompt will not show up. Can we please get some kind of update on this. I've bought ship skins and tattoos that I can't even equip....

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@mnrgod well that's a new one lol o.O

• Neversetdrums
    5 posts

Count me in. Was lvl 3.5 in settlement. Just finished east anglia and Way of the Berserker. Came back and barracks, ship builder, Bjorn are all bugged. Cannot interact at all. Ps4

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@neversetdrums thankfully because we brought this to the attention of woofer, its been added to the list of known bugs and the devs are being informed.

There's a reason Woofer is so famous lol, if I'm right he also helps CohhCarnage with technical issues on ubisoft games, great representatives.

• guest-b9Uydy0I
    5 posts

@harley1822

I’m at 40 hours lol would suck if it can’t be patched....

• chriskean86
    11 posts

35 hours in on PS4 and seemed to occur after completing Way of the Berserker. Unable to speak to Tattooists, Ship Builder or Barracks. Originally I couldn't speak to Reda but after listening to a story i can again. Also the fishmonger has just disappeared completely from his hut. I was level 3 settlement when it started and now level 4 and its the same.

• Prvd2020
    2 posts

I have the exact same issue with the barracks and shipyard NPC

• ShotGlass31
    1 posts

Xbox. I have a settlement level of 4 but this started at 3 and a half. I just got done with the Ragnarsons arc and I’m currently headed to East Anglia. I’ve been doing a lot of exploring and collecting gear. For me I cannot speak to my tattoo shop, my shipyards, my barracks, and my hunting hut/shop. I really hope I don’t have to start over again, I have like 47 hours into it already.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@chriskean86 from what I can see it could be the berserker quest or the chapter 2 completion, I have seen both, for me I finished both quests before returning to my settlement so it could be either.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics