Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MAGNUM7144
    3 posts

@shadow3469 I am having the same exact issue. It super frustrating because I can't access my crew, jormsviking, or ship ascetic any longer. I also got the cartographer and I cannot do anything with him.
    Ohh and I'm on Ps4

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2235 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • claud1o-
    50 posts

@ubi-spud

there's a bug when trying to interact with settlement NPCs, it's listed in the bugs thread

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81717/unable-to-interact-with-settlement-npcs-post-here

• claud1o-
    50 posts
  • Shadow3469
    5 posts

@pralokf2 i also cannot respond to the very same NPCs

• Shadow3469
    5 posts

Yeah all my npc bugs seemed to have occurred after the Uninvited Guests quest

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@d-l-donkeyshot that does make sense actually, I know I recently completed that one as well.

• MrSugarBoi
    3 posts

@smithy10gb okay if he doesn’t get back to you with a fix will you lmk thank you 🙏

• KapitanAhab
    2 posts

Apart from not being able to progress through the Seer quest, I have a new problem - my merchants in Ravensthorpe are unavailable. There is no icon to initiate conversation - so no blacksmith, no tatoos, no shopping.

Reloads, restarts did not help.

I still can sell junk in other cities but I cannot upgrade the gear. Travelling to Norway did not help (no blackmith there).

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-woofer from what people are saying it is also plausible that the raid on your settlement could be the cause which makes sense because your npc's get displaced while there is fighting.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@mrsugarboi no problem, hopefully we can get it sorted soon, I feel like this bug took away half the content so I can't bring myself to play right now 😞

• chriskean86
    11 posts

Yeah, I'm too far in to be happy restarting but I'm losing emersion with not being able to change things

• D-L-DONKEYSHOT
    6 posts

@smithy10gb I think so!
    I really Hope this will be resolved asap, I've stop playing since Saturday because of it.

I have also the same issue with Bjorn, I managed to put him in my crewship but not hired him as a Jomsviking

• KapitanAhab
    2 posts

I'm playing on PC; my settlement is level 3; I have a shop, tattoo studio, blacksmith's, hunter's hut, assassin's office, stables, cartographers and seer's hut. Currently I cannot use any of those - there is no icon allowing to enter into interaction with NPCs in those stores.

The issue started during the notorious Seer quest (which I am still unable to complete). Only after the issue occured I built the cartographer's hut (in the hope that it will somehowe resolve the issue, it did not).

Before the issue occured I concentrated on exploration and side quests (I completed quite a lot of those). At the time I did not upgrade any of the buildings.

I stopped playing the game because of this bug.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@kapitanahab out of curiosity, did this happen after your settlement was raided or before?
    I only ask because a lot of us have had this happen after our settlement was raided.

• BossBigBang
    4 posts

Anyone have any updates or positive results on this issue?

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@bossbigbang at the moment I think the dev team is looking into the issue but it's one of those where we don't have clear info yet. If you @ UbiWoofer in this thread with all the info he asked for above I'm sure it would help speed things along 🙂

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your prompt replies, and for answering my questions as best you could. I've now submitted a formal bug report to the devs with the details provided, as well as linking them to this thread and the video provided by claud1o-. Hopefully the information given so far will make it easier for them to reproduce the issue and identify the root cause.

If anyone has submitted save files via their support case, please quote the case reference number here in this thread so that I know to check those and can grab those files and add them to the report as well. Thank you to anyone who has taken the time to do so already, I realise it's time consuming to prepare those and upload them, but it is a massive help to the devs to have those available for testing and it is very much appreciated.

As soon as I hear anything back from the devs, I will of course write here again. It looks as if we've had a few cases come in through our ticketing system for the same issue, so it may already be something they've been looking into, but I can't be sure!

I'll reply to a few individual posts below, as there were some specific questions / points for me to address:

@claud1o If you're referring to the issue with "Taken for Granted", I've reported that earlier today as well after gathering information, so please refer to the megathread for that issue for the latest updates.

@MnrGod Regarding Reda becoming adult-sized, did you happen to capture a screenshot or video clip of this? I've seen it reported that this also happens in one of the world events where a child NPC is present, so I'd like to add any resources you may have to that investigation!

@smithy10GB I was unaware that I am famous! I hope if I am, it is for the right reasons, haha. I believe you may be mistaken regarding it being myself helping CohhCarnage as well, as I don't believe I've had the pleasure of interacting with him before.

@BossBigBang I'll reply again as soon as I have any news to share, promise!

Official Response
  • smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-woofer oh haha I swear I have seen your name mentioned on his streams but I guess not, either way you are being increadably helpful.

Thank you!

• D-L-DONKEYSHOT
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer

Hi, first of all, thank's for your efficiency. I've contacted the support for this issue last Saturday. The case number they give is the 13258320, I have uploaded pictures to show up the bubbles are no longer above npcs to interact with them

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 713 posts

@smithy10GB Maybe I have and I just don't know it! If you ever catch my name in a stream again, you'll have to let me know!

@D-L-DONKEYSHOT Thank you! I've uploaded the images you provided to the report as well for the devs to refer to now.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics