Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mr_Spanky9000
    1 posts

I am not able to talk to the vast majority of people in the settlement, i can't customize my ship, my lieutenant viking, or my crew, and that is only a few. can anyone help me fix this?

• Shraman
    7 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • claud1o-
    50 posts

Ok, after today's patch I will not go back to this game.

It will take 2 weeks for a new patch which might (or not) patch this issue.

By that time CYBERPUNK will be out and I look forward to not buying any more games from Ubisoft in the future, if not on a huge sale.

Well done on loosing a customer

• Shraman
    7 posts

Yeah, I'm done too, Origins and Odyssey were fine. I was a bit angry at what Assassin's creed was becoming but now it's just nonsense. Fighting is glitchy as hell, quests are impossible to realise because of glitches, physics is becoming nonsens too (beard and hair are IN the clothes), NPC are dumb as a snail (bear of the quest with the honey who glitch on the tree while following the boy) and the settlement... OH MAN THE SETTLEMENT... I don't feel like I'm playing a game anymore, or at least not from Ubisoft. That's a joke to have to wait for month to have a complete game. I just wish they had waited a bit more before releasing it, so disappointed, almost as much as when I realised Red Dead Online was a joke (at least the main story was pure art).

I didn't want to be rude and thanks to Woofer who was keeping us in touch, but that's a shame to have ruined a game that could have been so good. I could feel the good intention of the devs who put time in it, but the company must have pressured them to release it early or something, because that's simply ugly.

• DUCKKILLER37
    3 posts

@boom_tat_tat I'm having the same issue with barracks. Do you know of a fix?

• DUCKKILLER37
    3 posts

I've purchased the barracks, cartographer, and the docks. After creating the jomviking and changing my raiding party once, then changing my longship there is no speech bubble for either person or for the cartographer. I didn't have access to the tattoo shop or the little man that gives you contracts, those were fixed after listening to the little person tell a story to gain access back to contracts and after talking to tote about sven dying the tattoo bubble appeared on her.

• mnairn3
    1 posts

Hi all and sorry Ubisoft Dev's and team, game looks great and was great fun and looks like it could have been one of the better Assassin Creeds games, however, I have the same issue here. I stopped playing 3 days ago when I could no longer interact with the barrack or ship builder. I figured this would be addressed quickly and I have been playing too long to re-start now, particularly when it is not clear if the same problem won't happen again in another 20-30 hours of gameplay.

Bit upset I brought this full price as I could have waited for the bugs to be fixed in 2021 and had a great time. But being someone who rarely replays games or goes back to older games I never completed this will end up in my pile of shame. Guess it is a learning experience for future to not trust the early reviews and not pre-order Ubisoft games, at least not purchase for about a week after release to see what bugs they have, before deciding to purchase. Hope it is fix soon, however, I imagine like most Ill be playing Cyberpunk by then and this will be a distant memory. Best of luck.

• FireIce38
    33 posts

Is there some sort of pattern in you guys that are affected by this?

Does it only happen after you've completed that DLC Quest?

• firemonster62
    2 posts

patched fixed a most issues for me but i still can't talk to most npcs in my settlement

• firemonster62
    2 posts

@firemonster62 original hair also consistently clips through most armor

• aldaei90
    3 posts

A ubi support staffer on Twitter told me the issue is under investigation ( @dirtychocobo ) I really Think we should take this issue to Twitter to have them seriously listen and get actual replies . This is getting ridiculous.

• superguy35
    3 posts

Downloaded the latest update and the issues are still there. Really starting to upset me now

• fire_devil22
    1 posts

I can't change my crew en schip anymore can somebody help me?

• guest-xsazTLGE
    1 posts

Just did the most recent update. Now i cant interact with any npcs across the whole map and cant fast travel anywhere. Anyone got any solutions?
    Im currently in the middle of a quest, but can't complete it, due to not being able to interact with any npcs

• claud1o-
    50 posts

@aldaei90

the sad part is that we got listened to by woofer - the weak link is clearly on the dev side who does not give a [censored] to a few hundreds of [censored] off customers experiencing a bug, they are probably most concerned on other game breaking bugs/issues

• moffattbrent
    1 posts

The tattoo shop artist never lets me do anything. I built up his place and logged off came back multiple times and still nothing. I always chase down the paper to get more tattoos but I can’t access them. Before and after patch on PS5

• Bravata23
    2 posts

Got the 1.04 patch on PS4 yesterday and the issue is still there. I can't interact with the NPCs of the barracks, cartographer, the shipwright, hunter and fisher without showing any textbox above them. I couldn't talk with the tattoist either, but when it died, the new one worked fine. Noticed it after the event when the settlement gets raided by danish before visit East Anglia.
    I've tried to reinstall and rebuild the database but there's no changes.

• nerwenancalime
    3 posts

I'm having the same issue. I am unable to interact with the hunter (for trading hunting goods and legendary beast trophies), the fishing hut, the shipwright, jormsviking editor.

Glad this isn't vital to the most part of gameplay, but would love to be able to start trading all the fish I've been grabbing and the other trade goods too. And edit my ship. Really quite sad I can't do anything to edit my ship. Something I'd been looking forward to there...

But as I mentioned, can still play everything else, and will just hoard these items, but a patch for this issue would be greately appreciated

• nerwenancalime
    3 posts

Also, I think this has been happening since I went and killed the legendary elk in Norway near the starting village in the game (I forget the names).

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4150 posts

Hello everyone,

I apologise for the delayed response. Please rest assured that this issue with being unable to interact with settlement NPCs has been reported to the development team, and they are currently investigating this issue further. As mentioned previously, the developers did not experience this issue during testing, and have been analysing all resources so far received to try and isolate the cause of the issue and implement a fix for all affected players. We are therefore looking to gather more information from players such as yourselves here on the forums to aid in their investigation. 🙂

We're still looking to gather save files from players affected by this. If you play on PC/PS4, we would appreciate it if you could submit your save files to us via a support ticket - we'd also like a DxDiag if you are playing on PC, to look into the configurations this issue is being experienced on. Once you have opened a case and submitted these files, please drop your case reference number here so we can collect this information and pass it on for you!

If you're unable to submit a save file, we'd greatly appreciate any video footage that shows you're unable to interact with the NPCs. Please upload the video to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) and send us a link within the thread.

@gokerto - I've passed on your video to the team. Thanks for sending it to us!

@KenSterz - Thanks for sharing your case number. Could you please upload your save file to the case for us? Could you also provide a link to this forum thread within your case notes, so the agent working on your case can check the information here?

@heartpunches - I can see that one of my colleagues has reached out to you asking for a video showing this issue happening in-game. Could you please update the case when you're able to? Thanks!

We hope to be able to share further news about the status of the investigation soon, and will update this thread when we're able to with new updates or to collect additional information. We really appreciate your continued patience and can fully appreciate the impact of this issue. We'll do what we can to bring an update to you all as soon as possible.

Official Response

Suggested Topics