Quick Suggestions

• XBalls3Nuggets
    4 posts

Same here, currently unable to interact with:

Shipyard
    Fishing Hut
    Cartographer
    Barracks

I'm over 100 hours in but this error occurred around 45-50 hours, after I did the berserker questions.

Also:

I'm on Xbox One, love achievement hunting and have been that way since the 360 over a decade ago. I'm missing several achievements, but relevant here is the achievement for reaching settlement level 3. I'm doing raids as I enter the region, so I'm a few buildings away from settlement level 6. I will be crushed if the associated achievement doesn't pop when I reach 6. Anyone else experiencing this? Ubisoft support literally told me to restart and attempt the achievement on another save, but to get all the way back to 6 is essentially replaying the entire game. Plz no.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Whitey_Ford1979
    9 posts

And you know at some point in December (which starts in just a couple days) they'll be dropping the first DLC stuff..... And yup 2/3 of all the stuff is centered around the settlement. So all if us will just be totally [censored] when it comes to all of:

"The Season will bring the Viking Yule Festival to players' settlements as an in-game event, as well as offering players a new settlement area. They will be enhancing the Jomsviking mechanic by allowing them to level up the Viking they create to loan to other players. The higher the level, the more silver the Jomsviking will earn for its owner."

** So who knows what the Yule Festival will involve with your settlement, but if it involves interacting with your NPC's -- then we're screwed. And if you can't talk to your barracks at all, then what good is ALL that stuff with the Jomsviking!
    In other words, rather than things getting better for us all, it will actually be getting worse! **

• susansmith7214
    1 posts

@jonnyboosh i also noticed right away after buying the shipyard that i couldn’t use it but i thought it was waiting on another mission or something, sadly mistaken. And now since berserker no barracks and I cant get the fisherman to talk either!!

• claud1o-
    50 posts

So the inability to interact with NPCs is not even included in the issues to be addressed in the next patch.

Is this confirmed as of November 30?

ISSUES ADDRESSED IN FUTURE UPDATE (Updated Nov 26)

ALL PLATFORMS 

• The Ingot looted off the Destroyer in Hamptun Blockade is not counted towards wealth territory completion 
    • Items lost due to dual-wield issue
    • Splash Screen freeze
    • Cannot interact with Reda
      • In the meantime, completing the Cent story arc should trigger an event at the settlement that should allow players to interact with Reda.
    • Cannot proceed with several quests:
      • The Big Finish
      • A Rivalry for the Ages
      • Smashing The Compass
      • Bleeding The Leech

ISSUES UNDER INVESTIGATION 

ALL PLATFORMS 

• Cannot proceed with A Brother's Keeper
    • Cannot proceed with A Little Problem
    • “A Man's Best Friend” ability not received

COMMENTS FROM DEV TEAM 

ALL PLATFORMS 

• Dropping the torch during battle requires you to aim with LT and press RT to drop 
      • Note: This is an intended behaviour.  
    • World event cannot be completed due to various actions. 
      • Workaround: To reset, fast travel to a different location and return later to restart. 
    • The world map territories do not scale to Eivor’s power level.  
      • Note: This is an intended behavior.  
    • “The Way of the Berserker” and “Legend of Beowulf” can be accessed after founding your settlement in England. 
      • Note: To start the quest you need to go to Eivor’s room in the longhouse and open your letter box and read the highlighted letters.  
    • Struggling to find the third clue for the Adze? The clue is hidden in the region.  

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1042 posts

Hello again everyone! 🙂

Thank you for replying to my colleague Ubi-Borealis with more information, and for providing case reference numbers for us to check in order to pass on your submitted save files and videos. I have submitted to the devs the save files of The_Grayest_Ben (claud1o- I already submitted yours previously when we had been discussing the issue) and the videos of heartpunches, Rakkertje08 and kymbeee after seeing the associated case references posted here in the thread. heartpunches, I also passed to them your comments about the raid following "Reporting on Grantebridgescire" as this could be a really good step for them to test in their reproduction efforts, so thanks for sharing this!

The devs would greatly appreciate any additional videos or save files that can be provided, as well as a DXDIAG/MSINFO from PC players. At present I'm afraid the team are still in the stages of reproduction so there's no update just yet on when this might be resolved. However, I do want to reassure you all that this is an issue that is high on their priority list for investigation. The Known Issues list will receive incremental updates as further investigations take place, and if a fix is planned, you'll see the issue added under "issues addressed in future update". I'm working closely with the Valhalla game team to ensure that the Known Issues list gets updated. 🙂

To answer a few posts individually -

@chriskean86 We are updating this thread as regularly as we can with updates or acknowledgement of new information submitted. It would be greatly appreciated if you would be able to submit the requested documents and also a video of the issue occurring if you are affected, so that these can be passed to the devs to aid in their investigation.

@BobbyFioretti Regardless of how much progress you have made since the issue began, it would still be very helpful to the devs to analyse your save file I'm sure! Do let us know if you upload any files to your case so that we can send those onward. One video and/or save file is not always substantial enough for the devs to pinpoint the issue as in many cases the reproduction steps are not straightforward, so this is why gathering as much data as possible is key, as it allows them to identify common factors / choices made / gameplay styles and work from there to pinpoint a root cause. 🙂

@smithy10GB If you would like to seek a refund, you would need to do so from the retailer whom you purchased the game from. I cannot guarantee that a refund would be granted however, if the game has been accessed and played to a great extent. If you purchased the game from the Ubisoft Store, you can read our refund policies for physical and digital purchases and decide whether to submit a request from there.

@FireIce38 I'm afraid we don't currently fully understand the nature of this bug nor when it can start impacting players, so I'd ask that you keep a close eye on your settlement and advise us as soon as possible if any NPCs should become unresponsive / you're unable to interact with them. 🙂

@KenSterz Please refer to my above instructions as to how to provide your save file if on PC / PS4! You'll need to put them in a .zip file and attach them to your case.

@Y2john84 I cannot see any cases registered to your account to find the videos you mention submitting. I checked your profile for videos in any other posts but couldn't see them there either. You said to the "PS4 Team" - are you referring to PlayStation Support? If so, we have no insight or visibility on your cases with their team - you'd need to share them with us here as well. 🙂

Official Response
  • adamryanleal
    7 posts

@ubi-woofer
    I see very few (if any) reports from people playing on PS5, but I am greatly affected by this issue as well. I am currently lvl 400 (mastery level 43). I am unable to speak with anyone in my settlement (Fully upgraded; Lvl 6). I cannot speak with the seer, so I cannot progress to Jotunheim, and I cannot speak with Hytham to advance the final quest to fight the "Father". This has affected me over 110 hours into the game, and I am unable to complete the game. VERY frustrating!

• H_O_and_Bear
    3 posts

We have the same problem with some NPCs not engaging in dialogue/trade.

We are playing the Standard Edition on Xbox 1. We’re currently at level 216 with Eivor and at level 4 with the camp, and we’re at 60+ hours into gameplay.

So far we have completed a few quest arcs and have tried to locate as many wealth/mysteries/artefacts in each area.

The issue first started with the Hunter’s Lodge. We were able to interact once or twice to see the legendary animals trophies, but shortly after engaging in romantic dialogue with Petra we noticed the chap in the Hunters Lodge was no longer available for engagement.

At first we thought that was because all trade dialogue had moved to Petra. This was fairly early on into the gameplay.

As time went on however it became apparent that there were other NPCs that we could not interact with.

So far, in Ravensthorpe we can interact with:

Museum 
    Merchant
    Seer
    Hytham
    Tattooist
    Petra (romantic relationship dialogue)
    Shipyard

We currently can’t interact with:

Barracks (did work once then stopped)
    Hunter (did work a couple of times then stopped)
    Cartographer (built after we noticed this issue and have been unable to interact with NPC at all)

We were able to engage with the barracks once to create a Jormsviking - something we did shortly after building that particular feature, but after that we’ve been unable to interact.

There is no speech bubble icon over the heads of these NPCs - meaning we’re unable to arrange our crew, turn in legendary animals or buy maps.

It’s unclear what triggered this issue - whether it was the change in relationship with Petra, the arrival of the Seer or the raid on Ravensthorpe.

Like many players we are finding this lack of settlement engagement and customisation frustrating. I will provide an update should we note that the issue affect other NPCs.

• H_O_and_Bear
    3 posts

I wanted to add, we did also rescue the Berserker as soon as we were levelled up enough to enter East Anglia; however, we’ve been unable to add him or other potential crew NPCs to our actual crew; which perhaps feels like the biggest loss.

• GrimR21
    2 posts

Im running the game on Xbox One and it seemes that im having issues with the NPCs on Ravensthorpe port.
    Im unable to access barracks and shipyard.

• BobbyFioretti
    11 posts

@ubi-woofer

I realize that pinpointing the exact cause of the malfunction requires as much information as possible, but the devs should be able to at least pinpoint the malfunction. Knowing what the malfunction is should allow for a temporary fix to be implemented so people can actually play the game as intended, while the devs work on the exact cause of the issue to stop it from happening initially. Pinpointing the cause and pinpointing the malfunction are two very different things. First fix the malfunction so we can play properly, then fix the cause. Does that seem unreasonable or logical?

• mew1135
    1 posts

I am playing the PS5 version of Valhalla and I can not interact with the barracks to select the crew or the shipyard to customize my longship (which makes buying custom packs worthless). I have upgraded the structures and both locations are unlocked but there is no dialogue option for the NPC’s.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

Ok this is starting to get annoying now, so basically I can't seek a refund because I have had the game for 2 weeks...... 2 weeks I spent waiting for a freaking update and the issue isn't even on the devs list to do yet. Are you joking? A game breaking bug and it doesn't take priority over a freaking bug that doesn't let people get wealth from an ingot off a corpse.

@Ubi-Woofer please tell me this is a joke, the dev team needs to sort their priorities out big time, some of us can't access half of the content in the game and the dev team are prioritising all of the minor bugs.

In the world of legality this product is faulty and not fit for purpose, yet I am being denied a refund, all I wanted to do was play the game I paid for and looking at how the dev team is handling the situation it will be mid 2021 before it gets fixed, I want my money back now!

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1042 posts

@BobbyFioretti Without knowing what causes the issue, and being able to reproduce it, it is difficult for the developers to resolve it - which is why we're continuing to gather further information. As soon as there is an update to share on the investigation I will of course let you know. In the meantime, any additional files and videos we can gather are all crucial.

@smithy10GB This issue was raised to the developers and has been under investigation by them for some time now, which I can fully appreciate is not ideal as you wish to continue playing. The team are doing everything they can to reproduce the issue and implement a fix, however they do need to gather information from affected players in order to achieve this. If I could speed up the process, believe me, I would - but I'm afraid for the moment I must continue to ask for your patience and understanding, and your help if you can offer it.

For the attention of you all - the Known Issues List was updated today, and now lists this issue under "issues under investigation". I hope that this will reassure you that the developers are listening, are taking your reports seriously, and do hope to offer an update very soon. Thank you.

Official Response
  • indians2023
    1 posts

I have been patiently waiting the past week or so for this bug to be fixed and so far from what I have seen there has been no results. I am dissapointed because Valhalla is one of the best games I've played this year but this one bug has caused it to become unplayable for me. I cannot interact with the hunter dude but I have some legendary trophys to mount and see. Looking to fix this bug I built the cartogpraher and the tatoo shop whom which I cannot interact with. This is dissapointing because I never got to see my new tatoos I got while exploring the world and also I don't know even know whats in the cartographer. All I am asking is that there is quick fix you could such as put a tatoo shop, barrack, cartographer, hunter, and fisher in Norway. As I know this would ruin the emmersion of the game but at this point I am just looking to experience one of the vital parts of the game. Ubisoft please fix this.

• kodare97
    10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SmallChik3nz
    1 posts

Hi! I’ve been playing since the game came out..I can’t talk to many of the same characters other are reporting issues with. My husband and I are playing on the same console, and he is not experiencing issues with this bug. I’m pretty sure mind started around the time I grabbed a Jomsviking, because I was able to update my crew but once they were updated and equipped I no longer was able to speak to my barracks lady.
    super fun game otherwise. I have about 45h into the game, kinda bummed I don’t have the settlement customization.

• oscarurby
    2 posts

I have the same problem.
    Can't talk to
    Tattoo shop
    Horse, Stable
    Barracks

I think this bug came up efter upgrading seer's hut

• claud1o-
    50 posts

After 17 days I received an answer to my ticket - they ask me for a video (which by the way I have uploaded in this post) when I have submitted a savefile.

This makes me x times madder: power on your damn PS4 upload my savefile and have fun not interacting with the NPCs and shooting a video.

Really this is absurd. Any other company in any other business would be bankrupt now with this kind of customer understnding, service and care.

undefined

• oscarurby
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • scrappycocoa91
    2 posts

For ps4, there's an issue where I can not speak to the tanner Wallace in the hunter's hut no matter how far I've progressed in the game to turn in trophies.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics