Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• stokekirk
    2 posts

@smithy10gb try paying 80 quid for the same issue, I was so keen on getting this game I bought the, allegedly, all singing all dancing version. I have devotedly bought and played every AC game from Ezio collection onwards Ubisoft, but do feel extremely let down by the absolutely unfinished state of this game. Oh, and if you didn't guess, I cant interact with barracks fisherman hunter stables or cartographer either! Its blatantly a game that's been rushed out way too soon and I can't lose going on 100 hours gameplay. I fear you've shot yourselves in the foot with this one as never again will I pay full price for an Ubisoft game. I'll even wait 18 months if i have to for the price to drop in future!

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Y2john84
    48 posts

Nowhere else would this be allowed.
    "thanks for your money, enjoy your table, we will deliver the chairs in a month"

"next gen gaming"

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

@y2john84 is there honestly a company/authority we can report Ubisoft too?
    This is surely illegal?

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

Been following this thread since around Nov 14th ish
    Ive had the same issue since around that time. Ive not played it in over 2 weeks whilst I wait for some kind of fix. Im 50 hours in.
    My settlement glitch 100% happened after Dane attack/Berserker quest like everyone else is saying. And because of that, how the hell are Ubisoft struggling to replicate this issue?

I cant speak to:
    Stables
    Barracks
    ship builder

I can speak to:
    fish hut
    Tattoo/hair
    blacksmith

for me, it seems that during the Dane attack, some NPC's must get themselves in problems during the fight and its glitching them out afterwards.
    And it appears mostly random from person to person depending on what NPC's got themselves in bother during this mission from gamer to gamer.

I got stuck on a mission where saved people had to follow me to a safe point but they were all stuck standing together in a huddle and no one would move.
    I found a fix by throwing an exploding jar at them all and it knocked them out of the bug and they followed me fine after about 45 mins of messing around with other fixes.
    I tried applying that logic to settlement, and it still didnt work (i.e I threw a oil jar at Barracks lady and I still cant speak to her afterwards)

• sgonabe
    2 posts

It's dismaying that this thread goes back to November 16. Not only was Ubisoft aware of the issue, they even had a chance to patch it in between now and then. I was not going to buy this game as I was planning on purchasing another popular release that has been delayed to prevent these very issues from happening. I thought to myself, "Sure, I'll be a Viking while I wait for this other highly anticipated title."

Much to my surprise, I enjoyed Valhalla right out of the gate. The play felt fresh, I enjoyed the combat, the story, the history, and I was excited to be able to play through a game I believe is one of the best representations of being a Viking out there. The thrill ended when I was unable to utilize components of the game that aren't necessarily vital to playing through the game, but certainly increase the value in terms of hours-spent and customization. I don't think it's a surprise that my PS4 version is having the same issue with settlement NPCs and not being able to interact with them. In addition, the game crashes much more than any other recent title I have purchased in recent memory.

It seems wrong for a company to sell a product that offers one thing and delivers another or doesn't even deliver at all. There is plenty I would like to do in the game, but with the story making up only so much, what's the point of collecting customizable pieces from around the world if you can't use them? This seems to be a hallmark quality of Ubisoft. I was genuinely excited to play through an Assassin's Creed game, more so than in previous, but the prospect of other parts of the game not working coupled with the current fractured gameplay make me very reticent to pick my controller up again. What if the issue becomes story-related, and I just straight up can't play the game? I don't want to collect just to collect. Plenty of other games have featured a settlement aspect without resulting in this many problems. I'm going to wait one more week to see if this issue is addressed and fixed. If there is no movement, I will stop playing, move onto a non-Ubisoft title, and strongly reconsider purchasing any game from these developers in the future. I'd ask for a refund too, but I doubt that would be honored. What a jip.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@stokekirk yeah I tried being as patient as possible but this is a bit of a joke now, this is what I would consider a game breaking bug yet it looks like it is simply being left on the sideline and other, less important, bugs are getting fixed instead, that's the part that grinds my gears.

Well that and also the fact that even if I did want a refund I can't now because its outside the 2 weeks wait time on xbox, 2 weeks that I waited freaking patiently for ubisoft to fix this issue and now I, the customer, am getting royally shafted for it, what a joke.

You can't even dispute for refunds on xbox because its all automated, you might as well be speaking to a wall.

• Neversetdrums
    5 posts

Okay, so, I went back after reaching level 157 on my main save. I've taken some time off cause of holidays and work and what not. But now I am doing a new game from scratch. So far, settlement is level 3, finished ledcester story line and came back. Have not done berserker or Grendel quests. I have unlocked:
    Barracks
    Stable
    Blacksmith
    Assassin bureau
    Ship builder
    Seer

I have unlocked the Asgard quest in Dreams, but have not yet begun the quest. I did a hard save, and did the report to Randvi on ledecester quest. Now, initially, right after when it segues into the uninvited guests quest, Eivor wouldn't move and the cutscene wouldn't play. I had to reload the save. Did it again, the cutscene played, and right as Eivor said "Everyone to me!", the game hard crashed to ps4 home screen with an error report. Filed that, and restarted the game and the save. After finished the uninvited guests invasion, I ran around and checked if I could speak to everyone I have unlocked. So far, so good. Can still talk to all my unlocked npcs. I did another hard save, quit game and relogged to check and make sure I could still talk to them. So far so good. Accepted the pledge to east anglia, checked npcs one more time, and they're still good. So, I'm going to be doing hard saves on this playthrough as often as possible, and before I do, I'll be checking to see if and when this change happens. For me, it was something to do with east anglia so I'm trying to pinpoint exactly when this happened and I'll post my results.

• Y2john84
    48 posts

@lewisstorer89 not that I know of, there should be shouldn't there, I can't afford this anymore

• Neversetdrums
    5 posts

Update 2: Have finished the east anglia campaign. Before turning in, i built the hunter and hit lvl 4 on settlement. I am able to interact with Wallace once building. Once again, I was able to go around and still interact with all my previous npcs. So now I'm total i have:
    Barracks
    Ship builder
    Blacksmith
    Hunter
    Assassin bureau
    Tattooist
    Seer

At this point in my main save i don't have access to anything other than seer, bureau, and Blacksmith. I did think for a moment that I'd lost tattooist, but I just had to do the quick story mission because Svend died and tove was in mourning. So she's back. I have not started the berserker mission, or the beowulf mission which had both been completed on main save. I have the In Dreams quest available but not started, and I have the Randvi romance quest available but not started.

• SK_Gael
    4 posts

I'm another person with this issue.
    I would like to ask if 1.05 patch was supposed to fix this issue. I am reading all over that 1.05 patch is live, available, and fixes this and that, but my PS4 says that 1.04 is the most recent update available. 1.05 hasn't showed in automatic downloads, and when I "check for update", it says the installed application is the latest version, which is 1.04

@mnrgod lol WHAT!?

@smithy10gb that's EXACTLY why I stepped away from Valhalla to continue Yakuza

• SK_Gael
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SK_Gael
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • METALUX666
    1 posts

Reported this over a week ago. Since the quest "Have you seen this man". Have not been able to interact with Wallace at the Hunter Hut in the settlement.

• nankurunais
    1 posts

Hi, I can’t interact with the Tanner Wallace to give him the legendary animals and the cartographer. I’m about 75h in this game and hoped the update would have fixed this.
    I play on PS4

• chriskean86
    11 posts

Oh look, this STILL isn't fixed 😕

Imagine having a bug that cripples the only part of the game you sell bonus content for. Lunecy

• SHIFTY1986
    1 posts

Exact same issue here pretty much every npc uninteractable including reda. This likely to be fixed any time soon? Games be out how long? Bug riddled.....

• FireIce38
    27 posts

@sk_gael As far as I am aware, there is no patch 1.05.

• Y2john84
    48 posts

I'm gutted about this, please, please, just add an option in the pause menu to access settlement vendors, clearly finding the root cause is not going to fix anytime soon, so whilst you're investigating, add this simple link in the pause menu, please

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

@fireice38 This article is from Dec 1st and mentions NPC bug fixes -
    https://www.dbltap.com/posts/ac-valhalla-patch-1-05-notes-everything-you-need-to-know-01erfnge9ttx

no idea where this actual Patch is though because I dont believe I have it either.

• Y2john84
    48 posts

@lewisstorer89 what the heck?! I havnt got either and my ps4 says latest version (1.0.4) this is a mess, a mess I can't and won't afford again

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics