Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SHIFTY1986
    1 posts

Exact same issue here pretty much every npc uninteractable including reda. This likely to be fixed any time soon? Games be out how long? Bug riddled.....

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3571 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • FireIce38
    27 posts

@sk_gael As far as I am aware, there is no patch 1.05.

• Y2john84
    48 posts

I'm gutted about this, please, please, just add an option in the pause menu to access settlement vendors, clearly finding the root cause is not going to fix anytime soon, so whilst you're investigating, add this simple link in the pause menu, please

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

@fireice38 This article is from Dec 1st and mentions NPC bug fixes -
    https://www.dbltap.com/posts/ac-valhalla-patch-1-05-notes-everything-you-need-to-know-01erfnge9ttx

no idea where this actual Patch is though because I dont believe I have it either.

• Y2john84
    48 posts

@lewisstorer89 what the heck?! I havnt got either and my ps4 says latest version (1.0.4) this is a mess, a mess I can't and won't afford again

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

Man, Cyberpunk 2077 is going to kill this game stone dead. I played Odyssey more than this and I actually thought that was average compared to Origins.
    Deary me. Some excellent ideas went in to Valhalla but this has to be the poorest execution of an AC game ever. This is worse than Unity's launch.
    Ive not been able to play Valhalla now since about the 18th of Nov whilst waiting for a fix to this issue.
    Now Cyberpunk is about to release.

• lewisstorer89
    19 posts

@y2john84 me either bro. Mine's still 1.04 so no idea how this has released across all platforms on the 1st because we dont have it haha.

• heartpunches
    13 posts

@lewisstorer89 @Y2john84 any sites that are reporting a released 1.05 aren't accuate— the most current release is 1.04, and until ubisoft officially announces a release date for the next patch, that's what we're stuck with. the official ac twitter page and the ubisoft blog are the best place to get legit info on patch releases, but there is a rumor that 1.05 will drop in mid-december, so fingers crossed for that!

• TheTakenKing640
    1 posts

Svend doesn't even show up for me. Tried a bad hairstyle for fun. Now I'm stuck with it.

• FireIce38
    27 posts

@lewisstorer89 I wouldn't be so sure. Cyberpunk 2077's two largest cons are framerate issues and that it's a buggy mess.

Possibly even more buggy than Valhalla.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

Ubisoft seriously need to start communicating with Microsoft to get people their refunds, listen to this, I am being denied a refund because its over 2 weeks since purchase and I played for more than 2 hours.

OK so because I spent since the 16th trying to communicate with ubisoft about a game breaking bug, I'm getting shafted.

Also, who knows what's wrong with this 2 hour thing? Well I'll tell you.

NOT ALL BUGS HAPPEN WITHIN 2 HOURS

This is B. S.

And guess what, we still don't know when it will be fixed, so we have paid £59.99 or more, for a game with essentially no real support and what is essentially a no refund policy (and they know it too well)

I sense a class action lawsuit if this gets traction.

• MembaBerries
    2 posts

Just like everyone else here I am having the same problem. It saddens me to see this issue goes back almost a month ago, and has yet to be fixed. But I feel I need to add to the pile so here it goes. P.S. There are some spoilers:

Xbox One
    51+ hours of play time
    4/6 village level
    153 Power

Can't speak with:
    Shipwright lady
    Barracks lady 
    Fishing kid
    Stable guy (won’t speak to me despite picking his side of the argument) 

Can speak with: 
    Black smith 
    Tattoo artist (but only after the quest where her husband died) 
    Opal Contract kid
    Assassin order man
    Thrift shop woman 
    Roman statue guy (but only after completing the quest to get his statue back from London dude) 

I'm not sure the exact moment it happened but I have completed the Berserker quest.
    Not to mention the Asgard quest line is literally unplayable. Glitched during “Defensive Measures” quest. But I know there is another post for that so I won't continue here.

And if these glitches, are any indication of how this company is being run, then we are in BIG trouble!

• kodare97
    10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • lewisstorer89
    19 posts

@fireice38 but at least CD are dropping two absolutely massive patches Pre release and on Release day, to sort out all these issues.
    One of them (the patches) is nearly as big as the entire game itself I believe, in size.

Ubi have dropped just one - after release day (so they were happy dropping this game with all these issues) and that didnt even solve this bug which given Ubi's whole money making model centers around settlement, made it an unbelievable thing to not fix by now.

all that stuff in the store for people to buy is all totally pointless.

• Y2john84
    48 posts

@lewisstorer89 absolutely, there really is no defence, simple option in pause menu to link us to settlement options whilst they look for permanent fix, I can't believe this hasn't been done day 1 of issue reported

• Bravata23
    2 posts

I've found another NPC with the same issue outside the settlement at Crawley, It's the orlog's player.
    I posted it here because the issue started with a similar event (when you raid the village and set the roofs on fire). The NPC disappeared during the mission, and when it came back, the textbox above wasn't there.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1009 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued reports of this issue with speaking to the settlement NPCs. All of the information, images and videos provided have been much-appreciated and integral to the developers' investigation.

Following said investigation, the developers have now advised that a fix is now planned for a future update! 🎉

I'm afraid I don't know exactly when this fix will be deployed as yet, but as soon as this information becomes available, it will be shared here as well as in our known issues thread where the issue is mentioned. The issue has been moved to the "issues addressed in a future update" section now for clarity.

To answer specific posts -

@kodare97 Just to let you know, cases close automatically after four days if we don't receive a response from the player. It doesn't mean we're not still investigating the issue, and you're welcome to reopen the case anytime by adding a new reply.

@Hambone2021 Thanks for sharing the workaround that fixed the issue for you in the meantime as well! Hopefully it may help other players to achieve the same thing until the fix is deployed.

@BobbyFioretti My role on these forums is both to support players such as yourself and to moderate the content posted. I relay information to the developers and help with the investigation as much as I can, as well as ensure that these forums are a positive and pleasant space for players to contribute their ideas, discussions and issue reports. So again - please do make sure to follow the forum rules as it is part of my role to enforce these 🙂

@Gresteh Thanks for sharing your workaround for the issue as well - I'm glad it's already helped a couple of players either in full or some capacity, and hopefully it will help more in the meantime until the fix.

@adamryanleal From what I know as a PS5 player myself, I don't believe it is possible to back up saves to a USB drive like it was on PS4 😞 This means you won't be able to provide your save unfortunately, but thanks for offering! I think we may have all that we need anyway now.

@smithy10GB This issue was always a priority however it was difficult for the developers to reproduce and address for some time 😞 I hope to share more news about the fix very soon, so that you and all others affected can get back to playing once it is deployed!

@SK_Gael I believe 1.0.4 is the latest version of the game currently deployed, so your version number is correct. We'll confirm more details about the contents of our next patch when it is closer to deployment, including the version number that will be associated with it. 🙂

@SHIFTY1986 Both the issue with interacting with the settlement NPCs as well as interacting with Reda are due to be fixed in a future update now. Please reply to our dedicated thread for the Reda issue if you'd like to share your account of that issue. Thanks!

Official Response
  • Eung232
    5 posts

Hi guys, just to tell you that the issue was move from "Issues under investigation" to "Issues addressed in future update" in the known issues thread. So we might expect a fix in the upcoming days.

• Petteflet88
    346 posts

@eung232 sure. you keep believing that.

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-woofer in that case are we atleast going to see some kind of help pack or something for those affected by this? I mean we have literally been going almost a month without playing the game, we have had no access to the daily and weekly stores / missions and God knows how long it will be before we get the chance once they all cycle back around.

At the time it happened I was farming mats for the hunter etc and I was never able to hand them in, I was also saving for items in the stores, again I don't know if or when they will be back.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics