Quick Suggestions

• frostbite033
    1 posts

Can't speak to shipbuilder, barracks, or tattooist

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Nobdag87
    3 posts

@frostbite033 I have the same issue on ps4. Can't speak to any of the NPC for the buildings I built. Only 2 that work are Blacksmith and the Shop, nothing else (fisherman hut, baracks, cartographer, shipbuilder, hunter hut)

• Nobdag87
    3 posts

@guest-zsz1xuyf I have the same issue on ps4. Nothing that I tried works to solve it, hopefully they will get aware and patch this soon

• jm6200051
    1 posts

I have built the barracks but it won't allow me to create a jomsviking because I can't talk to the lady on ps4

• samuel-jackson2
    4 posts

@kenpeel I'm also having the problem with being unable to interact with the tattooist

• ReaperOTears
    1 posts

I'm having a similar problem on Xbox. I can't speak with the shipyard, stable, barracks, or the hunter shop (other than to romance Petra).

• samuel-jackson2
    4 posts

@deadly_cabaret I've. been having this issue too, can't access the tattooist at all on PS4

• evilapplemoose
    8 posts

Same here (PS4). Unable to speak to NPC at Barracks, Cartographer and Shipyard.

• DarthCannabis1
    7 posts

So I went back to a save where the Berserker quest was completed, but I hadn't yet spoken to Bjorn in the settlement, or added him to my Longship Crew. It seems to be working fine. I suppose it's centered around him and his 'recruit' option, which I'm pretty sure shouldn't be there.

• Stascream89
    3 posts

Same here , I completed a quest in Grantebridgescire went back and talk to rev and then after that I was unable to speak to any of the NPC's in or around town I am unable to do anything now because of this issue , I don't have a manual save or quick save before this because I keep restarting the game and it keep overwriting the saves so I am SOL unless they can patch this

• Leon.rvb
    3 posts

@darthcannabis1 It might be the berserker mission, although I haven't done that mission. I should be able to do it but I can't find it anywhere (not in the letterbox). This is probably because I made a mistake with redeeming the code though.

With me it might have started after I recruited my first jomsviking from another player. That's when I first noticed the bug anyway.

• elcarancho
    7 posts

Many of the shops in the settlement can't be accesed, the promt to use them when hoy approched them does not appear...
    This is a big problem...

• DarthCannabis1
    7 posts

@leon-rvb I see. It definitely seems to revolve around the recruitment mechanic. Ugh. Come on, Ubi...let's get it together here.

• evilapplemoose
    8 posts

@darthcannabis1
    I had the Berserker mission still open. I finished it, but unfortunately it’s still not working.

When I build the Barracks the NPC starts talking and a Jomsviking from another players appears at the dock.
    I can recruit the Jomsviking, but I still can’t talk to the NPC to create my own.

• Pas_Cook
    1 posts

When is the patch about the shops in settlement not working going to be released ? Also is the patch going to fix things in existing save file or this save is ruined ?

• Sinewolf
    1 posts

Hello, so I haven’t had MANY issues at all luckily, but the one thing I have had trouble with is the NPCs in my camp. The shipmaster, Barracks master, and (he isn’t even there) Hair stylist and tattoo artist, can’t be interacted with any longer, I had no trouble up until a certain point in the game, is there any work around this as of now?

• Cypher767
    1 posts

As the title says I can not speak with anyone other than quest givers, general store, fish shop, and the hunting shop. It was after I built the longshipmans cabin and went to Asgard. I don't know which one triggered the issue. This makes it where I cant get any side dialog as well as I can not change the appearance of Eivor nor my ship. I am unable to change my crew either.

• yelllowel
    1 posts

@cypher767 I’m having the exact same issue, really frustrating!

• Cristeenamq
    1 posts

I have upgraded my tattoo shop, stables, and barracks and can not speak to anyone at these places to customize. I am also unable to speak to the opal merchant after the initial conversation when he showed up.

• N0va56
    3 posts

After having built the boatyard and the barracks, I was able to talk to the ship master and quartermaster once. Now each character is in my game but I cannot interact with them to customize the long ship or the crew.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics