Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PapaBellerose
    2 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

I am honestly really disappointed that you told us the problem will be solved in the next update. You did not even care not let us know that the problem will not be solve and keep us updated. For you, and Ubisoft, it is a big lack of professionalism.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts
    Best Answer

Hello all!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the issue wherein settlement NPCs couldn't be interacted with is due to be fixed in TU 1.2.1. This update will deployed 27 April, 2021 at 1 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues when interacting with settlement NPCs following TU 1.2.1, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:
    - You have TU 1.2.1. installed. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    - The issue still occuring in-game.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • FireIce38
    28 posts

@papabellerose They never said it would be solved in the next update. They said it would be solved in a "future" update.

• Y2john84
    48 posts

@fireice38 oh OK, so that makes everything cool then, thanks 👍

• FireIce38
    28 posts

@y2john84 You're welcome!

• WildEagle64
    1 posts

I loaded up the new patch and still have no access to the shipyard and barracks and stables I'm probably 100 hours in and would love to actually be able to use them any chance your gonna fix this ubi?

• sgonabe
    2 posts

@Ubi-Woofer

Enough is enough. This problem was reported over a month ago, and after two major updates it has been neglected twice. This is akin to buying a car and finding out the stereo stops working after mile 50. It isn't vital to starting the car, but it sure makes driving a lot more fun and manageable. Plus, I paid for the stereo too. Thankfully, no major plot bugs have cropped up, but at Power 135 I am not going to play the game again, knowing they are out there and that many Settlement features have been disabled for five weeks with no date or clear plan to fix them.

This is the last title I will buy from UbiSoft. I have never purchased a new game with so many bugs, crashes, and other problems. I stayed away for this reason, having had a similar experience with Unity. The Settlement bug was the last straw. I feel completely duped. I feel like I bought the snake oil. This is thievery. Never again, UbiSoft.

• V3R4TYR
    9 posts

It is now Patch 1.1.0, and I am playing on the PS4. I still cannot interact with the Shipyard, Cartographer, Stables, and Barracks. This issue only remains in my main game with 216 hours. Both my second and third game do not have this issue... yet.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1042 posts

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the continued reports of this issue with speaking to the settlement NPCs. I apologise for any disappointment caused by the fact that today's title update 1.1.0 did not include the fix for all NPCs affected by this issue - the developers are working hard to get the wider fix rolled out as quickly as possible, and as soon as I have further news on this, as ever, I will be sure to let you know.

In terms of the issue with being unable to speak to Reda, this was fixed as part of this update however, so if you were unable to speak to him, you should be able to now. I tested this myself and was finally able to hand in "Viking For Hire", so I'm hoping that anyone else affected will similarly be able to do so and access his shop again now! Please let me know if this is not the case on the specific thread for the issue with interacting with Reda, if still affected after 1.1.0. 🙂

To address specific replies -

@smithy10GB I don't have any information to share about compensation / grants at this time - it is entirely at the discretion of the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team as to whether they would grant anything of that nature. If I receive any information on this subject, I'll let you all know. Regarding a refund, the storefront / retailer you purchased the game from is your point of contact for this. I'm afraid as you purchased the game from the Microsoft Store, you are subject to their refund policy, not ours.

@MAGNUM7144 Please open a different thread for your issue with the uninteractable Orlog player; this thread is exclusively for the Ravensthorpe NPCs. Thanks!

@tanith1701 @Ccryosis Are you both still unable to speak to Randvi following today's update? If so, can you please provide a video of this, as I am unsure whether it has been reported that this issue also prevents interacting with her directly and I'd like to make absolutely sure? Regarding fast travel and saving, tanith1701, we implemented a hot fix a few days ago on the 10th that should have addressed this as well. Let me know if it worked for you!

@guest-po5313qH A fix is coming up in a future update for all affected NPCs - I'm keeping everyone updated here with the latest information I receive. Thanks for your patience and understanding in the meantime. 🙂

@GTR31770 Thanks for offering your help - the team have identified the issue and are working on the fix, which is coming up in a future update. I'm afraid for the moment it's just a case of waiting for it to be ready. I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the issue, and hope that you're enjoying Valhalla overall!

@heartpunches Sorry that I couldn't reply here in time 😞 I can confirm that today's update is not the one due to fix this issue. The developers are working hard to try and deliver the fix as soon as possible, and I'll keep you updated with what I know.

@Ipiidinthepool You should be able to interact with Reda again following today's update, and hand in / start Viking For Hire as a result. For your issues with the other two quests, please seek out more appropriate threads or create them for us to investigate these issues further with you if they also continue after the update!

@tperfecto12 Thanks for providing your case reference number. I've updated the case to include the link to this thread for the agent's reference when they reply to you. The fix is pending and an update will be provided here in this thread as soon as we know more!

@PapaBellerose I do apologise for any disappointment caused by the fact that today's update did not resolve this issue. As FireIce38 has kindly clarified, in my previous post I stated that the issue would be resolved in a future update, not the "next" update, but I do appreciate that this could have been misunderstood. The Known Issues list similarly lists issues together based on if they will be addressed in a future update, but it does not mean that the future update is necessarily the "next" update. I hope this helps clarify things 🙂 I'll keep everyone updated here with news as I receive it.

Official Response
  • Y2john84
    48 posts

Any update when I can talk to my settlement nps please? This update today hasn't fixed it

• tperfecto12
    6 posts

@ubi-woofer can you please ensure that my case stays open until this is resolved. This is my third case opened about the same problem which has not been resolved yet. They lay employee told me it was fixed, which was an untrue statement, then closed my case. It is very frustrating to not be helped or listened to over the past month. Please do what you can to restore my trust in Ubisoft. I’ve been with you guys and all your games for 12 years but this making me seriously re think that

• Amit_Vyas
    1 posts

Dismayed to see that this is still not fixed in the latest 2.00 update for PS4.

• JayTee308
    1 posts

@tallpaul713 I have the same issue have constructed most of my settlement however the NPC's for hunter hut fishing hut barracks and shipyard don't have their chat bubbles so I can't interact with them either

• chriskean86
    11 posts

This still isn't fixed and there's a settlement based seasonal update coming that I'd love to play but I put the game down 2 weeks ago. What is wrong with game companies. Why are games being released so broken?

• Xsarsus
    11 posts
    1. Made a raid
    2. Upgraded blacksmith
    3. Had a auto-dialog with Gunnar – upgraded my axe
    4. Left the dialog and cannot talk to anyone now

• Xsarsus
    11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • S7R1V3R
    1 posts

Still broken after today's update despite the devs saying it is fixed.

I work as a product manager with a of team software engineers, developing and maintaining a product I would be absolutely SAVAGED by the business if I said I had fixed a major bug and then it turns out that it is not. This is not good enough. The devs clearly don't understand the root cause of the problem, clearly are not testing thoroughly enough and the community team are being kept in the dark and/or trotting out replies without substance.

Can we have a senior dev explain as to what they are struggling with here?

Edit: I see that while the patch notes refer to various NPC improvements, apparently that excludes the inability to interact with the NPCs you engage with most. Fine. Can I instead ask that we get clarification on the timeline for this patch? If it's in the next major patch in Jan, I'm getting a refund.

• undlose
    1 posts

I Stil can't buy att Reda’s Shop..the cursor only stands att the back button is on ps4..I can only get jobs.

• kodare97
    10 posts

After this latest update I have lost hope that this issue will ever be addressed. I have completed the main story and most regions and although I have really enjoyed the game I won't be playing any longer, as it appears this bug will never be fixed, which means I cannot collect any rewards or customise my ships or jomsviking with items I have purchased from the store. I think the main game is great but the fact that ubisoft have not addressed such a game breaking bug is incredibly frustrating and has ruined an otherwise very good game.

• trickjc
    4 posts

@kodare97 I agree with everything you're saying this is a really stupid bug that applies to a major aspect of the game

• smithy10GB
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-woofer yeah I understand that, but the only reason I am outside the 2 weeks deadline is because I was on these forums reporting the issue, surely you guys at ubisoft can do something about that.

I just find it insane how I am getting shafted so hard for trying to help bring this issue to your attention, if I didn't bother messing about with all of this I would have been able to get a refund, I literally haven't even played the game since I reported the issue.

And trust me, I have tried getting a refund through Microsoft but its always automated bots I speak to that don't help at all, surely you guys have a contact you can speak to because we both know this is a big issue.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics